
United States
Hope the traveling salesman of pain has been away on vacay. How dare he be so annoying 
United States
When I started attempting to go down the stairs normally it did not like it one bit.
It’s been inflamed since so I’m going down them one at a time. It’s also keeping me from doing some standing exercises (calf raises for example) so I don’t do them. I’ve changed the laces on my sneakers so the bump (like half a golf ball on top of foot) isn’t pressed on. Walking is ok with mild to moderate pain most days. I have an appointment with foot guy who practices at same place as my hip surgeon on May 11. I’ve seen him previously and know I have to have surgery to clean it up but I need hip to be fully healed and stronger than it is since I’d be relying more on it postop. I want to see what he can do to help while I delay surgery for a bit. I’ll admit I’m quite bummed out over it. I knew it was going to be a problem but at the same time just feeling like will this stuff ever end? 

United States

United States
Hope everyone is doing well. 
Started lifting light weights. Hip is not a fan of lifting heavy but ok with lighter. Able to do mostly standing yoga poses and I’m way off balance - I think this is just strength related. Still ice afterwards but not sure it’s necessary.
I have no idea how soon I could have the surgery to clean it up but I need to get it done as soon as I can. If I can’t weight bear postop it’s going to be awhile. It hurts constantly just like good old OA always does. My stomach is not a fan of even Tylenol at this point since I was taking so many meds pre and post op for the hip. See doc on Friday.
United States
Has your knee sorted itself out now (re-read the first page of your thread but didn't have a couple of years to do the rest, so I may have missed it!) As for swimming in an unheated pool....hmmm either your Mays are a lot warmer than what I'm used to or you're a very stoical lady!
United States
United States
Hope all is well with you.
So I’ve gotten custom orthotics and am using Voltaren gel. I’m amazed how well the orthotics are doing. Pain is minimal now and my back pain is gone.
Cool beans. I’m back on my spin bike and clocked my first 60 minute ride last week. I’m back doing virtual races, which I love, and finished Moscow (26 miles) yesterday. I don’t think I’ll get back on my road bike. We’ll see. With two hips done I’m more paranoid of a fall. Haven’t hit the trails yet - giving it a bit more time.
United States
I don't do much 'outside' biking.....osteoporosis and now the hip make me too aware of what I might lose if I fell off (which is quite likely as I'm not the most confident of cyclists
) but it's a small thing to give up for the benefit of more mobility and no pain. Another benefit I found out today (taking my younger daughter back to the airport) is that she has long-term problems with her knees (she's pretty sporty) and has been told she will probably need at least one replacement in the next few years (she's 25).....I would have been so worried at her age, but she's quite blase about the whole thing, having seen my new hip.....silver lining!