Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte Although I had posterior, I have some tips as well. I took some older underwear and cut them on the elastic so as not to rub on my incision. I also have arthritis in my fingers, I was able to use the cane without too much of a problem holding on. The bigger problem with the cane, was the use of my scolders. I did find, that the hand grips on my walker were hard., and got a callus as a result. My hubby should have padded it for me.
And I agree with BarbaraR. Yoga pants are the way to go...so comfortable. I even get mine at target or khols (don't know if you have a khols). I'm going to hate to give them up when I return to work on April 1.
 
BarbaraR you are being so helpful! Thank you! ♫♥
I have several pair of (really) old, really loose and floppy lightweight linen elastic-waist pants, long and capri. And a pair of old mesh athletic capris. Not for going to church in, but I could get both my legs in one of its. That ought to do me. If not, send hubby to thrift store LOL. My current underwear may do, I will wait and see on that too :) I was going to buy satin boxers, but I think everybody who was recommending them was posterior. Thanks again!
 
Clothes can be such a problem when we return to work.. Long skirts were my solution, one less seam at the side on my incision :)
 
Mbone good tips! I like the undies one, and yes, I will be putting some gel bike handle padding on the walker if I have to use it long. So, I get to spend have to spend more money, for yoga pants? LOL We do have Kohls. Do you have to buy them a size larger?
Poppet I'm going to the thrift shop and look for a long, loose jumper to add to my pants collection. Slide over a t-shirt, and you're dressed. They were all the rage in denim when my kids were littles. Too bad I didn't save mine...
 
zauberflöte I did buy the yoga pants a little bigger. I wanted comfort! I was told to try men's boxers as well. No matter which approach, we all have incisions! Mine was glued... What will yours be?
BarbaraR I like that idea of wearing a longer top and blazer! I think I will I got spoiled wearing them,
Poppet I do remember wearing the jumpers! I even had one where someone painted Sesame Street characters on it! That is a children's show! I wish I saved it!
 
zauberflöte and Mbone, I lost some weight after the surgery so actually the smaller yoga pants are better for me for work. They look more tailored. I have 2 sizes and I use the larger ones around the house and to sleep in. I also hang the small ones to dry because the dryer shrinks them, and I'm not THAT small.

My mother used to sew and she made jumpers for me when I was pregnant (27 years ago)!
 
Mbone I have no idea how my OS closes. I was supposed to get info packet in mail this week, one day left for it to come! Then I will ask questions LOL And it was me with the jumpers...:angel: I used to paint sweatshirts for me and my kids. Christmas, mostly. I wonder where those went....? Somebody else's 4 yr old wearing them now, I hope!
BarbaraR I used to sew too, and I made myself the most elegant black linen shift jumper once. Then I lost weight... (and then I gained it and then I lost it and then etc) .That is so impressive, you losing weight after surgery! Maybe I can do that too, :rotfl:
 
BarbaraR you must be one tiny lady! 3-4 pounds lost on me would certainly not qualify me for a different size pants :umm: . I had that throwing up problem after wisdom teeth at 30-something. I had to switch to something else. Tylenol3 probably. Must have been weaker than the original.
You can afford to eat a little extra now! :) You're using a million calories a day healing and working! :)
 
My hand surgeon is doing research on arthritis in women and the thumb. 70% of the cases are in women, and it is thought to be tied to hormones. My left thumb is awful. I went through PT. It taught me wiser ways to use my hands, but did nothing for the pain. I am sure that surgery will be in my future. If it was my right thumb, it would be intolerable.
I just looked up the ice bag on Amazon. My daughter has a Prime account, so I am going to have her order it for me. I don't go anywhere without my cane, and keep my Mom's old walker by the bed, because I am so unstable when I get out of bed in the morning. One time in the middle of the night, my leg gave out and I fell down. Scary. It seems that weekly my left leg continues to spiral inward. My left foot is completely turned in. Have others had this happen? I get nervous that I am doing further damage on my left hip/leg.
 
I just found a wide leg yoga pant with a tie waist by Champion at Target. I thought they would be good for wearing and coming home from the hospital. They are not as fitted as my other yoga pants, so should be good for swelling. My Mother said that she wore her jeans to the hospital and could not even zip them up when she came home. She is a very tiny lady, but said that she looked like she was 9 months pregnant.
 
Mamarey oh my dear, you have my prayers. You are way worse off than I am.:console2: Keep pestering the scheduling people, like BarbaraR said. My mom has had several injections in her (right...) thumb, she says they do work for awhile.
I'm ordering all kinds of Amazon stuff, as I took the free Prime trial to get something for m-i-l earlier this month. I already own some athletic pants, the old mesh kind, that are gigantically large on me. Not good looking, but hey. They may be my "going home" clothes!
Today I'm going to try making one of my "zip lock bag with water and rubbing alcohol" ice packs, see if that will do as well as a costlier one! All the food in my frig will smell like alcohol:martini: ick
 
I called the scheduler this past week, and there are still 9 hips ahead of me, so since there has to be 2-3 weeks notice, there would have to be 9 cancellations in the next 6 weeks. Not likely. I thought about scheduling an appointment, but it would take 2-3 months to be seen, so that doesn't work either. I am literally just trying to grin and bear it.
 
Hi zauberflöte.
I meant to come by and say hi a week ago! I was so much better with my posting before surgery. There's just not enough hours in the day. By the way, I used double packed gallon baggies of ice post-op. One for the top of the hip and one for the side. I splurged and bought one of the cold coolers with attachment. It circulates ice water from the cooler to the attachment. I used that underneath my hip. It was a little pricey but I thought well worth it. We did go through a lot of ice though. It's great you were able to find a doctor that does the anterior approach!
 
Mamarey,
I had surgery on my right hip and my foot was almost completely turned in too. Thankfully, the surgery corrected that but it was scary. I was on a cane full time for the four months before surgery and that's when my foot got so bad. Also, I have arthritis in both hands and had carpal tunnel in left. I had the carpel tunnel release on that left wrist in 2007 and it did wonders. Now I am having issues with the right for using the cane and walker. My right thumb gets to aching so bad sometimes. I know I need to go have it looked into but really don't relish another surgery anytime soon.
 
Mamarey, My left foot has turned inwards since I was a child. I had a few operations trying to correct it but nothing worked. When I saw the surgeon re OA he said most likely it is caused by hip dysplasia that was never diagnosed till he confirmed it. Hopefully the THR will correct it. I can identify with the falling cos the leg gives way. It is very scary. Once it happened to me as I was crossing a busy road. I used a walking stick after that.
Barbara
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom