Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is such unbelievable support here. It makes it all less scary as the body continues to decline.
weezi, I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands, the most recent last August. I drop things with my hands, because they have become so arthritic. I haven't worn rings in years. I cannot fit my bangle bracelets over my right hand anymore. Both my parents have terrible arthritis, as did both sets of my Grandparents.
My left hip issue is more likely due to a severe car accident in college when I was thrown out of a car and fractured my pelvis in three places. As of my last X Ray, my right hip showed minimal damage. I now know to keep close watch on it after seeing how quickly my left deteriorated.
 
My foot was turned out also. One leg was actually shorter than the other, due to the loss of cartilage. That has all been corrected with I had the LTHR. I also have arthritic hands. My finders are crooked and are hard to extend in the morning. Do you think heat works better than ice for that problem?
 
Yes, my hips are very uneven and my left foot and leg completely turns in. My body definitely feels less achy in warmer weather, which cannot get here soon enough
 
My arthritis is much better in warmer weather.... unfortunately it is not happening in Illinois!
 
zauberflöte, you mentioned on another thread that you hoped to do the Lovenox injections, and I just thought of something. Find out ahead of time if that's what you're doing if you can, and then check with your insurance. My insurance didn't cover it or the Celebrex the surgeon prescribed, and a month's worth of those 2 drugs cost us almost $1000.
 
There is a new oral available called Xarelto...expensive, but on the Company website there is a savings card for a $25.00 copay. When I had my DVT, they never got my levels to where they needed to be on Coumadin, that is why he is thinking Xarelto or Lovenox. I will have to stay on it for 6 weeks because of my Factor V Leiden.
 
BarbaraR oh my, I didn't even think to look in the formulary for celebrex, which i already have a freebie and rx for, not filled yet. I will definitely check-- thank you SO MUCH!
 
Well bummer. My GP told me I had to cut back on the tylenol. I was doing SO well with it.:groan: :sigh: On the very bright side, he wrote me a script that I need to have smoke-free and non-perfumed attendants while in the hospital. Hypo-allergenic as it were. I like my GP :)
 
Welcome to the site. I'm so glad you decided to join so you can get to know us and we can get to know you. I like your spirit and the way you are wanting a new hip. I hope you will love it like I love mine. Again welcome, Keep us informed with how you are doing. Take care. Tashia
 
tashia thank you for visiting "my house" and for the warm welcome. I'm glad you love your matched pair of new hips-- and hope to be in that enviable position after a while myself :) Come visit the "Land of Limerick" thread in the social room, where we make silly and entertaining rhymes to while away the time :) The more who play, the merrier!
 
Hi zauberflöte thought I'd pop over to your house and see how you were doing!! I can't help with the meds but I agree about the pants, (trousers). I have a pair of soft feel trousers that I'm finding very easy to wear at the moment and use my long handled helping hand to get them on. My leg is still quite swollen and so I can't wear anything too tight, I am wearing soft knickers without strong elastic around the legs, the best ones I possess have wide elasticated lace around the legs which isn't so restricting and doesn't cut in. I'm having to wear knee high tight socks for 6 weeks to help with blood clots, will you have to wear them? :puppysmooze:
 
zauberflöte Hi I thought I would contact you on your own thread as we usually meet in mine or in other people's threads . You are doing the right thing having a nice holiday before your op in May for some R and R on the lovely Cape Cod and your date will soon come round I don't have to wear the elastic stockings which I am glad about but the down side is I have nightly injections of Clexane which I am not keen on I managed to waste one last night by pressing the plunger before I injected it and the fluid went flying across the bedroom I thought this would mean I would finish them a day earlier but when I told the Nurse she arranged a replacement I was flabbergasted to learn from Barbara that the course cost $1000 in the US yikes ! I see Littlegem has given you some good advice regarding pants/knickers/ trousers being comfortable is so important post op.I feel like a real scruff as constantly in jogging trousers Someone said that they felt like a extra in Shameless a while back I can identify with that The Brits on the site will know what I mean ! BUT comfort is the most important thing at the moment. Thank you for all your encouragement since I had my op
 
Littlejem Kim22 thanks for stopping by!
Janet, I don't even know what I'll do for clots after. I was sort of promised a pre-op packet to arrive week before last, but so far no show. Grrrr. Tight knee-highs cut off my circulation at the knee! Hope I don't have to deal with that kind of pain too LOL. I have some ancient knickers (there I said it without busting a gut laughing snicker....snerk...snorfle..hehe....bwaaaahahahahahahahaha well that wasn't too polite was it) that are very very soft, and loose elastic. My incision will be in front-- so I can pull them up without having to create a thong effect, ugh.
Kim, I like your little adventure with the syringe. There's a comedy skit in there somewhere. Oh! Yesterday being April Fool's Day here, the classical radio stations were playing funny music. PDQ Bach, Haydn Surprise Symphony, The Fool On The Hill (ok, not funny, but I love that song) and someone I've heard of but never heard-- Anna Russell. here she is on Youtube: There are tons more. Laugh yourself sick funny, which we all need today :)
 
All I have been taking is an aspirin a day for the clots. I did wear the compression socks while in the hospital.
 
zauberflöte More mall walking, although I feel like i'm doing more so I'm in a little more pain. Currently looking up recipes for nutella brownies. Don't they sound delicious?
 
smrt2run so I HAD to google nutella brownies and the first hit I chose was at Buns In My Oven (looks like a cooking blog yum)-- they look awesome, and I love me my nutella-- I can eat it straight out of the jar, never mind mediators like baguettes or anything...So when you make them,you have to let me try them?
Maybe you went too far too fast at the mall... don't get cocky there :) A little ice and rest and you will be all better! And a brownie of course...
Look at me, all editing that link up there so it's only one word! I'm proud!!!! :loll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom