Guest viewing is limited

THR Here we go again...Hip #2 Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @ilovefall Good update! Im sorry to hear that you feel a bit discouraged. Keep your chin up, have you considered taking tylenol at bedtime and during the day? I am in a stiff and achey stage, too. We drove ALOT! over the holidays and while it was a great family visit, the driving and sitting so much has set me back a bit. But, you know what? This is still so much better than that bone pain..
It's interesting to hear your experience of the anterior approach vs. the lateral approach. But, hey, you will have a wonderful time on your cruise! Until my long car trip I felt like the improvements were consistently noticeable with each passing week and you still have 3 + before you are on that ship. :console2:
 
(((@ilovefall))) Sending out good thoughts for you, friend. This is a really emotional journey. The ups and downs are undeniable and some of the downs are really low down.
I hope your cruise brings you a lot of joy and rest. Water is healing. I hope you can look out at the magnificent ocean and feel how amazing it is and that you too are amazing and worth the time and effort your recovery will take. You can do this. You have our support. Be well. :console2:
 
:)Hello BS Friends. I'm approaching my 6 month anniversary and for the most part, things are going well. Just a quick question for anyone out there. For the past week, I've been suffering from morning ache/pain/stiffness; as well as night time pain after long periods sleeping on the operated side. At this point, I never experienced this will my LTHR, so I wanted to see if this was normal. I also feel as though my range of motion and strength aren't where they should be at this point.

If anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! @Jaycey @sharonslp @Josephine
:thankyou:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ilovefall at 18 months out I still have aching and stiffness on my op side after sleeping on it for extended periods. Please don't worry. In my experience all this will ease with time. Don't forget - every THR is different. This one is just taking a bit more time to settle.
 
Hello, @ilovefall! :wave: It's so great to 'see' you again. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.
I am six months out from my first THR and I find it gets stiff when lying or sitting too long. Strength is coming along, but ROM is still very much a work in progress.
Take care, friend. :)
 
@Jaycey Thank you for your thoughts. I hate that I compare the two hips, but I guess it's just human nature. :tada:
I'm due for my six month check up on April 25th, so I'll keep everyone posted on what the doctor says.

I forgot to mention to that I also am dealing with a tendon issue in my non-operated foot (PTTD). So I've been walking in a boot on that foot. I'm sure this may be contributing to the new irritation on the operated hip, since that side is somewhat compensating.

@DeepBreath Thank you for your response too. I can totally relate to the stiffness, but the morning paid (when standing too long first thing) is most concerning. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted once I see my surgeon.

:thankyou:
 
Sending good thoughts your way, @ilovefall. It's easy to be concerned about the unknowns we encounter with these surgeries. I hope you get good, solid answers to your questions. :)
 
Hello BS Friends, Hoping someone can shed some light. I am 11 months out from my RTHR. I just had a horrific tooth infection. I was on antibiotics from the time the infection was discovered. The infection was pretty bad and my dentist increased my antibiotic (Clindamyacin) from 600 mg to 1200 mg a day. The tooth was pulled 10 days after the onset of problems (tooth pulled on September 7th). I've noticed (over the last week) that I have a lot of stiffness in my hip. No pain; just stiffness. I have the stiffness when lifting knee straight up. No pain or stiffness when standing or when rotating hip. I'm incredibly nervous that the infection has spread to my hip. Can someone PLEASE shed some light on this. I have a call into my doctor, but I'm going out of my mind with worry! Please help.
 
Thank your for your responses @Jaycey and @DeepBreath. Doctor's office said they highly doubt the infection traveled to my hip since I was on the medication as soon as I noticed a problem. They called in Mobic as an anti-inflammatory for the hip to see if that helps. I have an appointment next Wednesday to see the doc and get an x-ray. Interested to hear @Josephine's response and/or thoughts. Thanks!!
 
Hi, I had to have a root canal at 10 weeks post op. I can totally relate to your worry. I am almost 7 months post op now. I have days that feel really good, and others that feel really stiff. Much of the stiffness depends on what I've done, like overdoing it when I work out. Please know I will be praying for you. Wishing you well in your recovery:)


LTHR 2/22/2016
 
OK. So I'm not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me.....but now I feel like the stiffness is there all the time. It's also bothering when sitting and lifting the up and over (to put on my foot stool under my desk). My nerves are shot! Now I'm starting to get concerned that there is loosening or something. :(

I'd appreciate any input. Thank you!
 
I'm afraid I don't have any valuable input, but I am sending tons of positive vibes your way. I would be right in the same boat if this had happened to me...worrying about the possibility of infection.
Just try to keep in mind that infection happens in only 1%-4% per 100 hundred surgeries. We all have teeth and sometimes those boogers get infected. I don't think a tooth infection automatically means it will migrate to the implant. You have the comfort of knowing you got on antibiotics right away.
Chin up, @ilovefall. I hope you get some definite answers soon.
 
@ilovefall I am so sorry you are worrying! It's an awful feeling and we begin to feel a loss of control.. sigh
I think tomorrow is your vary, prayers for you that you receive reassuring news.

I agree that some days my hip can catch and hurt as if it's still the arthritic original. but then it passes and I forget about it. Can't recall if I've had constant stiffness and soreness.. Good luck tomorrow and I hope the visit helps solve the problem.
 
Now I'm more scared that something is loosening.
An infection in your tooth would not loosen your implant. I am not sure if Josephine is around but I'll tag @Jamie to see if she can address your fears about an infected tooth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom