THR Here we go again...Hip #2 Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @SEA but I had my surgery in October 2015! Just having some issues and my last reply was questions. But thank you for your kind words.
 
@ilovefall if you haven't done anything new and haven't had a fall I would get an x-ray. Can't hurt and if anything it will ease your mind.

Just a quick question, have you ever had sciatic pain or been diagnosed with lower back issues?
 
Hi @Jaycey! Thank you for your response!!

Yes, I'll wait to hear from my surgeon's office today as to if they want to get an xray. To answer your question, yes, I've had low back problems in the past (DDD, Herniated Discs, mild stenosis), but I've never had this shooting pain in the upper calf and knee area. When I saw my primary doc yesterday, he gave me a Methylprednisolone pack because he feels it's coming from my back. I not too sure what Sciatica would feel like. Although, I took all of the first day pills and I'm already feeling a little better. Although, I started feeling worse the more I walked (walking through parking lot to work). I had an injection in my back last May but haven't had very many problems since then. I wonder if the shot has worn off and the pain is going somewhere else now. UGH So frustrating.
 
@ilovefall it's good to ask questions on here! I am 6mths thereabout since my RTHR. Feel great and walking fine. Although had some aching in the hip joint when walking yesterday and again today. That's why I checked in on here. I think, I may have been walking too fast. Slowing down from now on, as if it hurts - stop!
 
@ilovefall I have a long history of lower back issues. DDD, stenosis, spondylolisthesis and sciatic issues. When I started having sciatica the pain was just as you describe - upper thigh the shot down and wrapped around the knee. Sometimes it felt like someone was trying to rip off my knee. It was always worse when walking.
I had an injection in my back last May but haven't had very many problems since then. I wonder if the shot has worn off and the pain is going somewhere else now.
My first spinal injection lasted about that long. I had 2 more that did nothing.

If your medication is working it does sound like it could be sciatica. I took NSAIDs for years because they worked. I would not recommend that route now - too many side effects.
 
@SEA sounds like you're doing great! Yes, take it slow and don't be in a rush. Slow and steady always wins the race! . Take care and good luck on your journey!!
 
@Jaycey my pain isn't in the thigh, it's in the upper CALF (towards the outside) makes my knee feel like it's going to pop or break. Weird. I do need both of knees replaced (at some point), but this knee is not the one that's the worse of the two.

Thank you for your thoughts!!! I'll keep you up to date.
 
Hi @ilovefall, It sounds to me like that pain would be coming from the knee, not the hip. I could be wrong, but that's my sense from your description. I just read your post again, and maybe I misunderstood. I'm sorry that you are having a hard time, and I hope you feel better. Please try not to worry. Hopefully it's not something serious. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom