Guest viewing is limited

THR Here I go again!

:wave: Hello and a Happy Sunday to you @julesglass
You sound like a busy bee. It’s good to read you‘re feeling better and engaging in activity you love and find fulfilling.
I hope the rest of your weekend is all you’re hoping for. :)
 
Hope everyone is doing good and healing well. Been a few years since I've been here. Everyone I come across going through joint issues I tell them to come here for info support and a lot of shoulders to lean on. I've been doing pretty good overall. Have had issues with my low back, however I can manage that. I had to change career. I started in local Goodwill about 4 weeks ago, lot different. More walking, bending, lifting stuff. By the last 2hrs of work I'm wanting to sit down, that's a no go. I was assigned to work the donation door this last Monday. This includes taking empty bin out to cars that people load with their donations and pushing it back in to sort what goes where and such. It also requires you to use a pallet jack to move 4'×4' boxes full of clothes, hard items and garbage. I felt I was doing good, tiring but getting it done. I was exhausted when I got home still no biggie just lower back hurt. Got into bed and went to move farther in to bed...... I cursed the "screwdriver" jabbed into my right hip. I hollered, Lucy (my dog) jumped out of bed to the couch. Been to my doc got the note to get me off door donation. Now they got me going through the workman's comp loops. Had 4 days scheduled off, tomorrow I'm scheduled to work. I don't see that happening because that "screwdriver" jabs me unexpectedly when I'm moving around. Doc said that pulling and pushing pallet jack has aggravated the arthritis in the pelvic bone with ceramic ball??? Trying to wrap my brain around this.....help.
 
Glad to see you back posting on the forum, Jules. but sorry to read about your pain.
I've never heard of arthritis in the acetabulum- where the prosthetic cup articulates- So I am like you , trying to digest this. I guess I assumed that the arthritic areas were all removed before they placed the prosthetic.
There are several tendons and ligaments in that area, my first thought was that you aggravated them, which can be painful. I wonder if that's what is going on? Does icing help?

I'll be honest, if I started a job where they had me doing what you just did, I'd be in pain, too. It sounds like a lot there was a lot of bending, lifting and pushing, which can irritate the hips and low back.
Good luck tomorrow..I think you are right about that being too difficult for now.

@julesglass
 
Sad to hear you're hurting from work. Usually when I get pains from over working it's all tissue pain, the sharp pains left with the old joint. You'll have to get more info on the arthritis with the ceramic ball. Did you have a total hip replacement or a hip resurfacing? With a THR you'd think the ball was in the cup section of the implant that is attached to your pelvis and no where near bone.
 
Thanks Crickethip and Eman. I'm thinking it's soft tissue not bone. Gonna see workman's comp doc Friday. I can't work....tge severe pain just comes on dull ache is always there. I thank God for the forum cause you all get it.
 
Hello @julesglass
Welcome back! It is nice to hear from you, but I'm sorry its due to pain.
I hope you gain a better understanding of your surgeon's explanation and then find a remedy bringing you relief.

Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.

If you'd like your thread title changed to reflect your current issue, please notify us and we'll edit accordingly.
Best of luck with your doctor appointment on Friday. Let us know how it goes.
 
@julesglass .... so sorry to hear you've developed this pain. It obviously is work related, so it may mean some changes for you again down the road. It's not work jeopardizing your health by attempting such a physical job. I do hope your employer understands this and perhaps they can offer some modifications to your work that would help. Be sure and ask lots of questions of the Workman's Comp people you work with so you understand how that program will work for you. It's usually geared more toward benefiting the employer, so it pays to get as much information as possible to see how things will be handled.
 
Doc said that pulling and pushing pallet jack has aggravated the arthritis in the pelvic bone with ceramic ball???
Did they replace the ball of your hip but not the socket when you were injured?
 
I had right hip replaced in 2016 I believe and yes socket got fitted with an insert. This was my regular MD I saw Monday. I'm going through prodcall. I have no insurance at this time.i don't look for much on Friday. That's for merging old threads Pumpkin.
 
Morning everybody. Taking my time getting ready for work. I would walk Lucy be for I go...not happening today. It might set it off and I need to go to work if nothing else to show what happens. It's a beautiful autumn morning even with neighbors dogs going crazy, think it's the postman coming around. Oldest son Bill and daughter Sarah coming into town tomorrow night. It'll be a "help Mom" visit along with just hanging out and having a good time. Doc gave prednisone to take for 2 weeks along with icing a lot. Have a good day everyone. Remember slow and steady we get there. It is what it is till it isn't.
 
I made it through a day at work! Had me tagging clothes, I was surprised I made it. Now let's see what happens as I rest in my recliner. Talk later.
 
Wonderful news! I bet you are relieved, glad they gave you a more manageable job today.
Resting in the recliner sounds like a very good idea. :thumb:
 
Oh yeah I gotta go see workman's comp doc tomorrow morning. If they poke around too much that's could keep me from work in the afternoon. I hope not I really like working there good people and always busy.
 
Occupational med sent me for x-ray on right hip, it's okay! Just gotta see how things go. I want pallet jack off my schedule forever cause I believe that was the bad boy in this. Waiting for my kids to get here. Haven't seen this 2 kids since spring. You all have a great weekend. Remember slow and steady gets us where we want to be.
 
Glad to hear your hip is fine. Hope the pallet jack is off your schedule.
Enjoy your time with your kids.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom