Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Here I go again!

Fiona444

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey Jules! Sounds like all is good in your world. I am happy for you. Happy Hippiversary for you for tomorrow!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
:hi: Happy weekend, Jules.
I hope you've had a good week and all feels well in your world.
Wishing you a peaceful Sunday!
@julesglass

Calgal

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Happy hipaversary @julesglass! You're doing great for 4 months! Housework can wait. Enjoy life pain free. Ps I'm still stutter stepping after sitting for any length of time at 6 months, so don't beat yourself up. Swanning up gracefully from a chair will come to us all eventually (I hope!) :thumb:

OP
OP
julesglass

julesglass

graduate
Country
Morning everyone! I've been doing great at work, I'm able to get in 8+ hrs mon through thurs and have a short day on fri. The only thing I contend with is lower back pain now and that is fine. I had always had a long walk stride like my Dad and I have that back! I don't have to have others turn my windows over so to solder back side while I stand by, I can have one person help me turn my windows over now, it's awesome. I'm slowly getting more done at home and sleeping better. After we had snow on Halloween I decided to postpone Lucy's surgery till spring. It's great, no hip, knee or leg pain at all! Tylenol when I need it not every day, love it. I am home today due to a fall I took last night. I was carrying a bag of meats and a couple of awkward containers and got off balance stepping up on the deck. Fell on my bum then on my back, "bummer" fall. One of the containers had spaghetti from friends house and it spilled everywhere. Lucy had a great spaghetti breakfast this morning. My bum is sore and I grunt getting up so I decide not to go to work today. Don't want to push it when I can just have an extra day to take it easy, wisdom comes with experience. Anyway, I'm doing great 4 months out and looking forward to whatever comes. You all take care, it gets better without thinking about it! I've got my smile on going out doing Saturday errands today, even if my bum hurts. Keep on keeping on, it's all good even when it's not!

Barbaraj

supremo
Country
Sorry to read about your tumble, @julesglass, but betting you'll be feeling better shortly--you seem to be doing so well in this recovery, what with a full return to work plus managing the home front. I hope you have good plans for the upcoming holiday which don't involve a ton of work for you. Rest up and feel better soon!

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
You sound like you're doing well except for the fall. Hopefully resting at home today will do the trick and you'll be back up and moving around tomorrow. Wishing you and Lucy a Happy Thanksgiving!

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:hi:
Lovely update, Jules. You're doing great at four months post op.
Loved the story about Lucy and the spaghetti. I envision her out on the deck hastily lapping it up before she was called off the whole mess. :heehee:

I hope you're feeling better today after your fall on Thursday. Enjoy your Saturday errands and keep smiling!
@julesglass

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
So Miss Lucy snagged the spaghetti? Are you sure she didn't trip you for that reason?? :rotfl:
Seriously though, sorry you had that fall down. Scary!

You sound great, regardless and I am hoping you weren't as sore as you feared after the first day or so.
Time is marching right along,, sometimes it felt like our recoveries were dragging but now, looking back? (t went past to quickly.
Glad to find your post.. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: Glad to see your post but...
So sorry to read of the Great Spaghetti Debacle.
Very glad you weren't badly hurt.
Hope you have a nice Sunday, friend.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Traciemon
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom