THR Here I go again!

Hey Jules! Sounds like all is good in your world. I am happy for you. Happy Hippiversary for you for tomorrow!
 
:hi: Happy weekend, Jules.
I hope you've had a good week and all feels well in your world.
Wishing you a peaceful Sunday!
@julesglass
 
Happy hipaversary @julesglass! You're doing great for 4 months! Housework can wait. Enjoy life pain free. Ps I'm still stutter stepping after sitting for any length of time at 6 months, so don't beat yourself up. Swanning up gracefully from a chair will come to us all eventually (I hope!) :thumb:
 
Morning everyone! I've been doing great at work, I'm able to get in 8+ hrs mon through thurs and have a short day on fri. The only thing I contend with is lower back pain now and that is fine. I had always had a long walk stride like my Dad and I have that back! I don't have to have others turn my windows over so to solder back side while I stand by, I can have one person help me turn my windows over now, it's awesome. I'm slowly getting more done at home and sleeping better. After we had snow on Halloween I decided to postpone Lucy's surgery till spring. It's great, no hip, knee or leg pain at all! Tylenol when I need it not every day, love it. I am home today due to a fall I took last night. I was carrying a bag of meats and a couple of awkward containers and got off balance stepping up on the deck. Fell on my bum then on my back, "bummer" fall. One of the containers had spaghetti from friends house and it spilled everywhere. Lucy had a great spaghetti breakfast this morning. My bum is sore and I grunt getting up so I decide not to go to work today. Don't want to push it when I can just have an extra day to take it easy, wisdom comes with experience. Anyway, I'm doing great 4 months out and looking forward to whatever comes. You all take care, it gets better without thinking about it! I've got my smile on going out doing Saturday errands today, even if my bum hurts. Keep on keeping on, it's all good even when it's not!
 
Sorry to read about your tumble, @julesglass, but betting you'll be feeling better shortly--you seem to be doing so well in this recovery, what with a full return to work plus managing the home front. I hope you have good plans for the upcoming holiday which don't involve a ton of work for you. Rest up and feel better soon!
 
You sound great - normal life. Wonderful.
 
You sound like you're doing well except for the fall. Hopefully resting at home today will do the trick and you'll be back up and moving around tomorrow. Wishing you and Lucy a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
:hi:
Lovely update, Jules. You're doing great at four months post op.
Loved the story about Lucy and the spaghetti. I envision her out on the deck hastily lapping it up before she was called off the whole mess. :heehee:

I hope you're feeling better today after your fall on Thursday. Enjoy your Saturday errands and keep smiling!
@julesglass
 
So Miss Lucy snagged the spaghetti? Are you sure she didn't trip you for that reason?? :rotfl:
Seriously though, sorry you had that fall down. Scary!

You sound great, regardless and I am hoping you weren't as sore as you feared after the first day or so.
Time is marching right along,, sometimes it felt like our recoveries were dragging but now, looking back? (t went past to quickly.
Glad to find your post.. Have a great Thanksgiving!
 
:wave: Glad to see your post but...
So sorry to read of the Great Spaghetti Debacle.
Very glad you weren't badly hurt.
Hope you have a nice Sunday, friend.
 
Greetings fellow hippies. Stopped by to say hello and let you all know I'm doing good with my new hips. Only contend with the back and left elbow. I can mow my lawn and take Lucy out more. :walking: I am also here because I have been in a slump with my depression. Can't do a in person visit with doctor or counselor right now which I don't like. Anyway, I wondered if anyone knew of a forum that is as helpful as this community. I went to one and I guess I'm spoiled because of this awesome community. I'll get an appointment to speak to my doc tomorrow, however thought maybe I'd check out a group out there also. Take care everybody.
 
@julesglass Thanks for stopping by! Glad you are enjoying your new hips.
I am also here because I have been in a slump with my depression.
So sorry you are feeling down. To be honest I think we are all feeling pretty low with this virus chaos. Life isn't very fun these days.

We do have a new forum devoted to all things CV-19 (top left of every page next to the Help forum). Feel free to start a thread in the coping section.

In our community we started a Facebook group to discuss coping strategies and allow people who need assistance with anything to reach out to others. It has been very successful as those in need are getting help from others who just want to do something positive. We even go as far as sharing food (i.e. anyone have a cup of flour).

Then there is the Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation community. If you put Healthunlocked.com into any search engine you will find a group of health based forums. The Positive Wellbeing group started when we went into lock down here in the UK. The forum is UK based but we have members from all over the world.

Take care of yourself! And hang in there. We are all caught on this rough ride.
 
Thanks @Jaycey . Only thing that's changed in my surrounding area is people with masks. My employer didn't shut down because we are all well over 6ft apart. So my normal routine hasn't changed. I've dealt with depression most of my life, however it's taken over more now. I'll check out the coping site.
 
@julesglass , I am sorry you are dealing with depression at a time when it is not possible to get face to face help. I am glad that you are contacting your doctor and also reaching out to find support. It is so good to hear that you are able to take Lucy out more and enjoy the walks. I hope you enjoy mowing lawn also, I do. I would rather mow lawn than clean the house any day. Take care of yourself and your new hips.
 
Hugs :console2: jules...It was nice to see your post. I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch emotionally. We’re navigating strange and unfamiliar times and hopefully as things begin to return to normal it will help ease your depression. We’re here for you if you need us.
I hope your holiday weekend is all you want it to be! :SUNsmile:
@julesglass
 
Hi @julesglass It's so nice to see you on here... but not so nice to hear that you are struggling a bit with depression.. I've had a difficult spring and it's no fun, for sure.
I also like healthunlocked.
It was very helpful for us a couple years ago when my husband began having his health issues. I thought they were a very user friendly forum and I hope you think so, too.

You are fast approaching your year anniversary for your left hip.. glad to read that it is behaving quite well for you!

Take care and please consider starting a thread in the Covid section.. would love to see you on the forum again. But only if that works for you. :friends:
 
Evening, went over to folk's house, Dad's birthday. Going to see doc tomorrow. The doc lives in New York so it's Skype. Better than a phone call. Better today after a good cry last night. I love mowing, so much better than cleaning anything inside! I'll check out the covid link. Gotta sleep, later.
 
Glad to hear that you will be touching base with your doctor. The remote visits are quite interesting and not bad at all. I had one with my PC and it was a good check.
 
Hello fellow hippies. Been working in the yard all day. Trees to trim, mowing and picking rhubarb. Found a nest of bunnies in the yard, mowed around them. Gotta put up my flags up tomorrow, can't find my hammer to put up light pole though. If I buy another I know I'll find it, that's how that works. I hope everyone is having a good weekend with family. Talked to doc and we're upping my meds. I get really down certain times of year so going to work through some stuff to get ahead of it. Keep that smile going, make them wonder what you know. Life is good!
 
Nothing like yard work to feel in tune with nature. We did a lot of tree trimming and branch picking up the last month as with the heavy winds and many trees it was a mess. Now mowing is easier and no branches are attacking my head. How neat to find a nest of bunnies. We have bunnies around but luckily they have not nested where I mow. My husband has a trail cam set up near my bird feeders and we have raccoons that come by on a schedule to pick thru the droppings. It is great to see them on the video the camera takes. We have one out back near a creek and he gets pictures of more raccoons but also coyotes, deer of course and foxes and a stray cat or two.

Glad to hear you spoke with your doctor and of course there is nothing like a smile to confound some people.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom