TKR Here I am with my new left knee

Just read your thread. Sorry to hear about your setback. Hope that things get back on track for you. Setbacks can occur at anytime. I'm 6 weeks out and was doing really well but have increased swelling today which has stopped me exercising or doing very much apart from icing and elevating. This recovery has its challenges, for sure! I had to stop taking anti inflammatories after 10 days because they played havoc with my stomach. Keep positive and know there are people here who understand.
 
Just seen your post on Braunzie's thread - we share a birthday! I'm hoping to be able to go out too.
 
@Deeann, Thanx. A little sore after PT, couple walks around the house, and 2 hrs. in the CPM. That's the most I've done in a week. Still happy. I told the wife she didn't have to cook today, so we're going to go for a drive and see what looks good. Gotta get out of the house !
 
@Raffs, a Fellow Leo huh ? Since we are on the cusp, I pick which horoscope I like. Virgo applies more often.
This rehab is hard for us "in control" Leos ! Thanx for the positive thoughts.
 
Yep, on the cusp but I'm much more a Leo. "In control" doesn't come close.....not helpful during this recovery!
 
Hi cpd599 sounds like you are doing great keep up the good work . speaking of birthdays my 60 is coming up in September wooohooo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
@cpd599 How are you doing today?. Sounds like PT went great. I couldn't wait to get out of the house even if was just to the corner. I don't know about anti inflammatory meds. I am allergic to aspirin so I have to stick with Tylenol
 
Doing good today, thanx. Yes PT was good, she is happy with where I'm at, considering. I enjoyed getting out, but the car is not a comfortable position. Couple stops and dinner to go was about 45 minutes. Was very happy to get home and elevate ! I started feeling a new pain yesterday at PT and while in CPM. I get pain across middle of my knee/knee cap when I flex. Once I flex thru a certain position its ok. PT says its normal at this stage to feel different things.
 
Took me weeks to be comfortable in the car and even now can only go fairly short distances. If we're travelling further then I sit along the back seat with my leg stretched out and my cryo cuff in place. I've had all sorts of pains that come and go. Probably nothing to worry about unless the pain gets worse or doesn't go. I get a tightness when I flex that goes once I've flexed once or twice. My surgery was all about the knee cap though so I kind of expect that this is where I would feel it. Good that you had dinner out - rehearsal for your birthday dinner in 9 days!!
 
I hear ya on the different pains. Seems there's a new one every day ! No. Not a rehearsal because we picked up and ate at home. B-day will be a challenge. Hoping to enjoy a beer (ok...maybe two) and some pizza. But last night may have been a baby step ! LOL
What do you have planned youngster ?
 
Yep, you'll find the pains come and go. Definitely look as last night as a baby step, I would have struggled to go out to pick up takeout food at 3 weeks out. Youngster???!!! :rotfl: Oh, it's been quite a while since I've felt anything but geriatric but I appreciate the shout out. Think hubby has booked a fancy restaurant, here's hoping the knee cooperates on the day.
 
Good Morning All. Heading to the Dr. for a follow up to the attempted aspirating from Monday. I think everything is on track again (for now), with PT and swelling. I think he'll see it that way. My PT and Nurse both told me this week that my knee looks good and better than others they've seen at this stage. Here's to a GOOD Day !!
 
@cpd599. So glad PT went well. I see my OS on Tuesday. Hopefully I can show him I am ready for my right knee. Please keep me posted. :wave:
 
@Pescara, If that's what you want, good luck. I can't even think about the other one yet.

Dr. said as long as PT is going well, not gonna worry about the swelling right now. So, I'm just gonna keep doin the routine and hope for the best ! PT at 4:00
 
@cpd599 . You are doing fantastic. Every now and then I still have a spot where the swelling won't go down and my knee is discolored. I have a feeling the swelling is water. It's happened before. My GP wanted to drain it but I am going to ask my OS about it. Sit back, relax,rest and ice. Enjoy the weekend:yes!:
 
Happy Sunday ! I am loving these weekends, having my wife home for two days. Normally I work most weekends, and I work midnights. I would love to be well enough to go back to work though.
Feel good today, despite my activities yesterday. I went with my wife to take the dog to the vet. About a 30 minute car ride, an hour wait (sitting fairly comfortable) at the vet's office, and then about 20 minutes for the exam, and 30 min. home. Although I was tired and had discomfort, it wasn't terrible. The whole time I'm thinking, "I hope I didn't over do it". When I got home I iced and elevated right away. There was no new swelling in or below the knee. After a couple hours, I did a few exercises and 2 hours in the CPM. Then just sat around with my leg up for the rest of the day. That's enough, Right ? NO. My neighbors were having a few people over for some quality patio time, and insisted we come. SO....we went to visit for an hour or so. They had a comfortable chair set up for me, with a stool and pillow. It was very nice.
So far so good today ! Still at the coffee stage now though. I will be doing my exercises and CPM soon. We'll see how it goes !
 
Good Monday morning. Had a rough night of sleep. Just couldn't get comfortable. The thing is, it's not really my knee, it's my hip, my back, and now my ankle. Has anybody experienced ankle pain ? PT is coming soon. I will discuss it with her.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom