Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

So good to read that your surgery went well @Scheherazade . You had your surgery same day as I did and you were out of bed much quicker than me. Hope you are able to keep on top of the pain and you jave a smooth recovery.
 
I'm home. Doing my exercises and walking up and down the hallway. And resting, icing, elevating and taking my meds, the BoneSmart way! exhausted and somewhat nauseas from the pain, but overall, way, way better than I had feared.:yahoo:
 
Do try to get, and keep, on top of that pain!
You don't need to do a lot of exercise, so you could possibly cut that back a bit. Just walk around the house a bit and do a few heel slides - Heel slides and how to do them
 
I'm home. Doing my exercises and walking up and down the hallway. And resting, icing, elevating and taking my meds, the BoneSmart way! exhausted and somewhat nauseas from the pain, but overall, way, way better than I had feared.:yahoo:
Do happy walk!..lol
 
I asked the nurse at what point they would let me get up and use my bedside commode on my own, and was told the PT could okay it. And she did. Made things a little bit better.
The hospital I will be going to has a new policy, no one gets out of bed without help. In fact the bed and chair are alarmed!!!!!
 
@Scheherazade
So glad i found your posting. I finally felt up to reading last night. I am i rehab and sort of wish i was heading home, but want to be more indep with out of bed ans off toilet.

I will be back soon. PT due in 10 min
 
I am progressing amazingly well. Took my first shower today - that felt great. It's getting easier (not easy, but definitely possible and easier) to get out of bed myself. I've figured out the balancing issue, unless I'm just too pooped. I will be removing my bandages tonight - will post my beauty shots in our thread tomorrow. Slept 6 straight hours last night and woke up because I had to go to the bathroom, not because of pain. so far, so good.​
 
Hello friends!! I've been remiss in posting, but that's mostly because my recovery has been so phenomenal that I started working again just 5 days after surgery and am busy, busy, busy. Of course, my work is totally non-physical, but it is still amazing.

My PT was last here on Thursday, so one week after surgery, my ROM was 90 on rt side and 88 on left. PT thinks I may be able to dispense with the walker later this week. I am stunned by how little intense pain I've had. And I think that's in large part because of my BoneSmart buddies' info. Also, I must have had a good surgeon and I am very strong. So very lucky, all the way around.

Eleven days out and I am down to 3 - 6 pain pills/day. I've been sleeping through the night since my second night after surgery. Go team!!
 
That is fabulous! So happy for you that your recovery is going so well. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!
 
So happy for you! It is so nice to hear of such an amazing and speedy recovery.
You GO girl!
 
And my #s are great also. BoneSmart shares in my excellent recovery. Plus, I know I am blessed with superstrong bones and healing ability (and very high threshold for pain - and I know not to take credit for that, it just is.)
 
Scheherazade, you are amazing. You're working already! I'm very impressed that you have the energy to do that already. You got this :dancy:
 
Glad to hear you're healing so quickly and easily. Another Feisty over the wall successfully.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just past the two week post-surgery mark and still so grateful for all the fantastic advice and support from this forum. I've walked around outside. A few times already. Definitely easier with my walker than my cane out there in the scary world.

I also initially agreed to go to an event and cover an international figure (I'm a journalist) but changed my mind the day of - too scary, too many stairs, no way were my physical needs going to be accommodated - so I just didn't do it. Glad to know I can recognize my limits, that's a good thing also.

My knees get stiff too quickly for my taste, but I know that is just impatience. I am still taking 3-5 pain pills/day.

Still sleeping through the night and occasionally taking a nap during the day.

I've begun helping with dinner again and feeding the cats - all the large animals are still on husband's task list. But slowly, slowly making it back to someone who is not just 100% only able to do recovery all day/night long.
 
You are doing very well. Keep on doing exactly what you are doing - it is obviously working!
 
What a wonderful progress report! And working?! I can't even concentrate on the novel I've been trying to read since surgery. I think I'm about 6 pages in...
 
I don't have an exercycle at home, but I do have an elliptical machine. Is that safe to use post knee replacement surgery? My surgery was 3 weeks ago and my ROM is 100+ in both knees.

Thanks!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom