Sharing personal information is okay to a point, but lengthy off topic posts are time consuming to read and there is the chance that a problem or issue mentioned is lost, or not addressed, due to being surrounded by fluff.
Yes, I have been guilty of clocking extreme readings on the Fluff Meter too many times, especially shortly after surgery, when
@1stSurgery and I were in hysterics, riffing about various stuff at the back of the classroom, and disrupting the Main Event. My tendency to colour-outside-the-lines continues, but I am improving. I also go to my online writing group now before I visit this forum, so I can express myself freely there, and ratchet it back here.
I may still be guilty of going overboard with the dance posts, what with literally fleshing out (or in) the characters involved--such as "Neanderthal Man" and "BirdMan". But I rationalise that by telling myself that dancing THR hippies will be interested in the nuances, such as when, post-surgery, I could resume 8-count rock step, and how the strength of the lead can impact one's dancing (and believe me it does).
Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The Social Room is a wonderful outlet to engage with others and veer off the topic of hips, hip issues and Recovery. Many opportunities to express personal creativity and share in the creativity of others.
Yes, I have been taking concentrated Fluff to the Poetry Corner in the Social Room. Even there I have had to learn the boundaries (no politics, etc) so I keep it Extra Fluffy, with odes to cheese and potatoes, etc. I don't want to decamp from the forums entirely, as I will have hip #2 coming up. Sad to say, the signs are there.