TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

I'm sorry you had an "incident" but oh my gosh, your poem is awesome!!! Was this yesterday? I hope you can rest and ice today....... :sad:
 
You may have fallen @hawk2go but you still have a terrific sense of humor. So sorry for your accident; rest and heal!
 
This "incident" happened late last week and scared the dickens out of me. I slammed the right leg so hard, successfully trying to prevent a fall, that I kinda jammed the whole leg. The pain and swelling have eased enough today that, with the fear that I had gravely damaged something behind me, I can write about it to preserve in my thread. I'm taking it easy now - ice, pain patches, no exercise. I think in a few days, I'll be back at it.
 
This "incident" happened late last week and scared the dickens out of me. I slammed the right leg so hard, successfully trying to prevent a fall, that I kinda jammed the whole leg. The pain and swelling have eased enough today that, with the fear that I had gravely damaged something behind me, I can write about it to preserve in my thread. I'm taking it easy now - ice, pain patches, no exercise. I think in a few days, I'll be back at it.
Sorry to hear of your mishap, @hawk2go . Hopefully all is/will be well with your leg. Are there any visible bruising? Did your knee take the brunt of the fall?

Best of luck on recovering from this incident!
 
Hopefully all is/will be well with your leg. Are there any visible bruising? Did your knee take the brunt of the fall?
Thanks @glidefloss. I did not actually fall, just pounded the heck out of the recovering leg trying to make sure I stayed upright. If you've ever jammed your finger while reaching for something and you misjudged the distance, like that. Too much force for the distance and less weight than I anticipated in the lift. As it happens, I have a plate and screws in the right ankle from a fall in 2015, so the force hurt the whole leg - the fully recovered ankle and the still recovering knee. Once the knee pain calmed down a bit, The Ankle decided to complain. It was all swollen and sore but it's all getting better with rest, ice and pain management. I was this close to getting on the bike today but decided a few more days will help (and definitely won't hurt). My ROM is there and won't go back in a week. I'll try again on Friday.
 
Awww, I just happened to catch the last few posts here,, so sorry you had a misstep! Glad you are beginning to feel better.. glad you opted to wait on the bike ride!!
 
@hawk2go Oh no! My greatest fear is slamming my leg! I also have a plate & screws in my right ankle; it is very sensitive to trauma of any kind and likes to swell up.

So glad to read that no serious damage was done and that you are recovering.

Sending hugs :hugzz:
 
Oh, no, @hawk2go!! But, if you didn't know it, you're a poet!

I sure hope you recover fast! I really dislike that kind of hard, marble stairway, too... just so potentially hazardous...

But, seriously, you are a GOOD poet!!
 
I agree with your poet status! I had to read it to my husband, & we both got a big chuckle for our day ☺️. But, I’m So sorry that you fell! I agree with @BBCG on those stairs. The building on Two of my Specialist Drs have similar type stairs, which always baffles me! ( we take the elevator). Since my cleanout surgery in particular, I find I have devised in my mind a plan for falling, to protect my knee and, my face. I fractured a tooth root several years back that resulted in an implant ( while walking our grandson, of all things!). It sounds like you took quite a tumble. I sure hope you are recovering well. Bruises are just so very tender. I’m so glad you didn’t seem to do any lasting damage. Do take care, and be kind to yourself. You always give the rest of us such wise advice, so now it’s time for us to wish you comfort & a timely recovery. Take care, Hawkie.
 
I had a good 6 month checkup. :yes!:

My OS gauged The Knee at 0-120 with his built-in goniometer. He also assessed the pain I've been feeling since jamming my right leg and determined it is likely a strain (which I absolutely hear as "I don't know the diagnosis, wait and see how it feels over time"). I'm just glad the pain is not an indication of damage to the prosthetic but the injury does require a more extensive recovery (weeks vs. days) than I anticipated. I'll see my OS in 6 months unless a new concern comes up.

I've been hampered by the injury and have eased way back on my exercise and recovery routines. I actually returned to my early post surgery regimen with the very basic "exercises", even walking a lot less. I'm grateful that excruciating pain with certain lateral movements has eased over time. At the same time, I'm frustrated that I am back here at 6 months. There is a lesson here for me and it is very likely "don't go crazy, you're only halfway through this thing" or as @Catalien45 quotes my advice to her "slow and steady".
 
I pray your knee settles down. What a pain to be doing so well and then something like this happens. You know the routine. Take it slow and baby that poor knee.
 
Hey, @hawk2go, I hope your knee is much better! Just so you know we are in full support, I went and broke my ankle! Wrote a fun fan letter, though, to the Duluth pants folks, because my pants pocket didn't rip, my ligaments didn't rip, only my ankle let go! Tore the drawer pull off the drawer I caught on my way past the desk, though! In my case, there were no slippery steps, just clumsy oaf me!

Is your knee feeling any better by now? I do hope so!
 
Just so you know we are in full support, I went and broke my ankle!
I love the commitment @BBCG, but let's skip this type of support next time. :heehee:

I really hope its a tiny break with an uneventful recovery. Slow and steady. I'll definitely have to look more closely at those Duluth clothes. The commercials are a hoot.
 
So sorry about your ankle, Barbara! :sad:

I miss "seeing" my surgery buddy (Hawkie) around the forum. :friends: Glad your knee is slowly improving.
 
Hey, @hawk2go, I hope your knee is much better! Just so you know we are in full support, I went and broke my ankle! Wrote a fun fan letter, though, to the Duluth pants folks, because my pants pocket didn't rip, my ligaments didn't rip, only my ankle let go! Tore the drawer pull off the drawer I caught on my way past the desk, though! In my case, there were no slippery steps, just clumsy oaf me!

Is your knee feeling any better by now? I do hope so!
Hi @BBCG , hopefully you recover from the broken ankle quickly and that it doesn't make getting around much worse. I'll have to pay more attention too to what I wear and the potential for part(s) of it catching in places they shouldn't!

All the best on your recoveries/rehab!
 
Thanks, all... Yes, the ankle has a boot to hold it steady and that really slows me down! I'm hoping @hawk2go's knee is much better by now, too!
 
Well, I decided to join the club @hawk2go and @BBCG by tripping (over my own feet) and falling at the bank today. Made quite a scene -- 4 people came running from behind the teller counter to help.

Of course, I fell on my right leg (which has had all the surgeries....). Going to take it easy for the rest of the weekend to be sure nothing swells up. :praying:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom