Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us do things...or get caught up in things we won't be able to do after surgery. I got a haircut days before my surgery. I gave myself a manicure. Organized my drawers so I had my shorts, nightgowns, under things, etc. ready to reach easily. I even colored my hair! They were all things I could check off my list. Helped pass time.

I too have other medical issues to deal with. And it did make me more afraid. I even saw a hematologist/oncologist so I could have my questions answered. And he contacted my os. All this helped.
I was still afraid but not terrified to the point of refusal, as before. Was I more afraid than you or others? No one can say so I don't judge one way or the other. We are all afraid for many reasons.

I hope your surgery goes very well and I can talk to you "on the other side"!!
 
Oh dear its getting down to the wire, in 5 more days all I will think about is :badspidy:and then in my head will be thinking don't forget to :ice:, :chillpill: and lots of water :beer: and lots of :sleep::alarm:and that will make me a happy girl :egypdance:
 
Hi @madinana I have been reading your posts and can see how anxious you are. Having RA in addition to your knee pain must be so frustrating at times. No wonder you are nervous!!!! My son was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in the fall and I see how he suffers when he has flair ups and he's only 28. So I can only imagine having to deal with both.
Good luck on Wednesday and I'll be praying that you have a good recovery. I don't have mine done until September, and with already having one done, I know what to expect. I wish I was getting it done sooner!
 
@madinana don't forget the:elevate: and the stool softener or prune juice.:sick: You will do fine, you are prepared and determined.:yahoo:Sooooooo, stop thinking about it and try to relax!
 
I don't know about you, but I need a few more days to get ready. My knee has been so painful the last few weeks that I haven't been able to accomplish everything I wanted to before my surgery:sad:
 
@madinana I've been following your posts and just wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and sending good thoughts your way! Just think - in a few days it will be over with and you will be on your way to the next part of your life, with a brand new knee!
 
@madinana Wishing you all the best for 9July and will be looking out for your post-surgery posts when you are able. I'm about one week after you for my TKR on 17 July.
Best wishes from Ireland
 
@marmora :thankyou: I am all ready for the big day. I am all packed and everything ready to go. It will be the beginning of a new journey. @tiredwife has been a total God send with all the tips The people in this forum have been so friendly, helpful all I can say is :thankyou: and God Bless
 
@madinana Awwww you are going to make me blush!:blush: I'm just paying it forward, this forum really helped us to get prepared for hubby's surgery.
 
@madinana Good Morning to you!!!! Have a great day. I watch the grandson today, so I won't be on here in the afternoon.
 
:sad: @tiredwife you have an awesome day and Good morning to you!!!! I am just surfing then have a few last minute things to do See ya tonight
 
@madinana you will have to teach your daughter in law how to get on this site to let us know how you are doing if you aren't taking your computer to the hospital.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom