Vida
post-grad
@patriciad @Catalien45
Thanks so much. A year ago, with my tkr in mind, I bought an adjustable tempur-pedic bed. Shortly afterwards I fell while playing with my grandson and fractured a vertebra. After that I found the new bed, even with a medium mattress, really hard on my back. So I invested $250 in a 2in Bloom cool topper. Princess that I am, I found that way too soft. Five months after the fall I had cement injected into the fractured vertebra, which resolved 75 percent of my pain. Since the knee surgery I have been sleeping downstairs in a spare room next to the kitchen. We have a really old house with narrow stairs and this has made it much easier for my husband to schlepp ice around. So I am temporarily sleeping on a regular mattress.
Your responses reminded me about the topper I shoved away in a cupboard. Will try that tonight. There has been a positive note to this story: my remaining back pain has totally disappeared, likely thanks to all the enforced rest post tkr. Last night I wore an elastic compression sleeve to bed and took two of my last few tramadol. I was sure I would wake up to remove the sleeve if it felt too tight but I slept right through, with no ill effects. What a wild ride.
Thanks so much. A year ago, with my tkr in mind, I bought an adjustable tempur-pedic bed. Shortly afterwards I fell while playing with my grandson and fractured a vertebra. After that I found the new bed, even with a medium mattress, really hard on my back. So I invested $250 in a 2in Bloom cool topper. Princess that I am, I found that way too soft. Five months after the fall I had cement injected into the fractured vertebra, which resolved 75 percent of my pain. Since the knee surgery I have been sleeping downstairs in a spare room next to the kitchen. We have a really old house with narrow stairs and this has made it much easier for my husband to schlepp ice around. So I am temporarily sleeping on a regular mattress.
Your responses reminded me about the topper I shoved away in a cupboard. Will try that tonight. There has been a positive note to this story: my remaining back pain has totally disappeared, likely thanks to all the enforced rest post tkr. Last night I wore an elastic compression sleeve to bed and took two of my last few tramadol. I was sure I would wake up to remove the sleeve if it felt too tight but I slept right through, with no ill effects. What a wild ride.
Canada

