Guest viewing is limited

TKR Has anyone had a nerve ablation post tkr?

Vida, wondering how the April 10 procedure went for you? I am also considering this.
 
Hi. I would say it achieved a 75 percent improvement, which definitely made it worthwhile. It wasn’t a pleasant experience so, if you do it, don’t try and be brave, make sure they load you up with local anesthetic. It took a few weeks to fully kick in and some of the nerve pain is starting to sneak back. But overall I would say I’ve had a decent last 4 months.
 
@Vida thank you for the update! Good to know it's been helpful.
 
I'm glad that you received some relief, that's great.

I have had it post tkr and sadly it didn't help me. On the other hand, I've known several other's whom have had good results. Each of us is different and our bodies react differently. I would ask your surgeon questions and then decide if the ablation is the route you want to go. Please don't let us sway you one way or another. If it works, its wonderful, if it doesn't work you know you tried.
 
I think ablation might be a little different from cryoneurolysis, which involves injecting ice into nerves to freeze them, rather than using radio frequency. Killing the nerves is the goal in both cases but they usually grow back and cause the same problems. I am now starting to feel the creep. Sadly in my case the procedure didn’t get everything: the exterior part of my knee has stayed painful. But I have been able to do much more. Am also working with a physio who takes the ‘thoracic ring’ approach that targets and straightens whole body. It’s helping.
 
Hi Vida!
Nice to see your smiling face and great to read you're doing well. I hope the "creep" as you described it halts. :fingersx:
Thanks for stopping by with an update.
I hope you have a nice weekend and enjoy the remainder of Summer! :SUNsmile:
@Vida
 
So I am still struggling with chronic pain at a 5/6 level, 3 years post tkr surgery. Am currently trying shock wave therapy. Think this will be a last ditch effort… have tried everything from acupuncture to cryoneurolysis. I did manage a two week trip to Spain with assistance at major airports, which was wonderful. I took the maximum dose of ibuprofen every day and it helped that Madrid is pretty flat and I didn’t have to take stairs once. But my gp says I can’t do that any more…. That ibuprofen will damage my kidneys, Tylenol will damage my liver and they won’t give me anything stronger in case I get addicted and the meds bring on dementia!

I really don’t know what to do. I can ride my exercise bike with no pain and walk 4 k a few times a week. Physio hasn’t helped ag all.
 
I did manage a two week trip to Spain with assistance at major airports, which was wonderful.
Even though you still have pain I’m glad you were able to enjoy this trip! :flwrysmile:
 
Oh, wow, what a wonderful trip that your knee allowed you to have! I hate to read that you are still having pain this long after your TKR. I pray it resolves itself.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom