Guest viewing is limited

TKR Had a difficult time, feeling better<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gals.....I hate to put a damper on all this wonderful chatting, but please remember that this is a recovery thread and most of the posts need to deal with mamazip's recovery. This is important because others will come along later to read about her recovery and it's much more difficult if they must go through a lot of social chatter in the process. It also makes it tougher for the BoneSmart staff should there be a problem and we need to go back and read through her recovery history to see how things have progressed.

So please keep the off-topic posts to a minimum. And remember that you can always start non-medical topic threads in the Social forum (they must stay on topic too, though, and can't be just a "chat" thread) or use PM's to communicate.
 
@mamazipp - Beautiful music!!! I'm a bit envious of you ladies who can sign. I can't carry a tune for anything. My only musical ability is putting the needle to vinyl.

I also love classic rock. My husband and I like to visit used record stores and I'm always in the "L" section looking for Led Zeppelin. I have all their music on digital, but it's so fun finding the vinyl.

My husband discovered opera when he was in grad school in San Francisco, but I have yet to go. We've talked about going and I'd like to try.


And you go, girls, in not being controlled in a bad relationship. I've been there and it's miserable. I'm so happy that my daughter's (serious) boyfriend is a gentle soul who isn't controlling. whew!
 
Yesterday was physical therapy. ROM 135/2. Almost there with extension. Still working on getting my angry quad stronger...stairs, getting up from chair are still painful. But he sees that I walk with a wobble, so we did thigh work, to strengthen my balance..stepping side to side, etc. It hurt to do it, muscle pain. Then no time to go home, went to mall for a few hours till rehearsal, then 2 hours of that, then home at 10....... Chilled till midnight then went to a friends house who lives atop a hill to watch the meteor shower until 4 AM. Luckily she lives 5 mins away so I got home and fell into bed by 5.

Woke up with very, very, sore thighs. Knee is fine, but thighs are so sore. PT says muscle pain is ok. But ouch. I've taken Tylenol 1000mg. one Aleve 220 and food, so it won't hurt my tummy. Heat pad is on and waiting for relief.

I think today has to be a bed day. All day. Catch up on olympics although I already saw the headlines and am annoyed that I know the outcome of gymnastics. Binge on The Time between. Muscle ache is a bummer but hey, it's not knee pain. And that was a very big day for me.

:dancy:

I saw some spectacular meteors but not nearly the hundreds I was led to believe I'd see. Her house is near the Puget sound,,called the Salish sea here, and a lot of light is reflected. But still thrilling.

:wow:
 
@Jamie I'm sorry, I think I started the off topic chatter. I agree we should stay more focused. I've been so glad to be feeling on the up side that I got carried away.
 
I thought getting back to normal and fun activities was part of the recovery process. @mamazipp, it's lovely to hear about all the things you are able to do and enjoy now, you've had a long recovery, you deserve it. What an awesome day yesterday, but after all that hard work at physio you might need a couple of days of rest and relaxation.:chillpill:
 
@Tabbycat, thanks. It is part of my recovery process. A place I had doubts about reaching. Looking forward to a day or two of rest with NO plans and enjoying that time, instead of feeling sorry for myself that I can't do something. Thanks for your support. Oh, I will also be listening to Brahms.

:puppysmooze:
 
Hi there
I am sorry you have so much pain but your story sounds a lot like my just can't get past the pain just saw my doctor surgeon yesterday and he put me on the Neurontin 300 mg three times a day at my pain seems to be in my hip and my knee and definitely in my calf he suggested doing a manipulation but I'm scared to death that I'll end up with more pain after the manipulation that I have now by flexion is about 95 and my extension is it zero
 
@Sbelsak, your flex is over 90, you don't need a MUA. And your extension is perfect. Is you ROM hurting your life? Is so, then maybe you can go for it, but from what I understand, after reaching 90 OSs are happy with that.
 
Yes I'm very happy I have. Bit of a limp but I am getting pain free little by little .I agree I don't want an MUA
 
@Sbelsak you might want to start your own recovery thread so you can organize your experience with your surgery and recovery in one place. Perhaps @Jamie can help you do that people on the site can support your recovery.
 
@Tabbycat I did take a chill pill and enjoyed doing nothing but watching olympics...oh, and a quick necessary trip to the bank but that didn't count. It's been lovely. Heat pads on both thighs due to too much PT. can't believe I'm that out of shape!
 
@mamazipp, I'll join you in the out-of-shape club, walking up and down in the gym yesterday without my crutches I felt like a toddler learning how to walk. Never mind, we are coming on! Have a great day :)
 
Ok. Another club for us.
Nessun Dorma, ODIC, out-of-shape. We have work to do, Tabby.

I cannot believe how my quads on both thighs hurt. I think I have to use my little mini cycle thing.

Have a lovely Saturday.
 
You ladies aren't the only ones out of shape! Sitting for over a month can cause out muscles to get very lazy. Trying to get back in shape too quickly does nothing but hurt!
 
@Sbelsak you might want to start your own recovery thread so you can organize your experience with your surgery and recovery in one place. Perhaps @Jamie can help you do that people on the site can support your recovery.
Sbelsak does have a recovery thread here. Please do post your updates and questions on your own recovery there, @Sbelsak. It's so much easier for us to track your recovery and provide help if you need it when all your information is in one spot.:)
 
So last night my knee was somewhat angry and I decided it needed all night icing. I love the feeling of sleeping with the ice machine on my knee. It's so soothing. As long as I have a fleece blanket covering me, I'm comfy and I wake up with a pain free knee. 5 months out and still love ice.

Watching the track and field olympics makes me want to go out and sprint. Not that I have done it since my youth, but I envy them. I will never be able to run, again. I love watching the races where they are doing several laps, the strategy involved, the pacing, the final push. Fascinates me. And it all depends on knees ( and maybe some muscles). But at this point I'll be happy when I can do stairs. Stairs will be my 400 Meter sprint.
Sometime soon I hope.

@dianehelen I loved your idea of cutting up a soft pants leg to have a handy wrap for ice. Very innovative.
 
@mamazipp
That's OK to still be enjoying the ice machine. Whatever helps.I never had one except in the hospital, I managed with ice packs but they do warm up quite quickly.
Isn't it funny how after a TRK you notice people's knees, especially if they've got good ROM (twinge of envy)! I was watching the trampolining - amazing.
I hope your knee has calmed down this morning and stays in a good mood all day.
Tabby xxx
 
@mamazipp
I was reading your follow up PT note and I'm amazed your ROM is so good! wow that's great.:yes!:
One thing that helped me build up my quads was doing leg raises with those 2-3 lb. wrap around ankle weights.
I hope your pain gets better and soon you will be hoping down those stairs :happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom