Guest viewing is limited

TKR Had a difficult time, feeling better<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zzevi is correct. You can keep hitting the ramp button if you are still awake when it "expires". Like @Ronsgirl I stopped using the ramp because my pressure wasn't that high and I could fall asleep easier without the ramp on. However, on my DreamStation I can adjust the pressure of the ramp. I don't think I ever answered your snoring question, mamazipp. No, I don't snore anymore now that I'm using CPAP. @zzevi What brand/type of CPAP do you have?
 
I have a ResMed Air Sense 10. Great idea about the resetting to give the ramp another reset!
 
I've taken a Great Leap Forward. I am able to go up the 4 steps to my daughter s front door alternating legs, with no pain, and without holding on to the side of the house (there is no railing). I actually found myself bounding up the stairs and then down, twice. Like a normal person. This has been a long time coming. A flight is still a bit painful, but much, much less.
I feared I'd never get here. And here I am. I still have a small area in the same place on the outer side of my knee that hurts when I stand up, or sit down, for a moment or two.
Light at the end of the tunnel. My knee feels strong, and I'm walking well. And I'm finally off Gabapentin after 7 months.
 
That's great news! I'm very happy for you. Pretty soon you'll be able to do a full flight of stairs without even thinking about.
 
That's wonderful news about being able to negotiate the steps on your daughter's house so easily. :SUNsmile::yes!::happydance::yay:
 
That is so awesome! It must have felt so good to go bounding up those steps. I am so happy for you!
 
Yay! Another step towards getting back to a normal life. I've been with you on the snail trail of healing, but when those moments finally come it's such an awesome feeling! :yes!:
 
Thanks Julie. That snail trail is challenging but I'm amazed that it has picked up some speed at last. I didn't think it would arrive...and wishing the same for you.
 
How is your recovery going these days Julie? Now that winter is fast approaching it'll be interesting to see if cold weather has any effects. It must be cold and snowy in winter, where you are. Here we just have that bone chilling damp and wet weather.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How is your recovery going these days Julie? Now that winter is fast approaching it'll be interesting to see if cold weather has any effects.
Some folks have reported that the change in weather can "alert" their new knees.

As for mine---for some great reason, they do not bother me at all---in the cold, in the heat of the summer---they still feel the same.
 
Yes, the change in weather is bring felt by both old & new knees. :groan: I hope it doesn't last! We are having a mild November, which has been nice, but that's about to change this weekend...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom