Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

It can all come later than sooner. Getting up and moving around to bathroom, fridge, recliner, bed, enough for now.
My double hippy buddy. This is the bad part as I said.
You are gonna feel so glad in very few weeks
Proud of you.
Just chill:ice:

It can all come later than sooner. Getting up and moving around to bathroom, fridge, recliner, bed, enough for now.
My double hippy buddy. This is the bad part as I said.
You are gonna feel so glad in very few weeks
Proud of you.
Just chill:ice:
Thanks @Mojo333 I took endone before I felt I needed it so that I'd avoid that awful pain. And told physio I'm just going to walk a bit at this stage :)

Hey you new double hippy wonder!
The one with the new battle scars and all the wonderful issues that go with bilateral THR.
Did I tell you I didn't put weight on my legs except when PT made me at hospital for days. I used my walker without hardly putting feet on floor until my wrists and hands were absolutely aching.
Finally one day, I tentatively walked along length of countertop tentatively and yep...those thighs were so sore, but my hips...PERFECT. I was shocked. I had scared myself into thinking no way I could walk.
Gretel, you will be doing better every day.
This is a major surgery, but your body will be coming back from this albeit slowly and this I HAte Life stage will go away.
Have an easy day and ice, ice, drink and drink more. Don't forget Stool softeners

Hi Gretel,
I hope you're feeling a bit stronger today, more hopeful.
If it feels exhausting to sit in a chair most of the day
does your hospital room have a recliner that can keep you
partially reclined? Slowly becoming upright for longer periods of time.

I feel so inadequate trying to offer support to a bi-lateral
as I've not experienced it. It's hard to imagine. I know @Mojo333
will have your back here and I'm thankful for that as she's walked
the walk (no pun intended)

I'm offering prayer for a good day, increasing strength, well managed pain,
uplifted mood, rest, relaxation and uninterrupted sleep.
Each day will get brighter. Sending a hug your way....

@Gretel Hope today find you feeling some better. I have the day off as it is Columbus Day here. I will Haber to go to the food bank for few hours but certainly not all day...:happydance:
Keep forgetting you are way ahead of us down under. My step sister lives in New Zealand and I'm trying to remember the time difference.
Also are y'all finishing up your winter as we are going into autumn here?
Wondering how your weather is and if you can get some fresh air!
You are in my thoughts:wink:

I'm not doing great this evening
My legs are swollen and I can't get comfy. There's been muck ups with my meds :( Hoping to sleep soon and wake up feeling more positive. This forum is helping do much but internet connection keeps dropping out.

Ugh. Don't stress out over keeping us informed...worry about you. I'm praying all gets better quicker.
Are you to rehab or still at hospital?
I am really sorry you are having it so rough. Know they I am thinking of you.
:console2:

Hi @Gretel, sorry to hear you don’t feel so good. Hopefully you will manage to get some sleep. Are you in rehab? I hope it's quieter than hospital can be.

Yes I'm in rehab. Thinking I'd have been better to go home.

Sorry you seem to be feeling a bit down @Gretel
I know from experience recovery is uncomfortable with one hip and you're dealing with both hips,
but you're going to be okay, truly you are. I'll bet a week from now you'll
look back and see the progress you've made. If you're not happy at the rehab place
can you be released early and go home? Once released you'll possibly make more progress
in the comfort of your own home under the watchful eye of loved ones. Just get the meds down
so your taking them on schedule. So important in these early days. Get lots of rest/sleep and use
ICE. Best wishes for a restful day of recovery.

@Gretel sending you huge hugs to help you through this tough time x hope your medication gets sorted to good be you some pain relief which will hopefully give you some well earned rest x know that we are thinking of you x

I'm worried to go home cause hubby has gone back to work so it's me alone with five dogs. And they are inside dogs and they will be excited and they will jump on me.

Gretel,
You need some help with this. You've just had major surgery. Wondering how long you're scheduled to be
in rehab? I'm guessing possibly a week or two. If you are discharged at that point you still can't risk five
dogs jumping up on you. Depending on their breed and size they could possibly knock you down, do damage to your incision or hurt you in someway. You're only able to move slowly and your reaction time is reduced because of it. You don't want to risk dislocation this early on, well anytime really.

Could you make some type of arrangement before you leave re-hab? Can you contain your dogs in an area within your home so they aren't underfoot, possibly tripping you, or jumping on you....At least during the day while your husband is away at work and you're home alone. Is boarding them somewhere for a few weeks out of the question....Or, could you split them up, farming them out between family or friends for a time....

I hope you are getting the care and attention you need. You mentioned your meds were screwed up. Hopefully that's resolved, your pain is well managed and you're getting some decent sleep and relaxation.
Remember we're here if you need company or just feel like letting off some steam :gaah::hissy::hairpulling: :tantrum:
Sorry....I love those little peeps! They make me laugh. Hope they make you laugh too!
Sending lots of love and hugs your way :loveshwr::friends:

@Gretel

Thanks everyone. I'm supposed to stay a week or two but not sure I'll last a week. It's going to be harder on hubby but I don't think here is right for me.
I think the dogs will have to be contained a bit. It will mean I can't go in the kitchen but hubby can leave things in a cold bag. Shall talk to him later.
No recliner here though I have one at home....
I'm going to work on getting onto crutches. That's the thing I need to do.
I'm so lucky to have all you wonderful people!

I tried crutches and did okay. Going to practice on them and meanwhile I've got a smaller walker.

Good @Gretel. I bet you will feel so much better at home, honestly! All I had was my one little dog but he wanted to be all up on me when I first got home. He figured out quick I was hurt. Surprisingly he mostly managed to be good although I hollered at him alot. I'm guessing these are bigger dogs though...
I do wish you could go on home. My hubby was gone all during the day but I was super slow and careful and could take my meds and lick my wounds...so to speak. It took me about 10 days to decide I might want to live...:swoon:

PS I used my walker only for first two weeks and then only sparingly for next couple. Those hips will be getting there soon..

Home will be good for you @Gretel, as will your recliner. As long as you can keep your dogs contained
and safely get around your home with your walking aids you should be fine alone at home during the day.
If I recall, @Mojo333 was surviving on her own after a short time. She'll confirm whether I'm crazy, or not, next time she stops by.

Right now its about "YOU" you've been through the trenches and need all the rest and TLC you can get.
Best wishes you get the attention you need and start feeling a little progress day by day.
Your days will get brighter...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom