Guest viewing is limited

TKR Greda's recovery story<<

@Cementless I don’t know the name of my wedge, my hospital sent it home with me. I have a picture in my thread, but it’s hard to see the detail of the slight raise it has, to give my knee a slight bend. I’ll go find the picture and tag you in it.
 
Many of us love the Wedge Doctor or one like it. I got mine from Smile.Amazon.com
 
My first solo outing.
I drove to the library to return books and check out a few more. Everything was good until I was driving home and my knee started aching. The good thing was I brought an ice pack so I put it on my knee and made it home. The entire outing was about 25 minutes but exhausting. I spoke with the librarian who I had mentioned I was having knee surgery. She asked how pt was going. I told I wasn’t doing outpatient therapy. She looked shocked. Then asked how long it had been since surgery and I told her 5 weeks. She said so next week you are back to normal. I told her I would get better with time but complete healing was a year. She said her grandfather at 90 had a knee replacement did pt and was back to normal in 6 weeks. I just said everyone is different and I am happy with my progress. So tired now. Got my cats taken care of and my polar care ready so now hopefully a nap.
 
She said her grandfather at 90 had a knee replacement did pt and was back to normal in 6 weeks.
:doh:

People just don’t get it.

You’re doing great. Drove to the library and home again. Short and sweet (except for the librarian!) :wowspring:
 
*snort* @sistersinhim - good one! And exactly! My surgeon told me not to listen to the ppl who said their second cousin's first wife's son had a replacement and he was back to (whatever) within (a ridiculously short amount of time). He said "they're lying; don't pay attention to them".

@Greda - isn't it wonderful to get out on your own - and isn't it amazing how exhausting it can be? The good news is if you stay off line, you save lot of money. I'm not a real shopper but we've been surprised how much money we had/have left over each month during my tkr recoveries. It's really strange because we've done a lot of take-out or have gone out to dinner much more than normal. This has sort of convinced my husband it's almost cheaper to eat out (as long as it isn't fancy or too expensive) and he really understands not wanting to clean up the dishes and kitchen afterwards. :happydance:
 
@Laurenkate I know what you mean about saving money. When I send my husband with a list to buy groceries he only buys what is on the list. I tend to pick up extra stuff so the cost is more. My husband is out of town this week so I have to eat what is on hand. When he is in town he has been picking up food on the way home from work so no one has to do the cooking and cleaning. I think your surgeon is right about people stretching the truth about their relative’s recovery.

@sistersinhim and @Jockette no clue what 90 yr old does but knew that was the end of our conversation. I find it hard to believe that is true but if it is good for him.
 
I had my pain clinic appointment today. I am relieved he refilled the Percocet because I still have moments of pain that Tylenol does not touch. I am using less but not ready to stop. I feel like I walk as slow as a turtle. I had to ask the nurse to slow down. The pharmacy is in the same building as the doctor’s office so I decided to wait for my meds to be filled. It seemed like the longest wait of my life. I am exhausted and so glad my husband is home. He is going to pick up supper. Time time rest, ice and elevate!
 
I'm still a turtle! :-)
And remember the turtle (tortoise) won in the end!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Greda's recovery story<<
 
I guess yesterday was more than I thought. Today my knee is swollen and weak. It has given out on me twice today. Once was on the stairs and I was afraid I would fall. Thankfully I didn’t! My husband is home and has required me to help with a few things. I just told him my knee says I am done for now. He fixed up my polar care so I am set for awhile. We had to put our furnace on between the ice and the cold front — fall has arrived (last night was 36 F).
 
e had to put our furnace on between the ice and the cold front — fall has arrived (last night was 36 F).
36 degrees!!!!:yikes: Already? Wow!
 
Living in South Dakota summer ends quickly
 
I was thinking the same thing....Wow! Never seen 36 F in September !
 
I won’t tell you what temperature it is in Delaware.
 
The crazy thing is it was 80 last week
 
Wow, that’s a big difference!
 
Had my OS appt today. Spent most of my time sitting in the waiting room. Waited almost an hour and saw the PA for less than 5 min. She seemed pleased with my progress wants me back in 4-5 weeks. The bad thing was I had to park really far away from the front door and it was a really long walk and then sitting forever. My knee is swelling up and aching. Tomorrow will be a rest day.
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom