Guest viewing is limited

TKR Greda's recovery story<<

Hi everyone
I haven’t been on in a while and needed some advice. Last night when my husband and I got home I tripped and fell on both knees in the living room. I tried icing and elevating for about an hour but the pain was so bad and the right knee was swelling looking misshapen. My husband took me to the er and the did x-rays. The good news was the hardware looked fine. The Dr saw effusion in both knees. The right was much worse than the left. I was told to ice and elevate. I am relieved that nothing terrible is wrong but am surprised at how painful this is.
I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on anything else I can do. I am taking Tylenol and ibuprofen. I also wonder how long this will take to heal.
 
Oh, I hate to fall! It tooks weeks for mine to calm down when I fell on it. I was just 11 months out, though. The soft tissues take a while to recoup a direct fall. Ice and elevation was my order, too. I also walked gently as much as possible. Walking every so often helped relieve some of the pain.

I think you're doing all you can do and it will just take time for your knees to snap back.
 
@sistersinhim thanks for your advice. I am trying to be patient but it is really sore and bruised terribly. It is a good thing the hardware is so hard —lol. Saw a doctor yesterday he thinks I am looking at 4 weeks before it is back to normal. Longer than I had hoped but it is temporary. In some ways I wished I had fallen on one knee instead of both. Just trying to not overdo. My husband gets home from a business trip tonight so that will help with caring for the kitties.
 
Sorry about your fall and pain. It’s a good thing you have those beautiful Nurse Cats. Time for the “laying on of the paws.”
 
[Bonesmart.org] Greda's recovery story<<
My knee 4 days after my fall. I think the swelling is going down. Still really painful. Having to keep it elevated and iced.
 
Ouch! No wonder it's painful. I'm glad the swelling is going down.
 

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom