Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Sat with ice last night... Wonder if hyperextended muscle, quad... Could use heat instead? So sore today....
 
Good Morning Mojo,
I'm truly sorry you're sore.

I've heard that the combo of ice and heat together can work. Heat opens the veins letting blood and oxygen through. The wide flow of oxygen through helps ease the pain. When ice is applied it has the adverse effect. The cold causes the veins to slim and ultimately flex the muscles. This reduces the inflammation causing the pain. Switching between the two can help speed up the healing process. Start with ice to shock the muscles and veins, then use heat to soothe them. I looked this up to refresh my memory. My friend who works for a chiropractor maintains they employ this method at times. Something you may consider......

Your story is humorous, you do bring some comic relief to this site, which I love! I can't help but envision your shoes stuck to the floor needing to be pried off! I love @Gone again comments about the hat with the flashing red light, or better yet, your own YouTube channel! Go MoJo!
We have to come up with an ingenious way for you to protect yourself....haha! The phrase "don't let me get me" comes to mind.
All kidding aside.....Whichever method of healing you apply I hope you feel better soon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... My heating pad used to be my best friend with the OA... Now ice. Will work on that tonight.
For full disclosure... Lest any newbies think that my recovery is not without setbacks and that I always do what I should...it isn't and I don't.
I knew I was already sore, and needed to be easy on myself... And today I super over did it.
I just feel SO much better with no hip pain, and did go back to work too soon with the idea I would not go at everything 100 per cent, and rest when I knew I needed to... And it just doesn't happen like that.
Once you're back, you're in it. So take all the time you possibly can folks... May be your only best excuse for a life- pause.
My quads are sore and jumpy feeling, when I do stop, everything gets tight and I'm super duper tired. Definitely in the ODIC.
I have an easy PT in morning at 830 which I've already cancelled one this week... And a bunch of 20-something volunteers to deal with immediately after... Half are well meaning but don't have the sense to pour rain out of a boot...
I'm still numb and electrified down to my knees...
Will definitely put a kabosh on the physical activity tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh mojo I hope you feel better I'm sitting here icing as we speak


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds as though the inanimate objects are out to get you, first the noodles, now this! Seriously though, I'm glad you just had muscle soreness from the freezer incident; you could have fallen and had a worse injury.

Your point about trying to take it easy once you get back to work is well taken; I was worried about that, so I asked for 2 additional weeks off beyond the 8 they were going to give me. I am fortunate I have a large extended sick leave bank built up, so I decided to use some. I figure I can always come back early--easier than trying to get more time off if I find I'm not ready yet.

Take care!
 
Feel better, Mojo.
Wishing you a restful, restorative sleep and a brighter tomorrow.
Take care of yourself and drop your membership to the ODIC.
Hugs : )
 
Thanks all. Definitely reminds me that this will take time.
My body wants a time out.
Hope all sleep well.
 
I like the zipper idea. If you could have a zipper tat and a pouch, that would be outstanding.

I'm not attached to my cell phone either. I set it on the coffee table or kitchen counter. If I'm in another room and miss a call, that's why there is voicemail.
We aren't allowed to touch our cellphones if we are driving a work vehicle. We aren't allowed to touch our work phones in a personal vehicle. I have a drive setting. If you call or text my work phone and the vehicle is moving, you get an auto reply saying I'm driving & I will call you back. We can do bleutooth, but if we need to look at something on the phone, we are required to pull over. I could handle that being a universal law...
 
Sorry to hear about your mishap, Mojo. Live and learn I guess but I sure am glad you didn't do any damage. Hopefully by today the aches and pains have subsided a bit.
 
Mostly, although I will be glad when tomorrow is over. Icing as I speak... Took my cane when me as my quad in my right leg feels pulled... And today was just a series of mini fires that had to be put out... Just really have overdone it the whole week. I will be extra easy does it this weekend. It has been rediculously hot here with heat index in the hundreds with not a breeze in sight. That wears you out too and I'm usually a champ in hot weather.
Tomorrow's gonna be a good day!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely hip major bump in the road mojo.
Team leader now in the ODIC.
Hope the discomfort subsides quickly.
As a many time member of that club I wish you short membership.
Seriously though get well.
Joe.....
 
Yes, definitely a member, IrishJoe.
Thing is, it's not hard to figure out what causes it just couldn't seem to get out of it.
We rely mostly on volunteers at the Food Bank, and community service folks... Those would be young people required to do court ordered hours. Had lots of scheduled help not show up, but the donations did. Mostly older other volunteers so I was just left with it.
I'm not going to be the only backup next week.
I refuse to sabatoge my recovery.
These hips are gonna have to last me a long time.
I'm sure I didn't do anything to cause any major trauma.
I don't like this club.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Mojo,
So sorry to hear that out of necessity and desire to get the job done you're now suffering. Feels so wrong! Covering yourself next week in an effort to keep your recovery momentum going is wise. I hope you're able to relax this weekend, getting back to where you were. I'm sure you're frustrated as you are feeling the physical affects of an unavoidable situation.
Wishing you a relaxing, restorative weekend!
 
Hang in there, Mojo. Try to do lots of relaxing and maybe a bit of icing (it would feel extra good when it is so blasted hot there) over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday you will have dropped your club membership :yes!:.
 
@Mojo333 I'm not one to tell some one to take it easy, but.....

Yes, the checkup went well. I know I'm not completely recovered, but the kid gloves are coming off. I am just going to do normal stuff and ice in the evenings.

Firing up the grill tomorrow. Baby back ribs:thumb:
 
Yum..love me some good ribs.
I have helped get 200 donatedwatermelons in to our faculty in over 100 degrees so guess my take it easy starts tonight.
I put one in the walk in cooler at 2 pm and brought it home and ate so much I'll be up all night to the bathroom.
I'm so not doing anything I don't have to tomorrow.
Hope you rest well tonight dougie0216!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom