Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Thanks @Layla and @GrannyC..
Always nice to have a little pat on the head and a there-there by my buddies even if my wounds are self inflicted.
Tomorrow's gonna be a good day!!!

Hope your socks were dry:heehee:

You must be pretty dedicated to be working so much. Fortunately I can do 90% of my tasks with a phone, computer and Wi-Fi.

The ribs have been rubbed.

Not dedication, just lack of volunteers. That happens alot this time of year as we have alot of college kids and we are between semesters...plus a few scheduled people didn't show...maybe because it was 100 degrees?
It's the reason I think folks should take all the time they can.
Hard to transition...and when a donation comes...well.
I am being careful...I realize I have overdone it also. Things were getting much better until I began overworking.
I'll get it covered better next week.

Yup working with volunteers is hard. A lot of them are just in the way. Can't expect much. Rest up over the weekend.

Most of the time, it's like herding cats..lol.
But it's hard work being a saint..heehee!

I like that expression... herding cats lol, take it easy Mojo... I'm trying to be good and not do too much.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I like you help feed those who have no food or little. I am thinking you did overdo it but I can't blame you @Mojo333

**** that sent too fast and I am hoping you can get more rest and fun time. I can't blame you though. And um. Saint Mojo333 of the watermelon

I have to get outside. Was invited to go to the coast and ride on the boat and hit an island beach but seas were going to a little rough and I'm scared of jarring and beating about so I had to decline. Sniff!
Instead I'm going to get on float in my sisters pond. They have a well water shower that's super cold if I get too hot.
Just have to get some vitamin D and some hydrotherapy.
Smoking hot outside.
Hope all are doing well this Sunday.

Going to the coast @Mojo333......sounds so fun! Living in the upper plains we have to travel to see oceans and mountains. All the more satisfying though when we do. Closest thing we have to an ocean is Lake Superior which is a trek in itself. BUT we do live in the "land of 10,000 lakes". Problem is I don't like swimming in places where I can't see bottom, haha!

I don't think I'd want to be bounced about in a boat in rough waters now either, can't blame you. That will have to wait till next Summer and I will bring a nice cushion as a shock absorber.

Have fun soaking up some rays as you float in your sisters pond!

I understand about volunteers. At my previous school, 90% of my staff were either college students/volunteers. I was there 14-years. Where I am now is professionally staffed. I don't have to work weekends or holidays anymore.

The boat ride must have been hard to pass up.
The ribs were ok, but I tried a store-bought rub that a relative recommended. Too salty. Next time I will go back to my concoction.

Three cheers for nature. Was able to be outside a good bit yesterday and not get too burnt. Very relaxing as its - coffee break over, back on my head tomorrow.
Groin and thigh pain lessening..definitely from overdoing it. It will soon be 3 months out and this surgery has definitely given me a new lease on life.
I have a new intern...post-grad dietetic intern...so she'll be a big help. Usually they do a one week rotation. Hope she isn't too prissy. Food bank can be more labor intensive than some think.
Hoping all my friends have a good week.
@MyAussieGirl..hope your tummy feels better and you get some answers.
@dougie0216 Try not to overdo it this week. Ditto for you @gaulsuerou.
These hips have to last us a long time

Yesterday sounds like it was very relaxing and definitely what you needed. Hopefully this week will be a bit calmer at work for you. A while back I thought you mentioned getting a degree in something related to wildlife and you mentioned patrolling the beaches as a maybe "dream job" I guess you could say. I just wanted to say that some of the national parks like Yellowstone hire seasonal workers of all ages and provide housing at a minimal cost so down the road after you retire, that might be something to think about. Probably some of the natl parks along the various coasts have these positions, too. Somewhere there is a website listing all the job openings and you can fill out an application that covers as many as you want. It's probably under the US Park Service but I can't remember for sure any more.

I'm so glad your recovery is still going along so well.

Thanks GrannyC...I'm very familiar as those were options I was attempting to pursue before the government freeze.
I actually think now I could do it.
Thanks for reminding me and thinking maybe I could too.
Yellowstone...oh my stars.
Would that not be the best!!!!
Hope springs eternal...got to get to my best.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...got an interesting call from Harriet...my OS assistant. She was so amazed at my recovery to date and knows how grateful that I was able to have BTHR surgery and how much it has changed my life... That she said my OS wanted to ask me to participate in their marketing campaign with Dr. William Tankersly for Optim Orthopedic Centers. I'm guessing a testimonial of sorts. Apparently he is a knee and hip guy. Apparently they think my story will encourage others who might be apprehensive about hip replacement.

By the by, @Josephine I have mentioned Bonesmart several times to my OS and his staff as an important tool in my recovery. I plan to bring it up again as I feel having a community of similar patients in various stages of their journeys from deciding to have the surgery to all stages of recovery was invaluable to me personally.

I still have 'problems' lest anyone thinks all is perfect at almost 3 months out. But this surgery has allowed me to come out of a dark place filled with pain and sleeplessness and cope with those problems in a hopeful way.

How wonderful they chose you @Mojo333
You'll be the perfect person to use as a testimonial for your Orthopedic Surgeon and Orthopedic Center.

I'm surprised when I hear people in the orthopedic profession say they haven't heard of Bonesmart.
My OS's physician assistant has never heard of it, nor has my physical therapist. Both seemed interested to
check it out. It's been a lifesaver for me...especially in the very early days of my recovery. I've enjoyed
communicating with a friendly group of people who are experiencing the same thing I am. It's been
interesting, getting different perspectives, sharing advice, offering and receiving encouragement and sharing some laughs!

You've been a constant supporter on this site, I don't know how you do it with a job and all. While I wish the hip God gave me lasted my lifetime, I am thankful for the option and a new lease on life. It is from that dark place of pain that we all arrived here. A bunch of strangers drawn together with the gift of a second chance.
We're all blessed.

Wishing you continued healing and all the best life has to offer!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FirstroundSAFS
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom