CAdesgirl
member
- Joined
- Dec 5, 2018
- Messages
- 128
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I went to the doctor yesterday and got released to go back to work WITH NO RESTRICTIONS. I went back today. I meant to only work 4 hours but ended up working 7. Everyone kept trying to keep me at my desk. I had to explain that I have to get up to walk every hour or so in order to keep from stiffening up too much. All in all, it went well although my staff had been holding onto some issues for me to get back so there were some uncomfortable conversations. I'm home icing/elevating and I may take a nap.
The doctor wasn't thrilled with my ROM but just told me to keep working on it because I'll be able to do more if I get my flexion to at least 120 and my extension to 0. I know he just wants me to be able to do the things that a 50ish woman should be able to do so I left in a good mood.
The doctor wasn't thrilled with my ROM but just told me to keep working on it because I'll be able to do more if I get my flexion to at least 120 and my extension to 0. I know he just wants me to be able to do the things that a 50ish woman should be able to do so I left in a good mood.
I know that you all know the joy that comes with being able to plan things that will have a lot of walking involved without fear (okay, maybe a smidgen of fear that I won't be ready yet).
I also go see my PCP next week.
. I'm really hopeful that the shot helps. I did realize that some of the pain, probably the ligament, has been there before the surgery. The arthritis pain was so bad that I didn't really notice it, though.
I'm happy that it's Friday so I can rest and relax. The only thing I have to do is get ready for my step-daughters 17th birthday party tomorrow night. It's just a family event so I won't have to do much except some last minute shopping and wrapping her gifts.