TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Chortles. After reading that I will let you. Pure brilliance

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I think mine is a nerve slips and gets pinched, it is a sharp burning pain.
I don't think this is nerve pain. It feels like I did hit it on something but I didn't I'm pretty sure. It feels a little better this afternoon.

My Arthritis was "traumatic" that means caused by a car accident in 1977.
Yikes! Did you have trouble with your knee for all those years? I sure hope not. I'm glad to hear you are so happy and feeling so good with it. I haven't given up hope at all. I'm just at a place where this is getting very, very, very old and I'm ready for recovery to be over and feel good again.

P.S. I can even kick an Ogre if I had too. :rotfl:
LOL!!
 
@gr82cu2 hope the elbow pain goes away soon! That isn't fun, you might want to mention it to your doc.

@new knee in June Now you are only allowed to kick @Legin if he does something wrong. Because you can't understand him, when are you going to know if he does something bad?
 
Right leg, 6 weeks post op. Scabs are still being stubborn but the tenderness I did have in that area is mostly gone now.

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 even the scab areas on your knee are looking better, glad the tenderness is gone. You have had a tough time with this knee and hopefully it will be easier going forward. Have a good day.
 
I've been a bit behind on some threads. Great to see your OS says no infection and no worries on the incision.
I'm glad he wants to check in with you again in a few weeks.
 
Why does my body hate me so much? I swear it does! My elbow hurts so bad and is swollen now......for no reason at all!!! I've doubled up on my Aleve and been icing it off and on all day with no relief. I googled 'tennis elbow' and it sounds just like that. It hurts in the little pointy bone on the outside of my elbow and the pain radiates down into my arm. tomorrow afternoon I have an appt. to get my blood checked again for the anemia but I didn't need to see the doctor for that. I may call in the morning and see if I can see the doctor. I know he'll just tell me to ride it out with ice and Aleve though. Blah! Today was 5 years since my dad passed away :bawl: I sure do miss him and mom.
 
@gr82cu2 Hugs to you on this difficult day. My mom passed away four years ago, and 6 weeks later my dad was diagnosed suddenly with a brain tumor. He died 19 months later, after a very long and difficult battle. I know how hard it is to have both parents gone, and how these "anniversaries" feel. Thinking of you and hoping that you are surrounded with happy memories!
 
@gr82cu2, sorry to hear that you are still having pain in your elbow. I feel so bad for you. It seems like one thing after another! How is your knee doing? I know this is a hard day for you with it being the anniversary of your Dad's death. Even though he's not here physically, he's always with you in your memories and heart. Sending you hugs. Anne
 
@ljrfrm I'm sorry for your loss too! It's rough losing them both so close together. Mine passed 94 days apart. Dad from Alzheimer's and mom from lung cancer, following him. She also had dementia pretty bad but not alzheimer's dementia. Because of their dementia I saw their deaths as merciful but I still really miss them, especially this time of year.

@Yorkimom I slept till 10:30 this morning! Another 9 1/2 hour night with no waking. Hooray! My elbow feels quite a bit better this morning so maybe it's on the mend now. My knee is (I'm scared of jinxing myself here) feeling some better. At rest there is very little discomfort most of the day until evening and then it gets achy if I haven't taken any pain meds for awhile. I'm still dealing with it being a cry baby if I'm up on it for more than 10-15 minutes especially if I'm just standing and not walking much. But even that is getting a little better, slowly and once I get back off of it it doesn't take long, with ice, to calm it back down. I've only been taking meds twice a day, 2 at a time until this morning I only took one because it wasn't that uncomfortable. I'm so happy the pain is decreasing to a more tolerable level. I need to start cutting back on the meds gradually. Hope you have a good day today :)
 
@gr82cu2, Janet try not to be so hard yourself. You've had an exceptionally hard recovery and have had to cut your pain meds far too soon.
Sleeping for 9-1/2 hours straight is awesome. I can't even do that normally!! I hope you continue to have good days. Anne
 
so you shed some.tears its fine its an outlet for your frustration and pain. You are.getting better just.please don't be.toooo drastic with med.reduction. btw you are not alone last night I tried for nth time to lift myself by heel raise as usual nothing it did get to me silly.realy as.I try.several times a day seee ogres are fffffffik

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I apologize, sometimes I have a hard time translating ogre to english :) I won't cut back too drastically. I can't, there is still too much pain and discomfort. But I do need to cut down one way or another soon. Hope you have a good day today!
 
Nnnnnnnnoooooo appologies needed. Sorry for my typing.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I reduced mine but I did so in consultation with dr. My.dr is a no nonsence lady who blew my original idea out of the water. But then when I had to get brain.scanned her statement was.contary to popular opinion you do have a brain. Sheeeeeeeesh I.have no escape

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom