Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2, hi Janet! Just stopping by to see how you are feeling and hoping you had another great night sleeping. Anne:re-snowman:
 
@Yorkimom @Minnie's knees @Nana moon 27 Good morning! Feeling ok today so far. Yesterday was not such a great day. My knee felt dislocated or something. I think I must have slept in a strange position Saturday night. Wouldn't it be nice if there weren't all the ups and downs with this recovery? I think the slow recovery would be more bearable in the long run. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm thinking I'll dust today :) Hope you all have a great, pain free day!!!
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! I haven't been on much the last couple of days. Glad you did manage to get some sleep. Yes the steps backward can be very frustrating, but in the long run you do improve. I decided not to dust today!
 
@gr82cu2, I was really hoping that you would have another great night like a couple of nights ago. You are right, there is sure a lot of ups and down during this recovery. I've been in pain since Saturday night. I'm going to post on my thread so I won't take up yours. Are you still using your "nest" or have you been able to go back to your bed? Hope you have a better night tonight. Anne:re-snowman:
 
@gr82cu2 the site is lagging for some reason for me, I click on something and it just won't come up. Chicken salad sounds way better than dusting, doesn't take so long either. Dusting is so over rated.
 
@gr82cu2 sorry the good sleep did not last. Our bodies and especially the knees can be so picky about how we sleep. Chicken salad sounds good..yum maybe I will make some tomorrow. It would be great if there weren't so many ups and downs in TKR recovery but that doesn't seem to be the reality. It has really tested my patience and yours too I'm sure. Hope you have a better day today.
 
@tiredwife Still sitting here being lazy. What else is new? I'm waiting on Kent to get out of the shower so I can take my turn and have PT later on this afternoon. My right elbow is KILLING me for no reason at all. It started on Saturday and hurt when I would straighten my arm. I put Voltaren gel on it a few times and Sunday it seemed better. Yesterday it started hurting again and woke me many times in the night. I have no idea what's going on with that. It seems like getting older brings on a lot of random pains here and there that make no sense. It hurts worse than my knee does today. Blah!
 
@gr82cu2
Hi Janet,
Just checking in on you :loveshwr:Has your swelling gone down any ? Are you on a good
Pain management regimen ( around the clock ) ?
I hope each day brings you closer to a great recovery :)
Thinking of you :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
@gr82cu2
You & I are the same age, Spring chickens in the grand scheme of things :chuckmarch:
I hope your elbow feels better:gaah:It's always something.
Love,
Diana :catbutterfly:
 
@new knee in June Hi Diana, yes swelling is better. Not bad at all now as long as I stay off of it for the most part. Today is 6 weeks so I'm going to take a new picture. Other than the stupid scabbing that is being stubborn it is starting to look like a knee again. I'm medicating 3 times a day usually. First thing in the morning, mid afternoon and late evening. I get along ok through the night for the most part. I take Percocet morning and evening and either tylenol or tramadol mid day. BTW since you're well over a year post op, how are you doing? Glad you did it?
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I get that elbow pain once in a while. It's not as if I hit it or anything, it just feels like sharp pain for a few days then stops. Hate all the pain that comes with getting older. Sorry the forum is sluggish for me today so I'm not leaving likes or anything like that until it quits acting up.
 
@tiredwife This has happened before. I can't remember how long it lasted. It's the little pointy bone on the outside of my elbow, in that area. I didn't hit it on anything that I remember. Who knows?
 
@gr82cu2 yep, that's the spot. I think mine is a nerve slips and gets pinched, it is a sharp burning pain. Doesn't happen but maybe 2 times a year in my elbow, get it in my fingers more often.
 
@gr82cu2
I am soooo glad I had a knee replacement. 2 weeks before surgery my knee was so bad
I couldn't walk. My Arthritis was "traumatic" that means caused by a car accident in 1977.
I walked like a penguin for 3 years. The day after my surgery, my limp was gone :yahoo:
I had hardly any swelling, but iced constantly around the clock, even while sleeping in C.P.M.
My problem was I hate pain med's, I realized I needed them & took them around the clock.
I can run after my dog, I haven't ran in 15 years ( I always smile to myself )
Sometimes if I lay sideways on my bed I get a pain. But, for 16 months I have walked pain free :yahoo:
You will get there, it's a long journey, stop & enjoy the milestones along the way.
All my Best to You :friends:
Love,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr: P.S. I can even kick an Ogre if I had too. :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom