TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@marmora Yes, the swelling is the hardest part. I'm only six days out and the first few days had great ROM. Then the swelling set in and it burns like fire when I bend it. Feels like I'm ripping something in there. But of course, you know how that is. Look at the size difference between my two knees! It's crazy!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@ConnieJOS Yes it is swollen. You need more elevation, that is about the only way to get rid of swelling, except maybe a water pill.
 
I keep it elevated a whole lot and I take a diuretic every day for my blood pressure, but it's still badly swollen. It's just stubborn!
 
This may have been my tiredest day yet. I just cannot stay awake. And I'm freezing! I keep thinking the AC will surely shut itself off but no, it's freezing in here! I'm never cold. Maybe it's all the ice I've had on my knee today, front and back.

@ConnieJOS That's how mine are. The left is so much bigger than the right. I also have the intense burning when standing and the feeling something is going to rip if I bend too far. We really are recovery twins :)

@tirewife Have a good night. Tucker :kittymilk: says goodnight and Mini :kitty: too!
 
Ah yes I remember the chills! I would have a bunch of blankets piled on. I am not sure it's from the anesthesia or just the surgical trauma. My blood pressure was low too and mine is always high!
 
My husband wasn't allowed to take his bp meds the day of the surgery because they told us the surgery lowers peoples bp. He was also cold in the beginning, it is common.

@gr82cu2 Goodnight again to you, Tucker, Mini and your family.
 
@marmora I wish I could give you a solution, but like tiredwife said, the swelling will be around for quite a while. I really wish I kept a diary of my first surgery to go back to. I can remember some things by association. Like going to my friends house for our annual Christmas Eve seven fish dinner. It was exactly three weeks after surgery and I was there for a few hours and tried to keep my leg elevated most of the time, but I can remember getting home and putting ice on my knee as it was so swollen and felt like it was on fire.
I just went back and searched my old posts. There was one the beginning of February 2013, which was about 8 weeks after surgery and swelling was still a concern. So that might give you an idea of how long you might have to deal swelling, although everyone is different. Hang in there @marmora and @gr82cu2 it will get better. It hope you both have a good night. Anne
 
Good morning Bonesmart!!! I didn't write a daily round up last night because frankly it was pretty much a repeat of the day before. The only differences were I managed to take a real shower for the first time and I went through a period of freezing yesterday evening which is very unusual for me.

I slept 7 hours again last night from 12:30 - 7:30 this morning with one potty break/medication break and right back to sleep.

This morning I feel like the swelling may be down a tiny bit. My OS still has not answered my email from Friday night. I'm wondering if his PA screens his emails. I just need to know if I can see my OS instead of his PA for my follow up appointment on the 14th.

I thought today was my first PT but when I checked last night I had written down August 6th so I guess it's tomorrow. That's ok. It gives me another day to heal and ice and elevate to try and get some more swelling down.

Hope you all have a great day!
 
@gr82cu2 Yes the being cold is normal, hubby and I would fight over the thermostat. Your OS might very well have someone go through his email, you might have to phone him. Have a great day!
 
Hello @gr82cu2, @ConnieJOS, @marmora, and @tiredwife. I hope everyone is having a good day. @marmora your leg is swollen...just keep elevating and icing. @gr82cu2 I am usually always cold. I had my first surgery in December so it was cold outside. With having the ice machine on my knee all the time I was always cold. One trick I found was I starting keeping a heating pad on the back of my recliner and would keep it on low. It warmed me up just enough to keep me comfortable. Good luck with your PT tomorrow.
@tiredwife, good luck to your hubby tomorrow with his surgery!
Well I'm off to the oral surgeon to have this dang tooth pulled. I hate going to the dentist. Geesh I went through Knee replacement you would think this wouldn't bother me. Talk to you later. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Thank you, we are all ready. I hate dentists, had all 4 wisdom teeth done at the same time long time ago. Yeck! Also had another pulled, the roots were around the jaw bone - not fun! Wish you luck and no pain at the dentist.
 
Thanks @Yorkimom I think it was an isolated deal. Trust me, it is very, very unusual for me to be cold Ever since I was pregnant with our 2nd son I've been hot, hot, hot and menopause hasn't helped that. Once I had Kent turn the AC up and I snuggled under a blankie for awhile I was fine and still am.

Good luck on the tooth! The only ones I've ever had to have taken out were my wisdom teeth when I was in my 20's. I had supernumerary teeth.....9 wisdom teeth in all and all the extras were on the top. I had 4 on one side and 3 on the other on the top. They weren't completely formed teeth but I was all the rage at the teaching hospital in Connecticut where we lived at the time. I don't think they could have fit anymore people in that operating room to watch, LOL. It was a pretty lengthy surgery with general anesthesia because the teeth were all stacked up in my jaw and there was a risk of puncturing my sinuses trying to get them out. They had to dislocate my jaw to get it done and I had a lot of trouble with my jaw for years after that. I'm so thankful I've never had to have anymore teeth removed.
 
Wow @gr82cu2 after reading about your wisdom teeth I'll take my little molar any day. I did have my wisdom teeth pulled when I was around 20 and it wasn't fun. The dentist just numbed me and pull them. I don't ever want to go through that again.
I'm back and just took a pain pill. My mouth is throbbing. The dentist was great. He numbed the tooth, waited a while and then went to pull it. I could feel it. He said there was a lot of infection and he had to numb me more. Then just like that it was out. I'm glad it's over with. He said it's a good thing that I got it taken care of now because it it was close to my surgery they probably would have cancelled. They don't like to fool with any oral problems. Speaking of my surgery, I called my OS today and talked to his scheduling secretary. Last night my hubby Joe and I were looking at the dates and he's in a golf tournament two hours away on the day I should be coming home from the hospital. It's a tournament that he's in every year. I told him that Marc, our son, could bring me home. He said that he felt bad not being here. So I called and was able to get it changed to the Friday before instead of on Monday. So now my date is September 19th at 11:30. That's only six weeks away!!!!
 
@Yorkimom I totally understand. This year I've had two hip replacements, one knee replacement and I'm going for the other knee replacement. No problem! But now the dentist says I need a crown. I'm horrified! I can't stand the thought of it.
 
@Yorkimom I hope you will feel better tomorrow. Having dental work done is never fun. I have to say though that I love going for my cleanings, LOL. The dental hygienists that are there are roughly my age and we all brought our kids up at the same time. It's fun seeing them and finding out where the kids, who are now adults, are at in life now. The dentist is a fraternity brother of my husband's. We've been going to him for 26 or 27 years. I'm not sure what we'll do when he retires.
 
@ConnieJOS why is it that we fear the dentist so much. You have been through so much this year. I have always been that way. Years ago I had fertility issues and went through numerous testing, etc. I always said I would rather go to the gyn than the dentist. It's crazy.
@gr82cu2 I have been going to my dentist since he was out of dental school. I always kid him that we are paying for his kids education....he has five!!!!
I just took a pain pill so I'm off to bed. Have a good night!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom