TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Yikes! I was just massaging my scar when it suddenly felt wet. I looked and a teeny tiny pinhole had opened up and a little fluid was draining. Like 2 or 3 of these droplets. @Josephine should I be worried? The fluid looked like a clear amber color and didn't look like infection to me.

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@Minnie's knees Thank you! My sister was only 17 when her son was born. He is now 41 and has an almost 6 year old. My sister now has 3 grands. 1 by her son and 2 by her daughter who also waited till she was in her 30's. She could have easily been a g'ma before she was 40! I think the ones waiting till they are older are probably really great parents. I just wonder though how they keep up. Of course 40 isn't really all that old. I guess I could have if I had to when I was 40. I can't imagine being my age though and thinking 3 more years of high school plus college. They will never be able to retire! LOL!! Our boys used to beat us up about how we didn't take them to Disney World and stuff. We were so young and poor we couldn't afford to. I was more worried about putting food in their tummies than taking them to Disney. I think they get it now that they are older and responsible for themselves.
 
@jul Thanks Julie! It doesn't hurt really. It's just I haven't had any fluid drainage since about a week post op. Took me by surprise. Secretly I sort of hoped a gush of fluid would come out and I could bend my knee effortlessly now. But, Nooooooooo!!!!! LOL!!
 
Janet, I think you should call your doctor tomorrow. Even if it doesn't look like infection, I cant imagine why anything would seep out of it at this point. It may be nothing to be concerned about, but please let them tell you that. Better safe than sorry! :chinstroke:
 
@gr82cu2 Oh Janet I can imagin how you feel. For you to say it must be like you are just waiting for it to pop.
I have heard of sitches getting infected internally if they dont disovle properly.
 
Yes I think I would call my OS too! I never massaged my scar - after a month or so I would put a little cream around it but never directly touched it. I have read here about internal stitches - maybe you can search BS?
 
@gr82cu2 we never took our kids to Disney World while they were growing up either but we have taken our grandkids 3 times :snork: I agree you should probably call OS. Better to know for sure especially with your next surgery only a few weeks away.
 
Good to see you are "The Stairmaster"

Keep reporting the little wins. We all celebrate them quietly with you. It is good for the soul.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It looks fine this morning. Can't even see the little pinhole. I'll keep a close eye on it. Or, I may just email the picture to the PA and see if he thinks it's worth worrying about.
 
@gr82cu2 have you tried massaging it again to see if it happens again? Let your OS know. I might just nag you until you do!
 
The fluid looked like a clear amber color and didn't look like infection to me.
That doesn't mean it's not infected. You should get it looked at. Whether it is or is not, there was still a breach in the skin which could be a problem. Though having said all that, it's probably not. But such mini wounds should occur anyway. Get it looked at.
 
@tiredwife Give them a chance to answer :) Really, I'm not that concerned about it. It was nothing like the openings in my incision the first 7-10 days. If that wasn't a problem, why would this be? Seriously, it was soooooo tiny. At the time I had my knee flexed pretty hard stretching the tendons/ligaments and rubbing the incision with coco butter, working on getting things loosened up. The fluid looked to me just like the fluid they aspirate out of a swollen joint. Been there, done that a few times!
 
Back
Top Bottom