Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 Janet, are you sure that cat with the ear tip off isn't a ferrel cat? Around here, they will catch them, spay/ neuter, then crop the tip of the ear off before returning them to "the wild". I think the powers that be finally realized that the ferrel cats have a very profound job to perform in our neighborhoods. Food for thought. If that is the case, the poor kitty may be overly cautious of people.

Getting to be a drag is an understatement. I really want to go to Colorado Springs to visit my friend and the same with Clearwater. Between not knowing when Mom is going to get worse or even die and not knowing what days I will be able to walk, it's frustrating. I would consider renting a little hover round thing but I think they are super expensive. <sigh> Guess I will figure it out.

Mary
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@wolf woman Wolfy, I'm positive she wasn't ferel. Once Ozzie left and she felt safe she came right out and purred for me and let me pet her. She was super sweet. Now whether she's spayed I have no idea. I didn't pick her up. I really didn't want to handle her much to avoid bringing anything in to our cat. After I petted her I washed my hands thoroughly. Lots of people in our neighborhood have cats so she may very well belong out here (we're rural) and I've just never seen her before. Maybe she strayed a little further from her home or something. If she reappears I'll do more investigating for sure.

I'm sorry about your mom. I was in the same boat with both mom and dad before they passed 94 days apart. Dad died after suddenly taking a turn for the worse and mom died 17 days after being diagnosed with lung cancer. They were both in the nursing home at the time. It's hard to know what to do or how far away you feel comfortable going. On the one hand, you still have a life to live and they would want you to live it. On the other hand, you fear being away if you are needed. So, I totally get where you are coming from there. My mom and dad were 120 miles from me and luckily the day I got the call to come for dad I made it in time. With mom I stayed with her during her last 5 days, non stop. It's a tough call for sure. I'm not sure of the cost of the hover rounds but maybe if it allowed you to visit your friends it would be worth it.
 
@gr82cu2 Sorry you had a rough time on Saturday but glad it turned around and you are feeling better. It does seem to be a journey even a few weeks out with ups and downs. Hopefully a lot more ups than downs.:loll:Not much longer until you have a matched set of new knees! Have a great day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet, If you decide to get more kitties make sure you get them tested before bringing them home to Mini. I don't know about there, but here a lot of the shelters, stores etc. don't test them. That's how we ended up with feline leukemia in our house.
Have a great day!
 
@ConnieJOS Thanks! I think I may actually try and sleep in bed tonight!
@Minnie's knees It is most definitely an up and down journey. I haven't been up and around enough this morning to know if today is an up day or a down day. I'm always stiff and sore in the mornings, even before surgery.
@tiredwife Yes, I would definitely do that. That's one of the reasons we got Tucker from a breeder. At the time we had 3 other cats and I just couldn't take the chance on getting a shelter kitty and introducing disease into the house. I think the shelters around here do test more now than they used to. It will be awhile until we are ready to get another one or two I imagine. I sure can't chase after kittens right now or in the near future.
 
I just went up and down the stairs to our basement family room! One foot in front of the other like a big girl :) Whoohoo!!!! Didn't even hurt too bad. I needed to go down there cause that's where my sewing machine is and I needed to mend a pair of slacks for my father in law. We are meeting them for lunch today for her birthday. Happy! Happy!! :happydance:
 
@gr82cu2 Congrats on walking the stairs like a big girl, major accomplishment!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Way to go!!!!
 
Thanks Jackie! I've been so scared of going down stairs but for some reason when I started down there I forgot I was scared and just went on down like a boss :) :)
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, hubby has to remind himself to go down the right way because of all the years he has done it the other way. I still say the stairs are some of the best exercise for your knees. Remember to exercise the old knee too so it will be strong for it's new knee in November.
 
@gr82cu2 Wow you are so lucky I just can't seem to do it every time I put my bad leg down the LTKR just won't go next it just out right says woooo up there Im not ready its like it has a mind of its own and can see what I'm about to do. I can lift it and try to put it down but nope just not happening.:shrug:

Julie
 
Well, today is not good I don't think. It's back to the Saturday ache I had....hip down to foot. Blah! 2 steps forward, one step back. Good morning everybody!
 
@gr82cu2 Good Morning Janet and evening here.

Thats the sort of pain I get Im glad I'm not alone :sad:.

You seem to be a strong woman I don't think you will let it get you down to long.:)

Julie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet you probably overdid it a bit and your leg is letting you know. Hubby had that hip to foot pain for about three or four days. It finally just went away. We think his was from a nerve.
 
Back
Top Bottom