TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 early morning surgery is good. I had my first one done at 7:30 on a Monday. This was going to be the same, but I had to change the date because Joe will be out of town for a day next week and wouldn't be home to pick me up from the hospital. So now mine is 11:30 on a Friday. I know I will be starving by the time I can eat. You're lucky you only have to be there 2 hours before surgery. I have to be there at 7:30!!!!! The PA said that sometimes they take you earlier so they want you there in plenty of time....but four hours????
You will have to let me know the closer you get to your surgery date how you feel about knowing what to expect. My nerves are really starting to get the best of me. We just got home around 5 from our golf trip. I have been up since 1:15 this morning. I literally just couldn't sleep!!!!! I can't believe I'm still awake now, but I'm not even sleepy yet. I don't remember being this nervous last time. Not too much longer!!!!!
 
@Yorkimom It sounds like they want you there so early in case they have a last minute cancellation in front of you. Four hours is crazy! Two hours I can understand. It took close to that long for them to get me prepped and ready for the OR. I'm sorry you are feeling so anxious and nervous. You need your rest now to be strong and ready for your operation. Hopefully you will be able to calm your mind and sleep tonight. You'll be in your own bed in your own home so that should help. For me, I don't think I'll be worried about the actual surgery the next time but I will most definitely dread starting over with recovery. But then, I know I can move forward and finally be done with this knee pain once and for all. Try and keep your eye on the prize.....no more painful knees!!! Lots of us here will be thinking of you and cheering you on. Hang in there :)
 
@gr82cu2 Hello Janet! You are sooooo brave! When I saw the NP at my surgeons office on Monday, I told her there was no way I was going to do another knee four months after the first. In retrospect, I should have done them both at once. Then again, I may not have lived through it.

I will be eager to read your posts after your next surgery. Somehow, it seems like knowing what you are in for will make it a bit easier to cope. Fear of the unknown is hell, at least it was for me.

Reading about your surgery times and how early you had to arrive made me realize that I have no idea what time my surgery was. Wow, I was a total basket case!

If you think about it, please keep me up on what your weather is going to be like next weekend. I will be in Indy from the 25th thru 28th. I'm a very light packer, would like to know what two pieces of clothing to bring! :egypdance:

Mary
 
Hello Mary @wolf women

Another "snap for us".

Several years ago I was on an inspection tour of vocational colleges in South Africa and was to be there for 2 weeks.

And only had one piece of carry-on luggage, clothes matching colours and easy to wash out in hotel.

The teachers that collected me from the airport, first thought that my checked luggage must have been lost.:loll:
Take care,
Cathie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet - Wow can't believe how much of your thread I have missed! Sorry! No alerts! Hope you are doing better! Have a great day!
 
Yesterday was a very bad, miserable, not good day. My leg ached from hip to foot all day long. Today has been an almost 100% turn around :) When I first woke up this morning it was still hurting and feeling extra stiff but once I moved around a little it loosened up and felt better. I stood and colored my hair, showered, sorted laundry and got it going and felt fine with very little stiffness. This afternoon I've been icing between loads of laundry and breaking up the neighbor's cat fights on the front porch and it feels decent. It's a little more stiff now than earlier in the day but bearable. Things seem to finally be getting better. Hope I don't have to eat those words later, LOL!!!
 
When they say it is a journey, they dont tell you it is a very long journey!

Or, we dont listen!

Just reflect while you are going about the drudgery of normal living, six months ago you would have gladly accepted todays version of reality.

I am ten weeks out from my tkr, and life is good. If you stop and look for it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Reebok I was catching up on your thread earlier today. Yours is another BS dropped the alerts on for me. It seems like you are doing well, all in all. Yes, it is a very long journey. One I'll be happy to see end one day.

@tiredwife I'm trying not to count my chickens before the eggs hatch. As much whining as I've done on here I figured I better share a little good news too. We just finished dinner and I'm back down, icing as usual. Hopefully tomorrow will be another step forward and not one back. I was pretty active today so we'll see.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, sure glad you are better than yesterday! I think we all have those days when the pain comes around to remind us that we are not quite on the other side of recovery. I'm having one of those days today. In fact, I am propped up in bed with my ice pump while catching up on my iPad. We got this! Dancing days are coming! Mary
 
Thanks @tiredwife and @wolf woman . Mary, sorry you're having the day I had yesterday. I didn't mean to pass it over to you, I swear :) I'd like to receive no more reminders as I'm sure you would also. This is getting to be a drag for sure.

On another note, this afternoon we were sitting here watching TV.....well, Kent was and I was trying to nap and we heard kitties growling out on the porch. I went out there and Ozzie was out there but didn't seem ruffled other than his tail was a little poofed. He wasn't growling or anything and the growling was coming from somewhere under the bushes. Ozzie trotted off so we went looking for the source of the growling and there was the prettiest little calico in there. We've never seen her before. I got her calmed down and she came out and purred for me and rubbed on me. She seemed pretty thin so I came in and got some canned cat food from when we still had Tucker and took out to her but she wasn't the least bit interested. So, she must not be lost or missing from her food source for too long. She was clean and well groomed but did have a small fresh wound on her right ear. Her left ear tip was completely gone but was obviously old. Since then Mini has been spending a lot of time in that window looking out but I thinks she's gone on now. I'd love to have another baby but not an outside one. I've been thinking after I get healed up from my 2nd knee we'll look into getting a couple of sibling kittens maybe. But then, Mini has been a very happy only child so I don't know.

Anyway, have a good night all!
 
Back
Top Bottom