Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 If your muscle wasn't cut then that is probably why you could lift it. I haven't heard of them just shoving it aside, wouldn't that cause a lot of muscle bruising? The leg bruising stays quite awhile. If it feels like something is poking maybe a bone chip got left in, have they x-rayed it lately? Your pain shouldn't jump that much upon standing. Maybe 1 or 2 points but not 4 or 5, sounds like something to talk to PT and your surgeon about.

Sorry about Tucker, sounds like he is getting miserable. Poor little guy!

Well, I need to head to the hospital and try to spring hubby.

Hope you have a better day!
 
@tiredwife I hope you're able to get hubby out reasonably early and don't have to wait around all day. Hospitals are such a drag.

I think what they did to me is called quad sparing surgery. I asked them beforehand if that's what they did and they said yes they do as long as they are able to and get the implant placed correctly. Since I've been able to lift my leg, my quad isn't sore, I'm pretty certain they were able to do mine that way. They x-rayed in the OR before they brought me out and while I was still asleep. I think they will x-ray again this Thursday when I go for my follow up. The poking thing is only occasionally. It feels like things are out of alignment, sometimes. But, I had these feelings in my natural knee before when it would swell. I think all that fluid sort of forces things in and out of places they aren't meant to be. I don't have any fears that the implant isn't sitting right or anything.

I slept untethered to the cooling ice machine last night for the first time. It was nice and I stood up easier this morning. At times I've felt like that water line, which is actually kind of heavy, was keeping my leg in an odd position and didn't allow for me to move my leg much during sleep. So, when I woke up it would feel very stiff but this morning it wasn't as bad as it has been.

I also didn't set my alarm for meds in the night and that went well too. I didn't even have to get up to potty. I slept straight through 7 hours. I was so comfy this morning when I woke up. My nest felt like I was floating on a cloud and I had zero pain in my leg. Kent was grinding coffee or I wouldn't have woken up when I did. The smell of coffee forced me out of my nest.

Have a great day everybody!
 
@gr82cu2 Janet so glad you had a better night. I think it is all trial and error trying to find what works best for yourself. Hubby over did it yesterday and had a painful night (6) , His pain started easing a little so now he is napping waiting for PT because he can't leave til after PT. I think part of the reason he was hurting was that he was so pleased he could lift his leg this time that he kept doing it. He also had a long PT and practiced stairs and a shower. and walked the whole hall. You have a great day.
 
@gr82cu2, I am so sorry Tucker is failing. It just breaks my heart as our pets are part of the family and it's so hard when they aren't doing well. Keep icing and elevating. Unfortunately that probably is the only thing that you can do right now. You are still early in recovery. You sound like me when I had my first surgery. I do what I'm supposed to do and let's get on with it. Unfortunately our knees have other ideas.
Wow @marmora a 20 minute walk is awesome at this stage. You are doing great!
@tiredwife I hope your hubby is doing good and you have been asking care of yourself. Well, everyone is ready, so it's off to the beach.......my three day beach vacation once a year. Have a good day everyone.:flwrysmile:
 
We lost one older cat to lymphoma about six months ago, and our 8-year-old cat just got diagnosed with an aggressive large-cell lymphoma. Our first vet put the first cat on prednisone, and it wasn't helping. It was only after some internet research that we learned most cats need prednisolone, not prednisone. We brought it up with the vet, who essentially said, "oh, yeah--Prednisolone is better--I gave you the prednisone because we didn't have prednisolone." Got it elsewhere, and the cat did better on it--for a while. Our current lymphoma cat went on it right away, and it's really been helping. We also added an oral chemo drug, leukran. He's acting and eating much like his normal self. You might already know the prednisone vs. prednisolone thing, but if you don't, the info just might bring you more quality time with your cat. Hope this or something else helps.
 
@Big Tuna Thanks for the information. Tucker is on Prednisolone. We had to go to a compounding pharmacy to get it for him. Unfortunately, in our case it doesn't seem to be helping. We chose not to go the chemo route with Tucker after everything was explained to us. The way it was explained was that it wouldn't cure him and would only give him a few more months, at best. And we would end up right where we are now anyway. The cost to do chemo was a factor also. If it would have cured him we would have done it but otherwise we just couldn't justify it. We hoped to buy him a few months with the Prednisolone but it just isn't looking like we'll get that with him.

I'm so sorry you lost kitty and are now faced with this again. @Yorkimom is right. Our pets are our family and it is heart breaking when we have to say good bye to them. I hope you kitty continues to do well on the treatment plan you have him on now. Best wishes!
 
Friends, Tucker had taken a marked turn for the worse overnight and this morning. We have just gotten home from sending him over the Rainbow Bridge. I don't think it's ever been so hard for me to say goodbye.

Rest In Peace Sweet Pea! It was so hard to let you go.

Tucker 2/18/08 - 8/10/14
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
My condolences for your loss. It was a loving decision, but I know that doesn't make it any easier. The hardest part of being a pet parent is the last part.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
My condolences for Tucker's passing. He will be waiting for you.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
@gr82cu2 I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Tucker, they are an important part of the family we lost our dear Abbey she was a dashound and the most friendly dog you could wish for, We still miss her and think of her often. keeping you in my thoughts and prayers laurie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, find comfort in the fact that you did the right thing, no more suffering for Tucker. It is hard and sad, but he couldn't go on the way he was. Give extra care to Mini because he will be sad too.
 
Thanks everyone. I'm just having a really hard time coming to grips with this loss. Just a few weeks ago he was a beautiful, healthy, playful kitty and now he's gone. He had always been such a healthy cat. It's just really hard, so hard. We should have had him for many more years.
 
I lost your thread for a few days. Sorry to hear about Tucker. You were a good cat guardian to him.
 
@g82cu2
So very sorry to hear of Tuckers's passing, thinking of you and family.
 
@gr82cu2 You do not have to apologize for grieving, you lost a member of your family. Try to remember the fun things about Tucker and the pictures. It will get easier over time, but you will never forget. Prayers to you and your family
 
@gr82cu2, I am so so sorry to hear about Tucker's passing. It is so hard losing our pets, as they are our babies. I know your heart is broken right now, but take comfort in that you gave Tucker a loving home and he knew he was loved. Let all the fun memories that you have of Tucker bring you comfort. Sending hugs. Anne
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom