MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

Do come - I've got a spare room. And two cats!
 
OK, sounds good! I'll bring my 7 kitties and we'll all have a grand old time! With all that soft fur around me, who would need pain pills?!
 
Having lived half my life in the NW and the other half in the SE of the UK I can safely say the SE is warmer but they speak a little different - haha!
I must say the GP I saw was extremely nice too. She’s new to the surgery but not new to doctoring.
As an update inside knee and inside ankle aching today. I am again laid in bed at 3 am iced up waiting for meds to kick in. Not feeling sleepy though!
 
Lol, My cat cuddled next to me everyday of my recovery! He is my “ therapy cat”.
 
It’s when your 3 year old grandson says it’s not bath Grandma it’s barth!
Woke up twice last night, iced each time, time awake was approx an hour and half. This seems to be the norm at the mo.
Short walk by the sea this morning. First proper walk since taking it easier and Gatwick day on Tuesday. Thought I’d do a short walk each day see if it affects the knee at night. Got on static bike tonight and managed full rotation with pedal in middle of relevant foot. Uncomfortable but not really painful. Sat watching TV icing at the moment.
 
Went out Sunday night, not late, still in bed by 11 pm. I had normal day on Monday but boy was I drained. Not sure it was night out or the Zomorph! Anyway gave way to resting between usual short walk, shopping, 5 mins on bike and getting up n ready. Still sleeping better but still waking for an hour or so twice a night. Tramadol reduced to 4. Can’t seem to give up the 5 am one which is the one I’m waiting to kick in now. Just about to get up and ice.
 
I bet it was the combination of the two. You're doing right by listening to your body and obeying it!
 
Still in pain-still taking the pain meds. Got down to 4 Tramadol and taking the 3 10mg Zomorph as well! I can tell when I’ve done too much, sleep pattern changes but good or bad night, still restless most of the night and still waking twice a night for a time.

Trying not to use distraction stuff so my unsleep is not extended (just one more game, just one more ‘friends’ video, just one more Bonesmart thread!)! Not sure it works as the distraction stuff stops me trying for an hour to get comfortable!

Zomorph zonking me out if I take in the morning - don’t like how it makes me feel so taking all three during the night which helps. :)
 
Coming up to 17 weeks: Not a good day today! Quick local food shop this am. Short drive down the coast to the sewing machine repair shop (yep it’s broken!). Then the cinema to see ‘Darkest Hour’. Thought i’d be ok as only 2 hour film and had loads of leg room to stretch out. Elevated and rested between each event and this evening too but it’s aching, it’s stiff, it’s painful, it’s swollen and it’s hot! Rest day tomorrow I guess!
 
Haha funny! @Josephine never again (for a while anyway). V painful tonight! Beyond a 7 I’d say. I love the cinema, I’ll send out for popcorn n settle with dvds from now on....:sad:
 
Dvds, popcorn, ice and elevation! Now, that's a perfect movie! When I first went to the movies after my tkr, I found one that had reclining chairs in the handicapped area. That made a whole of difference! But, after the movie going out was really scary with all those people at one time. I ended up sitting back down until almost everyone was gone! Anything to prevent a fall!
 
Wow recliners that’d be good. Don’t think we have those here not at ours anyway. I held back too but cinema wasn’t too full. It was walking down the steps toddler style that would’ve held people up. It’s the popcorn I miss the packet stuff from the supermarket just doesn’t cut it. I love salt popcorn.
 
Copied from a reply I made in another thread but thought it was appropriate for my thread too
I appreciate the worry about the ROM too, more so lately as I can’t see it changing - I have the stationary bike side onto a mirror (nice sight). I can’t believe so many Bonesmart people are so wrong and that ROM will eventually arrive. We have to have faith in those that it’s happened to however difficult it is to believe. There’s too many of them!!! I can’t wait for the day I’ll have full ROM back and can ride my bikes, stationary and real, once again. It’ll be epic
:bicycle1:

We are off for a mini break this week 2 nights at Hever Hotel near Hever Castle. I’m looking forward to it and hoping the travel ice packs I’ve ordered will be deliver by then otherwise it’s asking the hotel to keep my gel packs in their freezer. I will try not to do too much. I will try not to do too much. I will try ...........
 
hey Gel-girl...yes, do have faith. it took me over 7 months before i could pedal a full rotation on my city bike and since then i've lowered the seat 3 times, put on resistance and no pain; also using our rowing machine and i pedal-boated in the sea in jamaica with my friend ~ no pain at all at 10 months post-op. up until finally being able to pedal my bike, i was also frustrated. one day i noticed walking down my stairs alternate feet that my knee felt more flexible; got on my bike and bam! no looking back.

just wondering ~ are you elevating as shown in the articles here? i was never elevating properly until i got my foam elevating device (lounge doctor) although there are other wedge-type devices, or home-made pillow devices you can use. i still use it in bed sometimes. it's supposed to be good even for people that have not had TKR's, to help with swelling after a busy day on your feet ~ at least that's what the brochure says. enjoy your mini-break this week.:flwrysmile:
 
Oh man, you get to mini-break at a castle! Around here we get a log cabin or a tiny old Colonial house or something on that scale. Not complaining, just saying a castle is so cool! I hope you enjoy your break! Let us know how your travel ice packs work.

ROM comes gradually, which can be a bit like watching a pot boil. You keep watching and watching... is that a bubble? It really helps if you can stop watching the pot and just do something else, or in the case of knees just move on with life a little. Keep it sensible, listen to the knee, but move on. Some people take more time getting there than others but, as @liam2015 says, you get there and will be riding your bikes again. :loveshwr:
 
@liam2015 yep still elevating any time I can plus always when I Ice! Don’t elevate in bed though, I find it uncomfortable but if I’m up in the night I do which isn’t as often as it used to be. Thanks for the heads up on the bike.....can’t wait.
@SusieShoes think I might need to do a bit more stretching to help my Rom along perhaps. Not too much obviously! I hope we get to Hever Castle we’ve been out on a weather alert for snow and you know how the uk can’t cope with snow!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom