MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

Oh yea leg swelling medium and gets so hot hence all the icing.
 
Perhaps I should ask for a blood test to check the liver?
I never did but there would be no harm in it.
I feel I’m doing ok it’s just not quick enough. I’m a bit fed up with the pain
This is all because you are doing too much. Most pain is caused by this. If we were more gentle and kind to our knees, there wouldn't be any! But you're 14 weeks out and it's time now that your knee was settling down and becoming more normal. But you're keeping it in a state of irritation and inflammation so that's why it's going on so long for you.
 
Thanks again Josephine - I've been taking it easier the last two days and cut down the codeine and ibrupofen - didn't know if I should cut them out altogether straight away so cutting down and will stop altogether in a couple of days - just in time to see the GP. I'm still in pain and not sleeping too well but much better than before - I just get a bit bored and figity - I'll have to take up knitting or crocheting again!
 
Right swill do. Cheers

I’m flying back home in a couple of days. When I flew here, it’s only 2.5 hour flight I wore my compression socks which I will do again and as mine are quite comfortable I’m quite happy to do that. The question is should I wear the tubigrip I wore coming out round my knee which as the journey progressed it became more and more uncomfortable, the swelling that happed I guess. Anyway will it help or not?
 
I’ve stopped the codeine and ibuprofen and all the walking. I’m still carrying out Adl so my steps are down to about 2000 with 3000 tops. Knee is ok during the day but still keeping me awake at night. The pains at night are less stabbing and more aching over the last few nights. I have been waiting for the next set of meds to settle down to sleep again.

So flew back home today. Wore my lovely green compression stocking but not my tubigrip round my knee. Still going down steps one at a time but I noticed when I went up steps they I wasn’t quite as heavy legged and a bit more natural Bend was there - only a bit more mind. Walking is better. I’m walking slower and more deliberate and it felt more natural.

Boy was it cold here when we got off the plane luckily the cold doesn’t affect me arthritis wise. Home now with gel round my knee. Should have done it earlier but it was so cold when we got in. I have still got my jeans on so don’t really know how swollen it is but does not fill the jeans like it normally does so I reckon it’s fine. My leg is aching at my ankle, my knee especially the back and the back of my thigh towards my groin. This will be the walking I have done today. Over 6000 steps. Lots of rest tomorrow.
 
Gel-girl, this isn't Facebook so it's unnecessary to quote a post just to reply to it and you certainly don't need to quote your own post either! Just scoot on down to the bottom of the page where it says "write your reply" and start typing! Unless there is some specific phrase you want to address, of course - like I just did! Then do it like this How to quote a post.

Thanks for understanding! :)
 
I’m using the app. Sorry still getting used to it.
 
No worries. I'm sure you'll get used to it!
 
Bad day today. Lost quite a bit of sleep last night including my usual couple of hours 2-4 am. I thought I’d be tired due to the journey! Aching, itching (where my ankle socks were) and heavy pain inside of knee. Bad day today too. Same pain inside of knee. I’ve had this pain before. Before my new knee too. It’s also always a little tender when I try to massage the pain away. Laid in bed with ice trying to sleep. Back of knee hurting now and top of thigh. Does it never end!
 
It does get better, in time. You are a little over 1/4 of the way through this year long recovery. The best you can do for your knee is to ice, elevate and rest. I know everyone gets tired of reading this, but it really is the best way to recover from this surgery.
 
Hugs for your bad day! :console2:

I don’t use the app, I just go to Bonesmart on the internet using my phone. I don’t have any issues.
 
I also go to the internet and go to Bonesmart.org when I'm on my phone and away from my laptop.
 
Yep ice elevate rest. It works! Hopefully have a better day today. The app is better for short writes I think
 
Went to see GP today about pain meds. She has told me to up my 10 mg slow release zomorph from one a night to 2 over the night time and one in the morning and to start reducing my Tramadol slowly during the day. Happy for me to carry on taking the gabapentin and paracetamol. As hews an aside she’s also referring me for injection on my golfers elbow as physio muscle training making it worse! Sorry off subject...

It is difficult to know if I’m better since I started resting more because of the plane trip taking it out of me! I had some pain again today specifically outside of knee and front of knee a couple of times but the inside of knee in the tender area has been painful aactual throbbing pain on and off today. Laid in bed iced up waiting for meds to kick in. Feeling sleepy.
 
Yippee for your GP giving you more meds! I hope they work for you.
 
I couldn't even get Tramadol for my broken foot and ankle. My kitty had bad arthritis and if I got Tramadol for her from my vet, she had to log it. It's really crazy in Virginia and I bet other states here, too. Maybe I'll move to the UK when I have to get my left knee replaced! :heehee:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom