Gonna be long wait for me & others sagas as well - help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheryl, you have so much on your plate right now! No wonder you hurt! Fortunately your BoneSmartie friends are here and you can cry, complain and talk all you want! We have been in your shoes as far as the knees go, and believe me WE UNDERSTAND! :friends:
 
Thank you Sonja, i really do think of you all as my friends ans bonesmart family. I know this is a Knee Forum, but in all honesty , of all the forums I have belonged to, not one comes close to the warmth found here. Belong to a IC forum and never get an answer back from not one soul. its not just me others on there would feel the same way, its very clicky, and people speak to who they want too. But I stay with it, and not really post too much, have a few friends, but the site has been there since 2000,and has a wealth of information in their libraries, just like here, and i stick with it, because i can learn so much from the old posts and libraries they have, but that's about it. If your really hurting, it would not be the place to go for support and comfort, I have seen posts never get answers.
Although i belonged to a forum similar forum to this one, except they dealt with diff forums from arthritis to Alzheimer's to adhd, everything under the sun. And they were good about support too, I may rejoin, as they may have more information for my back right now.

Wish me luck today, i am going to a falcons game( GA- its scary and exciting all at once), My knee braces finally fit with the weight loss,so gonna have hubby put them on for me. its too hard for me. and should help just a little with the knees,

Its things like this I do not want to miss out on due to pain, so I am loading up the percs today. hubby driving we are staying in hotel, so, down those percs go, gonna try to enjoy this game,, good thing they don't make me loopy, just sorta takes the edge off. What is strong enough or this kind of pain? I know this (percocet) wouldn't cut i t (no pun intended!!!) My pain in back now is worse than my knees, but i know the pain after a tkr is a very acute one and can be intolerable without the right pain killer to manage your pain. They gave me dilauded when i was in ER, worked very well for me, but i don't expect them to give me that.I want a pump or a patch of some sort. long acting painkiller, w/o popping pills all the time, as is i have to to go to gyno every two weeks to get a script of 40 of them, barely last me those two weeks at all, its not enough. but that's all he says he legally can prescribe me as a gyno and not PM, but since he figured out i don't have a female prob, he know my severe pain is coming from somewhere, he is pretty positive is some thing wrong with my sacral area, which i knew before, but not like this, never experienced anything this bad pain wise before except maybe back labor pain during child birth, OK maybe not to that degree, but at times yes its that bad.

So I guess right now throwing the knees in the mix isn't going help me right now,?first things first, hoping the braces really help some today. And for all you arthritis sufferers( who isn't one>!? ) the cold air reaks havoc on your old back and knees. So i will dress very warmly, although its an indoor game, 72 degrees. so should be comfy, but will bring a sweater just in case. My poor late MIL who passed abut 2 years at the young age of 82, was freezing in 85 degree weather. Is this an old people thing?, or do some people just so cold blooded they freeze a lot. i figure for me it could be meds, but was always this way though. She had been on a blood thinner for awhile, but not in that last several years. i cant take nsaids( they kill my stomach, but if i sneak in couple days of coated Advil for like 3 days i can get by with a few days , but then its too much on my tummy, so that's not it. I think for me ,its just old man winter acting up, hate to say it wish it were summer again, can relax in pool, which helped pain a little bit. And crank ac when inside. We always want what we don't have!?
Ok I know my posts get lengthy, and maybe a bit hard on the eyes some time, so i will end here, and just reiterate how much I love all all you bonesmarties, and your support, and hope soon, when things subside a little, I can get back on everyday and check everyone's posts, and comment, and be supportive too. I do on the emails i get. but not lately on the new comers, just haven't had time, but vacation coming up and hopefully i will have all stuff organized and where i want them to be and packed as much as i can for when we move in May,I don't want to wait til last minute. Hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful Christmas season.:merrychr:
thanks again. Love...Sheryl , if can i may try and post from my HTC STATUS about how I am fairing at the game. Its ice little phone but gonna get a free 3 x bigger Samsung galaxy s 3. May even be a note edition.on march the first, my son too, hubby and daughter already have theirs, they love it, cant wait, will be able to read phone better with out those tiny keys to push, this will be all touch screen, will be a learning curve for me, but my son knows how, he will teach me, my daughter knows how she can help, and my Flintstones hubby can do it, so can I. LOL Take care....:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you Josephine , hopefully we can get this worked out.:flwrysmile:
 
but that's all he says he legally can prescribe me as a gyno and not PM>> That is such BS. It does make sense that he doesnt want to treat you for something that is not in his field..but not legal...Grrrrr...

I can only take Dilaudid and morphine for pain. Been on Dilaudid since April. Just a drug that works for me. I hope that you can find someone that will give you the drugs you need for pain relief.
 
Dilaudid and Morphine. I am so sorry Merry that you have to take such strong drugs to get relief. Diluad put me to sleep, and Morphine had me seeing all kinds of things. They were always pleasant, but my hubby got a laugh out of it when he went to visit at the hospital on our anniversary! I thought they had moved me into a beautiful room, an the burritos that I had requested were "the best I ever tasted!" I thanked the nurses, aides and everyone who came through the door for putting me in such a beautiful room for our anniversary. The next morning when I woke up, I hit the call button wanting to know why they had moved me out of my beautiful room! They said they had heard the story and everyone got a lot of chuckles out of it!
 
How did you do at the football game? I thought about you as I caught a part of the game on tv!
 
thanks Sonja..I am fine. They give me Morphine in the hospital to "up" the pain meds if I need it. At home, just the dilaudid but I can easily drive with it. It definitely takes the edge off the hip pain after using it for my knees and my hand surgeries. Doing fine..Just looking forward to new hip.
 
Hi all, haven't been on for a while a lot going on, family matters and we are moving in may.
I need thoughts and prayers this Thursday morning as I am going to a Pain Management specialist, more so for the horrible pelvic and sacral spine pain i am having right now than my knees. My PCP an uro and gyno have kept me in pain killers til now, they are the only thing right now helping me live any kinda of life, to even get out of bed, i need prayers he will continue to help me with the meds, and what ever else he can do, or add to shots whatever, they never helped in the past, but I am willing to try again.
My gyno swears no female probs, that pelvic perineal area, and buttocks are due to sacral spine issue, which i have a history of, so please pray they help in any way they can.
I need to be there for my teenage daughter who is having a very tough time. Thanks in advance for thoughts advice, suporot prayers, anything. Thank you....Sheryl...I am a nervous wreck:boohoo:
 
Well tomorrow is the the day i go to the PM, please pray he continue's to help as the other Dr's have with the meds, its enabled m to walk an lose about 55 lbs, instead of laying in bed crying all day. Walking is better then nothing, i just walk circles around my paved driveway.
Its a long drive, and we are expecting some wintry weather tomorrow. Please we all get safely where we are all going tomorrow, no matter where we are in the country.
The south is a little weird about winter weather, everything gets shut down. i will keep posted as to what he has to say, will except an appt for shots if he suggests them, although, have never helped in the past, but will to try anything, as the sacral nerves and bones are greatly affecting my pelvic area and perineal area and buttocks, and legs, not to mention the ole knees of course, any help he gives me will be welcome. All the other Dr's have helped me, so I am hoping he will continue to too, til we find a more permanent solution. Thank you all so much for your support...Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Sonja, I need all the well wishes, and thoughts and prayers I can get. Right now, the meds, are the only thing getting me through, until we can find a more permanent solution. I am willing to to do shots, whatever he suggests.
I just keep worrying he is going to turn me down on the meds, i don't why I think that, as all the other Kaiser Dr's have helped me to this point til i go to PM.
It helps me walk and clean house. Due to walking around my driveway and just around my house real easy going, I have lost 55 lbs since last July since i have been on meds. I need to remain on them until, Dr can find a more permanent solution.
I appreciate your thoughts and concerns, and will keep posted.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day, May be Friday before i can post.
You of course Sonja and all my other Bonesmart friends are in my prayers as well...Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Lord, please be with Sheryl through these trying times. She has been through so much and the doctor that she is going to tomorrow will also need your guidance in selecting the best options to keep Sheryl out of pain! Lord you said whenever two or more are in agreement it shall be granted. I stand on my faith in you Lord Jesus to not only get Sheryl the pain relief she needs but the peace she needs to endure all that is going on. Let her feel your presence now more than ever Lord. In all these things I ask Lord, Amen. :angel:
 
Thank you oh so much Sonja. Amen.
I shall hold on to that prayer throughout the day.
It shall be a long day. After Dr's must go shopping, for fear of black ice morning, but honestly i think all will be fine, dwon south, we get our panties:rotfl:, in a bunch at the mention of anything frozen.
If not this evening, tomorrow i shall report back about appt. Thank you all for kind special support, I really truly love my Bonesmart friends. Everyone please be well today, and that God will watch over all of us in need, no matter the situation Amen.
 
Sheryl, I hope all went well at the doctors! Hang in there kiddoI You're in our thoughts and we wish you the best!:console2:
 
Thank you Jacky.
Yes all went as well as expected.
He has me on a high dose of Loratab, I prefer Percocet, because the Loratab riles me up, but that's OK i need some riling up, if you know what I mean( just cant take close to bed time, or maybe .5 a few hrs before hand, the nuerotin and Flexerill should counter the wiry from the hydrocodone, and also means, I don't have to go every month either, just every three months, has started me again, on nuerotin, which has helped in the past, and Flexerill.
So hopefully gonna a date with my hubby Sat night, been six months, if you know what i mean.
He took a CBC ad RBC a little low, but I am unable to take iron on b-12 pills, maybe a shot. It not too low, I have been dieting, so may be why.
He also had x rays taken of my knees, will get results in the mail and on line.
I go to a closer facility tomorrow for a ct scan of lower spine and sacral area so we can see what truly going on in there.
I didn't expect to get in that quick for my ct. Roads may be a little dicey in the morning, but i think I am far south enouhg in GA I should be ok and the sun will be up.
I want to thank you all so very much for your love, concern and prayers, and support, i know I can always count on my Bonesmart friends.
I shall keep posted to results.
He did say physically he really could do nothing for me, just ease my pain, he also said i you ever had a uterus you can still have endometriosis. Now that through me for a loop, because alot of my pain i pelvic, but gyno says all is well there, certain ins my sacral area.
Once again my friends thank you....Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Take a day at a time. Don't get into tomarow until tomarrow. Take it slow and you will be ok. I know ist ruff when you have a lot on your plate but remember we are never given more than we can handle. I believe that your family will stand up to the plate when time comes. Take care. Tashia
 
This post is in response to another person's post, but i felt like i was hijacking their post an that this belonged in my own post, but got to figure out how to make a link to direct readers here of they care to read my response, w/o leaving my whole post in their thread, so any way here is goes ( basically about weight loss):

Emmaline, hi again, just re reading your comment. I have been on a very strict diet since last August, for my bladder and gut, and once of the perks of the diet is I have lost 65 pounds in 6 months, down to 160, from 225. I am short and small framed, so I have a very stringent goal, of 100 to 105, as that's where I feel my body feel the healthiest, and my small frame can handle the low weight I shall be, as any more than 110, my body cant handle the extra weight, such as the knees of course (but we all knees can still hurt at 105, and mine did. But the lower weight will at the very least, be kinder to my knees, back, and core of body, until i can surgically fix them to where, between small in weight and size and fixed knees, that I will finally feel better.
I will be at healthy weight for me, walking w/knees that don't hurt, no longer taking pain meds to endure, house cleaning, walking and light exercise like yoga, and most importantly having sex with hubby with out being in pain.
As i am on high dose of pain med for my severe bladder, back conditions right now, and letting the knees take a back seat right now, til other issues are addressed. ( When have knees finally done will prob have switch meds to some thing like Dilaudid to counter the pain, as it will be diff pain med then I am now, and will work to counter the pain, instead of the meds i am currently on now, but I got a ways to go, 44 now, maybe close to 50 before knees get done, for health and other personal issues.)
PM said he may never be able to do anything for my back or pelvic pain,except give me pain pills as there is nothing else he can do, except make me comfortable, to be more active Warning..must remember just because the pain is masked, to def not overdue, in which i did yesterday( mall walking for 3 hours straight, big NO NO!!), so i have to learn and pretend so to speak, that i am in recovery( although I am not), and remember slow and easy wins the race.
Sorry, feel like i hijacked your thread. I think I shall copy and paste and put in my thread. Cant remember title name, its in pre-op. About saga and other things under sheryl7.
The main reason i felt compelled to post to your comment, is that you said you were back on track with a 1200 calorie diet, and that basically, when I reach my goal weight 1200 or 1300 will be my maintenance amt of calories a day so i remain at goal weight, eating around 1300 on a daily basis to maintain goal weight.
As i am eating around 600-800 a day now, and when i finally get to goal, I will continue to eat the the same strict dietary foods, but twice as much , so i no longer lose weight( but do keep up activity), but i will not do it over night, once reach that goal, i will slowly add maybe add 50-100 calories a day for a week, until i after several weeks, have worked up to that goal of 1300 calories a day to maintain.
I want to do it slowly like that, because as a young teen, my mother put me on a crash diet where i lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks, but when goal was reached, i ate like a pig and got very sick, and put every bit of it back on and then some.
I now know my diet I have now will be my diet for the rest of my life, just increased amt of it when the time comes, for many reasons, to help bladder/gut( have a condition where my the food I eat, what ever it is, digests super slowly, therefore i have a very slow metabolism. So eventually I will have to eat like a person who has had a gastric bypass to maintain. Like for my 1300 calories a day maintenance, ideally if i can my goal is to eat 100 calories a hour or two through out the day to maintain my goal, and have tricked mt metabolism into working faster as well.
That may not be ideal for everyone, but its what works for me, and i just felt compared to share my dietary needs, and health issues.
I think I will just cut and paste and put in this in my own thread and just set a link in here if any one cares to read it.
Thanks for listening and i hope you reach your goal, and find your way to maintain with a new lifestyle of eating to keep that goal weight. Take care, and may we all get to where we need to be weight, health, mental, spiritual, wise....:friends:
 
Sheryl I am new here & I see this thread was back in Dec, but I want you to know that I felt so bad for you while reading it. You have been through so much already! Please don't count on your kids being gone by 18 or even 21. :) Kids nowdays seem to live at home for much longer than in the past especially when they have it made at home. I would like to suggest that you have someone talk to your kids on your behalf. Teenagers don't like listening to parents, but they will sometimes listen to another adult. Perhaps you could have your doctor talk to your family & explain to them the pain you are living in. It might shock them to hear it from an authority figure. It wouldn't hurt to have your husband hear it also! I think your family needs a wake up call......

Sheryl if you decide to have knee surgery, is there any other family member or friend that could help you for two weeks? You will need alot of help because you also have the other problem to deal with at the same time. I'm thinking you might need a commode beside your bed for a little while, but who would empty it? I'm wondering if your family is up to that or not?

Whatever you decide, good luck to you!! By the way, where is your other thread so that I can go read it?

1Elisea, its nice to know someone else was also worried about metal sensitivites! My doctor said the same thing to me when I told him to do the worst one first. He said Which one? hah
 
Thanks scared, you got to know my family to understand the situation. My 13.5 year daughter is a very sloppy materialist typical, yet high functioning autism ( Asperger's syndrome, bipolar, ADHD, possibly tourettes) So that's a whole new ball park, there is no way if I were to have a tkr in the near future that she would step up to the plate as Tashia stated.
She would still expect me to continue to do all i do now, and be catered too.
She is kinda spoiled, partly our fault, partly just her nature and who she is and her disorder's, perhaps when she is a bit older, more responsible, will clean after her self, possibly learn to have that empathy she is lacking at this stage, which is somewhat typical of a young teen her age, but with her issues, is more intensified.
Hoping as time goes by this shall diminish, to where I know that when I am recovering from such a serious surgery as a tkr, that at the very least i wont have to be cleaning up after her sloppy messes. And now is just not the time.
Son same way, I am just not up to such a hard recovery, knowing my house will go to Hades so to speak.
Hubby works 2 jobs, def cleans after himself, and when time allows would def step up to the plate and help where could, but just not enough time to pick up the slack.
And no i really have no close friends near me, most are across the country, including my sister.
Unfortunately my extended(in laws, not parent in laws, they have passed on, but the siblings), do not care for me too much, never have in the past 20+ years of this relationship.
And to boot, we are also moving about 100 miles north of where we are now this May, hoping in a new school, my daughter will do better with a new start, w/o all the mean cruel youngsters she has known the past 10 years.
She will be entering high school. She is very high maintenance, is a cutter( bipolar trait, she purposely cuts herself to eliminate emotional pain an anguish( and no a mental hospital would be a horrible idea, they make them zombies, and she will learn new ways of self destruction from other patients, been there done that, with my brother some 30+ years ago.)
We are still working on her meds, she is on a pretty good regimen, well the best one so far, but may need to add a Valium or a clonidine to the mix to calm her nerves and cutting( I also realize meds are not the answer to everything,but in some cases they are necessary to survive, have found psychologists to be parent bashers, so i am some what her phycholgist so to speak)
She has been on clondine before(worked but made her to drowsy, but feel now older in very small amt may be useful, i know a Valium helps because i gave her one, but wont do that again w/o doctors permission, but clonidine is not a controlled substance,and may be more acceptable to doc), but she was so young it wasn't for her at that time, current doc not willing to scribe this,so when move will discuss with new doc, it would be for the afternoon's when she gets home from school, as that's when she feels the worst.
her older brother is unkind to her, no matter what we say or do, so once he is out, things may calm down, so not being up to par for her til she can be stabilized, even if still at home, til i can't even consider having such a serious procedure.
it was hard enough when i had my lateral releases and scopes, which is nothing compared to a tkr.
And in addition , my other health issues, sacral spine, and severe bladder issues are taking the front seat right now, and until those are addressed, and and more stabilized, I must keep my poor knees on the back burner.
I have had several surgeries, too many to list, and have grown tired of them,at the young age of 44 ( you know 50 is the new 30:yay:). so i am hoping that by then, other health issues and daughter more stabilized and hopefully son gone from home by then, will make a big difference.
If by the grace of God, circumstances change, and I can have earlier while still in my 40's, then that would just be A blessing.
I do know there are many people here who have had btkr's who live alone, and too be completely honest, that would be more of a ideal situation for me, right now family(except hubby) is more of a hindrance then a help to me. I would feel like i was jumping out of the pot into the fire so to speak, at this time.
I am discovering whatever is wrong with my sacral spine, is playing a big roll, in why my bladder is hurting so much besides Interstitial Cystitis( Bladder Disorder), and now causing involuntary bowel leakage, and that must be stabilized before I can even think about tkrs.
I guess for now, it's just one thing at a time.

I just stick around to offer my experience as a pre-oper, and learn from the the ones on the other side, and to offer support, as well as to seek support.
Sorry scared for such a long response, felt like i had to fully explain circumstances as to why now is not the time for me, thanks for your supports and thoughts, I will continue to follow your threads as you move forward, take care...Sheryl:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom