THR golfmore's hip

@golfmore, maybe we have hip replacements because we push ourselves, are always busy and enjoy it☺️ i do not sit much! even now

You want to you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?
(Please note the instructions in the smaller image)

aflagsforworship.co.uk_jo_pic_images_referesrs.jpg

aflagsforworship.co.uk_jo_pic_images_ahipsodsd.jpg

I'm also going to ask you some questions and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
aflagsforworship.co.uk_jo_pic_images_nonofisss.gif
)
Also don't forget to include other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness

2. what pain medications have you currently using, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

4. what kind of PT exercises and exercises at home are you doing? How much and how often?

Can you detail it like this

Exercises done at home: 3 sessions a day
Heel slides x10 (reps)
Strait leg raises x10
Steps x10

At PT
Squats x5 (reps) x2 (sets)
Wall slides x5 x2
Clamshells X5 x2

I also merged your threads so al your history in in one place.

OK, so I am over a year out now. Still improving. Any pain I feel is attributable to soft tissue. My os agrees with that because the X-rays are great. I began a stretching routine for the legs and hips which seems to help a lot. The OS said not to restrict myself when it comes to muscle development. Hope you all have similar improvement.

I had a strange thing happen today with my non-surgical hip. When I bent forward, it felt like that hip came out o joint. A sharp pain in the front made it hard to walk. Pain, 10 out of 10 scale. Even pressing with fingers in the front area of the hip caused pain. Then stretching and manipulating, all of a sudden the pain stopped but still aches a little. I didn't think my other hip was a problem. Kind of scary.

It has been over a year since I have posted. My operative hip has been doing well with one exception. When I lean forward or place all my wait on my operative leg, after releasing the wait, I get a shooting pain in the front of my thigh until I start moving again and it goes away. This has been happening for a few months now. Has anyone else experienced this, especially this far out? I am 2 1/2 years out now.

@golfmore.
This pain must be quite worrying for you. I see a chart on your thread from Sep 2015. Is it possible you could pinpoint the site of the pain so someone here with expertise can make a call on it.
Hope things improve.
Joe.

The pain runs from the hip joint almost to the knee, in the front of the thigh but slightly to the outside. It is different than the pain back in Sept. 15. I don't know how to bring up that chart otherwise I would use it to illustrate.

Thanks for the reply

The chart is back a little in your thread.
Joe.....

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom