Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting really concerned<^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @ferddword,

I hope things are going well with you!

Things are going about the same with me as they are with you based on your post. My stamina is low, I still have the bands but not as tight as they were. The stretchy feeling you mentioned is on point. It seems to be moving around more. There is still a portion of my knee where the feeling has not come back. I am sure with time it will be back. Hopefully, I can go back to work soon. I am a little concerned about my stamina though. I sleep like a baby when I finish my day now.

Good to hear! Seems our recovery has been fairly uneventful thankfully. I went back to work couple weeks ago and after a full day I'm wiped out also, but stamina seems to increase day by day. The band has been ever so slowly going away and sometimes don't feel it. I mowed the lawn yesterday and we have uneven areas with elevation and felt pretty good. I'm starting to swing the golf club at close to full speed without pain.

Good luck and continued progress!
 
@ferddword

Hello I meant to write to you in yesterday. I am glad your appointment was pretty much uneventful. My visit went well. I waited an hour and 45 mins to see him after my appt time and I really didn't get a lot of time with him. My OS says I need to see a plastic surgeon because my scar,which was fine until I started PT, now has a hypertrophic scar. It is like a keloid but not as high and the area is red not dark brown. That was surprising because my skin doesn't keloid. I am going to have to ask my argent if this could be a result of my auto immune disorder.

My OS suggested I go back to PT and I said I would. I tried the PT clinic associated with their office and I was very pleased with the conversation and the exercises provided.

I also have some swelling in both knees and my "good" knee is in worse shape now. I will probably need to have it done soon but I can not image doing it until my new knee feels like it is mine. (My family hears me say "until I get this one out of law-a-way.) I am having a hard time now because I now need to switch my cane from my right hand to my left and I am really having a hard time.

The PT is concerned about some of the things we discussed because a lot of it sounds like nerve damage. I can not really fell my toes on the leg that was operated on. Sometimes when I am doing exercises I pull my toes down toward the ball of my foot so I will know they are there. I guess this will get better wth time as well. I was thinking about asking for some meds for it but I am going to give it a few more weeks. I can now rely on the PT to take some things back to my OS as well since they are in the same office. The Dr's even walk through sometimes and chat as well.

I know you went back to work some time ago. I am still off for two more weeks. I am going to see how this PT will come out. Hopefully, I will be better. Oh yeah, I go back in 3 months.

Happy Healing!
 
Hello @ferddword

It is going okay. I started back to work this week. I am working full days and I am exhausted. I am also going to PT twice a week and I really enjoy this group of people. It is different from the last PT group I used. My knee seems to do okay during the day. There is still some nerves that have to "wake up" but hopefully it will happen soon.

Going to work he certainly taken my mind off my knee so I am grateful for that. I am going to get a shot in my right knee to buy myself some time with it. I am not ready to get it done because my left one is stil in lay-a-way. LOL How are you doing?
 
Hey there. Apologize for the delay in responding. Mine is doing pretty good. Its still a bit tight most of the time. And after a busy day, I can tell it swells up a bit at night. Every once in awhile I get glimpse of how it feels normal. Been working for last 3 weeks without too many issues. Started playing golf twice a week. My other knee though is now bothering me and I'm also thinking about a shot. My OS uses Euflexxa. May do it. Sometimes I think I should've done both to get over with.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Still strange to me that the swelling is up and down. Tightness has a range also. Definitely not a linear recovery. I like that my leg is straight though! But now the other one that was the "straight" one isn't so much anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Its so annoying isn't it! Now my operated knee is my 'good' knee. I foresee another TKR on the horizon...
 
I haven't been able to add details to my signature either
LTKR Feb 7 2017
If there's someone out there who can do it for me I'd appreciate it..
 
@Marbles you need to start a post op thread of your own, then you should be able to add details to your signature or we can do it for you. With your own thread you can document your recovery and others can encourage you.
 
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this: while rubbing Vitamin E on my scar site I had to get up while still rubbing and I noticed a rather painful knot under my incision on the top of my knee. It is very hard like a rock. I doesn't move when I rotate my knee or anything like I would expect. It is rather painful to the touch. Just curious what it could be. It is about 7 more weeks before I see the OS again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to know if anyone seems to have any problems with their knee(s) when the weather changes? I am having more swelling when the weather changes in my new knee than I had before. Will this get better with time?
 
I was told by the dr, nurses, and pt people to expect pain when the weather changed. I haven't really noticed any difference, but my right knee is bad also-I think the cortisone shot I had when I had my left knee done has worn off? I may get another shot in August when I go back to the OS.
So I would assume swelling may occur with the weather changes.
 
Some people do experience changes in their knees when the weather changes. Others don't. Both reactions are normal.
 
I am wondering for those that have had both knees replaced, was your recovery time longer with the right knee than the left?
 
I think you'll find that every knee is different. Some knees are in worse shape going in and may take longer to recover.
 
Thank you! I have been told by my OS that my right knee is in worse shape than my left one. We did the left one first because it was in the most pain. I was out for three months with the left one and was thinking I might be off longer with the right one since it is my driving leg.
 
Whether it's your left or your right knee doesn't have any impact on recovery time.
The condition of your knee before surgery, the skill of your surgeon and the amount of work that has to be done during surgery can influence recovery time, though.
 
I'd definitely plan on 3 months off. You won't be driving as soon as you did with the left knee just because of mobility and using the pedals quickly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom