Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting really concerned<^

Status
Not open for further replies.
@2helpme. I'm finished reading all your posts and wanted to say hello. my surgery was Nov 10,2016. Glad to hear your doc gave u something for swelling. I thought my knee looked and felt pretty darn good until 2 days ago when pt was too aggressive. So, I can relate to your experience and tomorrow I'm cancelling my pt session and continue my icing, elevating. I believe this stage we are both now at, patience is needed because u feel better so U do things, but your knee reminds u it's not finished healing. May you be filled with patience.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
P.s. we have same surgery date and we are the same age, checked to see where u lived, I live in Oklahoma.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Hello J.A. Hag,

Glad to know that you are doing well. I am glad that we are at the same place of our recovery since we had the same surgery date. Where in Oklahoma do you live? I have family there, I am in Mississippi.
 
@ J. A. Hag
Are you still having problems with that band feeling around your knee? I have that all the time now, no matter what I do, it is still there.
 
No, the band feeling stopped at 6 wks. Sorry you still have it. I think my knee was being pushed too much from PT and that was contributing. Over Christmas I had week of no outside PT when I was at 6 weeks and that is when tight band stopped. I only went to outside PT once this week and only have one scheduled next week. It's my check in of progress when they measure me and I will stop when at stop at 120 ROM - still at 110. So in less than a month.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Josephine,
I am up to prepare meals (twice daily), washing/drying/folding clothes (once weekly), grocery shopping. Whenever I am horizontal I have ice on it. I walk out to the mailbox and to put the trash out.
 
Hello Everyone,

I have a new problem that has developed and it won't seem to go away. Both of my legs are swollen from my knee down. I have raised them and iced them. My right one has gone down a lot but the left one (surgical) leg is still really swollen in my foot. Does this sound normal or like anything anyone else has had happen?

Thanks for your replies!
 
I'm sorry you're dealing with this! I don't have enough experience to offer advice, except to rest, ice and elevate. I'll tag @Josephine and @Celle, I'm sure they can help you. Feel better and best of luck!
 
@2helpme
Have you been doing anything unusual in the last few days? Did the swelling come on gradually, or suddenly?
And how is your general health?

I think it might be a good idea to visit your own doctor (PCP/GP), to get your health checked out.
Josephine may have some other suggestions.
 
(9½ weeks)
I'd really like to ask you these questions again if you don't mind, and it would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] Getting really concerned<^


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
@Josephine Okay here we go:

1. The banding feeling is the only pain I have and it is at a 4.

2. I am taking Tramadol and I take it about every 5 hours while I am awake. I am also taking naproxen, flexarell and plaqunil.

3. My leg is probably moderate but my foot is huge.

4. Can not be exact but I believe my extension is very close to zero and my flexion is around 95.

5. I am icing my knee two to three times daily for at least 1.5 hours each time.

6. I am elevating my leg mostly when I am sleeping and that is for about 5-7 hours.

7. I have a really moderate activity regime: I am cleaning, cooking, shopping. But I have not really done much of that this week.

8. I am not doing any exercises right now due to the swelling. I don't do any when the banding feeling is present. I do not attend PT.

Thank you!
 
@Celle

I have not done anything differently except for on Tuesday I went to get my scripts and did not use a motorized cart. I used the grocery instead. My health is good. I don't have hardly any real issues with it other than an autoimmune disorder that is already being addressed.
 
1. The banding feeling is the only pain I have and it is at a 4.
Okay
2. I am taking Tramadol and I take it about every 5 hours while I am awake. I am also taking naproxen, flexarell and plaqunil.
You never read the question properly. I asked "how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?"
3. My leg is probably moderate but my foot is huge.
Okay
4. Can not be exact but I believe my extension is very close to zero and my flexion is around 95.
Well you still have time to improve.
5. I am icing my knee two to three times daily for at least 1.5 hours each time.
2-3 times a day is not enough. You need to ice for more than 4 times a day.
6. I am elevating my leg mostly when I am sleeping and that is for about 5-7 hours.
How do you elevate? Is it just laying in bed?
7. I have a really moderate activity regime: I am cleaning, cooking, shopping. But I have not really done much of that this week.
That's not moderate! Read this Activity progression for TKRs
8. I am not doing any exercises right now due to the swelling. I don't do any when the banding feeling is present. I do not attend PT.
By this you infer that you have been doing exercises, yes? If this is so, then I need to know
- how many sessions you did each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
@Josephine

2. The Tramadol is 50 mg, three times a day

6. I elevate my feet up on three pillows so that my feet are above my heart.

8. Have not done any exercises since I stopped PT mid December.
 
Hello @ferddword,

I hope things are going well with you!

Things are going about the same with me as they are with you based on your post. My stamina is low, I still have the bands but not as tight as they were. The stretchy feeling you mentioned is on point. It seems to be moving around more. There is still a portion of my knee where the feeling has not come back. I am sure with time it will be back. Hopefully, I can go back to work soon. I am a little concerned about my stamina though. I sleep like a baby when I finish my day now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom