TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

You know what annoys me? I can walk for probably .75 mile to a mile or greater but standing still to do something hurts -- such as standing at the counter and preparing food. It's when I go from standing straight to bending my knee to move again that it tightens up and is uncomfortable. Another of those annoying things I assume will improve in time. Sigh.

Roxie
 
Do you stand perfectly still? I tend to shift my weight from leg to leg even move slightly half a step forward or backward.
 
I agree, standing is the worst! I'm still using the shower bench because if I stand in the shower in the morning, I'm cashed before I've had a chance to even get dressed! I feel like I will be grocery shopping before I able to cook a big meal. I expected it to be the other way around!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Knee is still sensitive, swollen and somewhat painful in the one area and hurts down a bit into my tibia on that side too. I think when the swelling goes away, the discomfort will too. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Roxie
 
Don't try to rush it, though, Roxie! Slow and steady progress is still your aim.
 
Spent time in the pool again yesterday and feel pretty good today. I think being at my daughter's has been good in that I've stayed busy but still had plenty of time to ice and elevate. Of course, I've also been distracted by the two cutest grandsons on the face of the earth -- from my perspective anyway!

Tomorrow, we are leaving Phoenix and heading home via cooler Colorado. Our Phoenix kiddos are on vacation next week and are go ing to Durango for the week so we'll spend a few days with them and then go over to Crested Butte and meet our Kansas kids who are vacationing there. Next Sunday, we'll head home to Wichita.

My daughter is on call today and, at last report, had 3 people in the hospital in active labor so it will probably be a long day for her. I am hanging out at the house with Russ, the grandsons and their Dad.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

Roxie
 
Nothing like those grandkids!!! So glad you got to get away and take your focus off your knee for longer than you would have at home..... Makes me think I wish I could take a little trip once I am at that point..... We are thinking about taking a little camping trip in late September - As long as I don't use all my PTO for my surgery - that is..... I am hoping and praying to be able to be some what coherent sooner than later. Then I can save a few days for later when I will need a brake from reality!!! Time will tell.......
 
Safely tucked in a lovely cabin in Flagstaff with people I love. Unfortunately, I don't love the bed so much, which is very uncomfortable and made my IT band flare up in the night. It made for a rough night of sleep. I stretched and it helped. I got up and walked around and it helped. But as soon as I would try to get comfortable and go back to sleep -- boom. Other than that, doing well and happy to be in such a beautiful place.
 
Enjoy the scenery and the company!!! I am sure after all this time away you will enjoy being back in your own comfie bed!!!
 
Roxie, I have to go back to your post last week about standing at the sink. My PT has told me to keep 1 foot back and stretch as you stand. I don't always remember to do it but it does help. Also, I can relate to the bad bed and sleeping issue. Over the weekend we stayed with friends and I was playing musical beds. The first one had 2 steps going up to it, so I knew that would not work especially in the middle of the night. The next one was a childs bed with a mattress that was about 4" thick. I finally got myself down stairs and slept on the couch!?:cry:
 
Back
Top Bottom