Guest viewing is limited

TKR Fire wolf recovery<

@becticu I did consider asking for gabapentin, but I haven't because that nervy pain, or whatever it is, doesn't usually hang around long. Here a night, gone for the next week kinda thing. It is a mystery, which is why I am rather perplexed by it. Just unnerving (pun intended :snork:) to have something come and go like that for no good reason. Hence my frustration.

I learned back in undergrad to be very careful what I name things. I had a rat for one of my psych classes and named it Mephistopheles. Well, let me tell you that that darn of a rat lived up to his name! Never again! :bignono: So I can totally understand why Beatrice acts out every now and again! That being said, I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy getting down and dirty once again! :holysheep::rotfl:

I know that I still have swelling, as it is visible in areas, much to my dismay.:sigh: It can really go away any day now. I certainly won't be offended to be left! :wink: I know that I am not icing as much as I used to, and I am not making any real effort to elevate during the day as I have decided that it is just to difficult for me to do with my job. I will work on icing more at night. Perhaps if I can locate a syringe to just pull some excess fluid out......:whistle:
 
I know that I still have swelling, as it is visible in areas, much to my dismay.:sigh: It can really go away any day now. I certainly won't be offended to be left!
Both my knees continued to look a bit swollen, and to swell more if I overdid things, until at least 9 months post-op.
 
Both my knees continued to look a bit swollen, and to swell more if I overdid things, until at least 9 months post-op.
But I really am quite over this whole swelling thing!:heehee: I had enough from pre-Bionic Spence, so this has been more than enough! Perhaps someone would like to take it from me?:dubious: I would gladly share!!:loveshwr:
 
@Fire wolf, even when my knee doesn't appear to be especially swollen, it's there, like a *bad penny*. Tight, ya know? Very tedious, indeed. I just realized this morning it's been swollen for 10 months. No wonder I'm tired of *wooden knee." But....it is now beginning to feel better than the *other* knee.....uh-oh!
 
I have very little visible swelling, just 2 small areas that have been there since surgery and don't seem to change. Even if I over do, they don't really get any bigger.

I do have that tight inner swelling, though, and that can change with activities.

I still sleep all night with my leg on my wedge, and my knee feels best when I get up in the morning. It must be from still using the wedge.

I would never have thought I'd ever get to like that wedge, let alone still be using it 6 months post op.
 
@Fire wolf, I'm with you...I am just over the swelling in Beelzebub, err Beatrice. I know @Celle I am not supposed to compare but the left just was swollen in the very beginning. This one was huge and still swollen although not huge. I guess we all need some of Pheebs patience!

Funny rat story Fire wolf. I suppose they live up to their names. So I am so very curious tho. It's none of my business but I am quite fascinated by all you do. What is your job? You do all kinds of things! Yes it was great fun getting down and dirty and my yard looks so good! I just go out there and smile:heehee:
 
<----Shipping out large, economy sized shiny red boxes of patience. Saving some for self!

Instructions: Place under bed. Each night, rub some between your eyes. Each morning, repeat. Continue with this treatment until swelling and pain subside.
 
Harumph, talking about *swell*, I seem to have some behind the knee. Sure hope it isn't a return of the dreaded Baker's Cyst!
 
Well then, it seems at least 3 of us are in agreement about establishing a social thread for Super Swellers! We could combine it with "What a Bunch of Stiffs!"
 
I sure hope you don't have a returning Baker's cyst. Maybe just a bit of swelling from extra extension stretching?? I will rely on one of you more tech savvy folks to start our social thread - my only talent is upside down knee photography.
 
Will set up thread a bit later after house cleaner does her much needed thing here!

I don't really engage in any extension exercises per se, other than walking, so....I dunno. I did have a big Baker's Cyst prior to TKR and quite a bit of trouble with it immediately afterwards. Then, it subsided; phew! I get the impression that it can just keep coming back though, so hope this is just something else. :fingersx:
 
Well, perhaps I am a Super Sweller, though not in the Ouchy Grouchy Super Sweller Slow Benders group. :heehee: It is strange because I normally don't have much swelling with injuries, then again, there is nothing *normal* about any of this! :headbang:

@kmak81230 I like your perspective on it and will work on adopting the *Bionic Spence is just swell* way of thinking for now.

@Pheebs52 thank you for the shiny red box of patience! I do appreciate it. :yes: I do think that I have more internal swelling than what is evident externally based on the tightness that comes along with it. So :ice: patience and elevating when I can will be the continued course of action. I would love to be totally pain free as well, but will tolerate the perpetually moving mystery pain....for now. :sigh:

@becticu I will send you a PM at some point to answer your question about what I do for a living. I don't want to post it as I wouldn't want anyone to unintentionally think that I am in some way credentialing my self as an *expert* in anything, and interpret any of my posts through that lens.
 
@kmak81230 I am certain that you have talents that far exceed upside down knee photography! Hmmm......cycling, hiking, making preserves, traversing scenic route of recovery, etc!

@Pheebs52 I do hope that it is nothing more than nuisance swelling for you. I have found that lately I have been icing the back of Spence more than the front as it just feels good. Of course, that is only what is currently working for me. Hopefully you can find something that works well for you! :wink:
 
You are right fire wolf! No normal about any of this. Uniquely unique and well, someone said it's just swell!
I don't have a great deal of visible swelling but it is there. My knees have been swollen for so long I don't remember what normal looks like! and mmy right knee gets swollen behind it.. I can feel it. And I have pain behind that kneed which could be from that swell. Thats just swell. Rolls eyes.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom