TKR Fire wolf recovery<

:rofsign:Spence just slays, it's his *style.* "Don't Fence Me In," should be his theme song. He just cannot be tamed, and I suppose that's what makes him so *cool*! He's like the James Dean of knees, ya know?

Coincidentally, I attempted to walk upstairs backward over the weekend. Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine said "No way, fool." No, it was incredibly awkward for her and for me. I managed (hah) one stair. That said, I really admire yours and Spence's willingness to give it a try and of course, it DOES work an entirely different set of muscles.

Bed: NSSML is ALWAYS on top. She's a boss....what can I say? If I have the audacity to change sides while in la-la land, she'll let me know, quickly. I don't get any sharp pain, or even a cramp, just some throbbing business that's annoying enough to let me know I shouldn't have rolled. And so I roll back to the safe-zone. :shrug:
 
Yes it would, @kmak81230. In past rehabs I had done backwards walking on treadmill, as well as sideways walking on it, so clearly Spence believes that he should try these things on stairs in lieu of treadmill.

@Pheebs52, the idea that Spence could have a theme song might cause him to, well........... I can't even think about the ramifications! :holysheep:
 
Not a happy camper this evening. I have no idea how or what happened, but when I moved my leg, I felt Spence move funny and he let out a yelp (like a snap, crackle or pop sound/feeling). I seriously doubt that I could have dislodged/dislocated/severely damaged anything, but Spence definitely doesn't feel quite right when I straighten and bend my leg. I am hoping that with some ice and rest he feels back to *normal* tomorrow. No, he isn't normal *normal* yet, but I would be happy with going back to the way he was earlier today.
 
While I don't hear any sounds, my knee often suddenly feels out of whack, and weird. It's doing it tonight. It didn't feel great last night so I took ice to bed with me and elevated all night, like I always do, it it was ok this morning.

I don't know whether or not to worry about these almost but not quite out of joint episodes, or just assume they are par for the course, but it happens a lot, and when it does, my rom is shot.

I hope yours is better after a nights sleep.
 
Perhaps you made some ravioli? They do make a loud pop that sends us running for ice!
 
I was actually icing the back of Spence, and had the ice pack wrapped on to hold it. Just went to swing leg off of pillow when it happened. Very strange since there was a 6" elastic wrap holding everything in place and it went from lower thigh to upper shin like a compression sleeve might. So can't figure how anything was even able to move.
 
That is weird. Spence must just be toying with you, you know how he is!

I have been looking for a bigger wrap like that, where did you get it? My favorite one is kind of narrow and doesn't stay cold as long as it used to and I can't find anymore, even on Amazon.
 
@Jockette, the ice packs I use are called Cryomax, and they come with a sleeve to put them in so I don't need extra towel or anything. The do have a velcro strap to hold them on, but I have a 6" elastic wrap (like an ace bandage) that has velcro on both ends that I wrap around ice pack to keep it more secure so I can walk with it, and also to provide some compression while icing which I prefer. The Cryomax I got at Walmart, but Amazon sells them as well.
 
It's just crazy that Spence gets more aggravated the less he does! :scratch: And this event occurred at the epitome of inactivity! Ugh! :sigh: Apparently I am going to have to find a way to keep him in continuous motion. Perhaps I need a Flinstone-mobile to *drive* to work in! :rotfl:
 
Hmmm, :scratch:, that is a bit odd, but I think I've felt/done similar. I think you may have somehow just twisted *sumthin'." Kinda like sleeping *wrong*, but you weren't sleeping. Take two Tylenol and call me in the morning; hah!:whistle:
 
Well, you'd be miserable , of course; hah!

Nah, you'd be just ducky kiddo. You're our resident "Wonder Woman," after all.:dancy:
 
This is pure speculation on my part and just my personal, weird theory, but I think sometimes the implant gets a bit *hung-up* on soft tissue. Right now, at our current stage, all that soft tissue is still healing, and it's a bit swollen, and hey, it's just not itself, ya know? Following this line of thought, some other, random movement will probably *free-it-up* and that will probably occur in your sleep. My money says you'll wake up tomorrow back at Square One, even if my theory has zero credibility.:SUNsmile:
 
Do you have one of those floor pedal gadgets? That might be good for you when you're sitting at a desk. I agree, these fake knees like to move, so I make a point of getting up about every 30 minutes, even if I'm watching a movie.
 
@Pheebs52 I think you have a good point there. It often feels like something moves over in front of my knee and it's very hard to bend it when that happens. That's a much better description than when I think my knee feels out of joint. After elevating all night it's usually better in the morning, so whatever it was relaxed back into place maybe. Very weird and I don't like it!!! It's such a non normal feeling.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom