Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally!!! The second new knee!

I actually had two really good no pain or stiffness in my knee days. It was like a perfect knee. I was walking around good no cane and feeling good. Then today I lost my balance and down I went. My leg is a little sore this evening. I was able though to get up pretty easy, which I would not have been able to do several months ago. I don't think I hurt anything, just sore and feeling foolish.
 
Oh, Cindy.....I'm so sorry to hear you have fallen. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself. I know it's probably not much comfort, but we all take a tumble at some time or other on our new knees. I had several!!! On concrete!!!

I'm glad to hear you could get yourself up. That's a positive! You'll hurt for a bit, but you'll be okay. Please try not to beat yourself up too badly about it happening. The potential for falling greatly reduced as your knee continues to get stronger.
 
Sorry you fell, but you sound great. I look forward to the day when I have the "perfect knee". Must feel wonderful.
 
Hi @fiberlady! I've been out of touch - we're out on the west coast of Vancouver Island with intermittent data and wi-fi. Sorry to hear you fell but isn't it great that you were able to get up? That's my big fear :-( Take it easy for a few days and you'll be back to your old tricks. How wonderful that you had a few pain free days prior to your fall. Two steps forward, one step back - you'll get there!
 
Got up this morning with bruises on my leg and arm, I had hit the little table we have on the patio as I went down. My knee is still feeling pretty good and I am hopeful that this is a sign that my knee is headed into the right direction. One thing I noticed this week was that the swelling in my leg has gone down considerable which might be the reason for the stiffness in my knee going away. I still experience a little pain when I get up in the morning, but it is not as bad as it has been. So glad that I am seeing some change.
 
fiberlady,
Seems you have suffered some bruises, but your knee has come through with flying colors! Good to hear you have turned the corner with your recovery.
 
That's good news @fiberlady! I think we all have discomfort or a bit of pain after we get moving, whether in the morning or after sitting for a while. I know it will eventually go away. I'm so glad your fall only resulted in a few bruises!
 
I have to say that I have been a little sore this week, not just my knee but the whole body. Met a friend at a yarn store for a tent sale yesterday, we had to wait 45 minutes in the check out line. My leg was stiff and swollen, but that is the longest I have been able to stand in a long time. I am headed out for another long day, we will see how I do. My knee does feel better when the leg is not swollen.
 
These long days often are unavoidable, ts part of normal living. Just think tho could you have even thought about it before.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hope you had a successful yarn shopping day to make it all worthwhile! I'm trying to get an order together to put into Jane.
 
I have been so busy the past week with outings and dealing with family that I have not had time to think about my knee. Today it is telling me that I have overdone it. I have done a lot of walking and a lot of chasing around a three year old. I am exhausted and so is my knee. So today is a day of trying to take it easy.
 
I wondered if you had been buried by all the yarn you were tempted to buy ;-) The fact that you forgot about your for a week is a wonderful indication that your knee and your other joints are happier! Enjoy a down day.
 
Spent the last three days resting my leg and knee. It still feels stiff and sore. I am headed out tomorrow to a quilt exhibit and then the following day to a fiber expo. I will be walking and standing for a long time both days. I hope my knee doesn't complain too much, bringing my ice bag. We are spending the night in a hotel so I will be able to get ice. I have two weeks before I go back to the OS. We will see if he thinks I need the injection.
 
I had a very busy three days, two days of walking. I walked through a quilt show we were there for almost five hours. When I got tired I sat down. My leg and my knee were sore Saturday night. Then Sunday we went to a fiber festival and walked around there for four hours. My legs and knee were glad to sit and get some rest. My leg swelled up a lot on Sunday. I rested and elevated today. Next week Tuesday I see the OS.
 
@fiberlady - sounds like you've been really busy doing fun things! I'm glad you are taking care of yourself when you've over done things. I haven't been on BoneSmart as much lately. It's been a busy summer. Yesterday, two friends came over and we set up a warp painting area in our tiny back yard. We each managed to paint two warps. I did a tea towel one and a scarf one. They are batching now and I'll be able to peak at them tomorrow. I was exhausted at the end of the day - my knees were great but my back hurt :-(

You've got less than a week to go until you see your OS. Please give us a report once you've seen him.
 
Yesterday was a rough knee day, for some reason both my knee and my hip hurt. It was hard to rest it since our granddaughter was visiting. We spent two hours at the park, I was exhausted. Only a few more days until I see the OS.
 
Well had my visit with the OS today and we both agreed that my knee is getting along just fine, it has improved a lot since I saw him last. So no injection, unless I think it is not getting any better.

Now, my hip surgery has been scheduled, I decided that I should not try to wait any longer and just do it. So my surgery is scheduled for November 23rd.

But, to add insult to injury. Our cat decided to bite me today, who knows why he decided to do that. In the ankle on my left leg. So I guess I am making a trip to the doctors office tomorrow.
 
Thanks @Pumpkln I will check that out. The OS is certain that a lot of my knee pain is associated to the bad hip and the way I walk. I would have to agree.

@Threads Well now that my decision has been made I will have to make certain I get the Jane warped before my surgery so that I can weave. I finally got my stand for the loom and a new loom bench to go with it. I bought a stool used by musicians that play the key board. It is adjustable in height and is nicely padded. I have been using it on my baby wolf and have found it to be really comfortable. Since I have many pre made warps including two more from what I dyed this summer I will be able to put these on the loom and weave scarves till the cows come home, and maybe some towels. Hope your knees and your back are all behaving themselves at the same time.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom