THR Finally On The Recovery Side

Nope, no IT getting back to me all me....no work done, but I had an easy week back to work, I suppose. I doubt they will be in touch tomorrow, as it's the day before the holiday weekend. Atleast, I'm getting paid, even if it's to do nothing. I feel guilty, but what can you do.
 
Happy 4th, Mersada!
I hope you’re having a nice holiday weekend and I wish you well with your return to the office this week. Let us know how it goes. :)
@Mersada
 
I am on my second day at the same office with no credentials so barely getting any work done. I am using the time to train a new girl in the office. Our I.T. Dept is lacking.

Getting to work has been ok. The two stair cases at the railroad is a bit of a pain but I’m doing fine one step at a time. The stairs going up are a little more tiring but I need the exercise anyway. I have stairs going down by my home and going up at the train station by my job. I wonder how long before I can go up amd down normally. This one step at a time business sucks. Lol.

other than that it hasn’t been too bad returning to the office. I don’t feel exhausted when I go home at all.

Tonight, is family dinner for my 33 year old nieces birthday . With the holidays and birthdays this covid/surgery/quit smoking weight is never going to come off. Lol

as for walking, hip still a little tight and awkward with the mew inch longer but I’ll be patient.
Hope u all have a great week!!
 
Hi Mersada, I think we all pretty much navigated the stairs toddler style for awhile after surgery. How long….it’s one of those things that will vary from person to person. It will come as strength and steadiness continues to build. It’s wonderful to hear that you’re not exhausted when you get home from work.

I hope you had fun at the family birthday dinner for your niece last evening. I can understand your frustration concerning weight loss, but look at the hurdles you’ve made it through. Covid, surgery, and quitting smoking is huge! You‘re a champ, be proud of your victories. As you continue to gain strength and get more active, I’m sure with willpower and determination you’ll be able to drop the weight. It’s been a rough 12-16 months for you facing the prep and anxiety of surgery, Covid concerns / closures and restrictions, then surgery, now recovery and the return to work! You’re doing fantastic in my estimation and I believe it will only get better.

I hope you have a great rest of the week. :)
@Mersada
 
Still no password to work, but heck still getting paid.

I am off to physical therapy. We started working on navigating steps the normal way on Friday. There was two rails on each side of the stairs so I felt secure. My left hip is gaining more and more strength every day.

Wishing you all a great week.
 
Wow…the work situation is odd, huh? Well…like you mentioned, at least you’re getting paid. I’ll bet the practice navigating stairs at PT will benefit you in getting to work. Doing stairs toddler style gets old pretty quickly. You’ll be a pro in no time. :ok:
Love that you’re noticing the strength you’ve gained. Just think…it’s going to get even better!
Hope you’re week is a good one! :)
@Mersada
 
@Mersada I am appalled that your IT department has not yet resolved your password problem! I hope your immediate supervisor is aware of this and is trying to help. Maybe someone needs to walk into the IT office and start raising a bit of a fuss. :tantrum2: :hissy:
 
walking, hip still a little tight and awkward with the mew inch longer but I’ll be patient.

I‘m not sure if anyone’s mentioned the One Step program to you.
It evaluates and helps with gait...We have a special promotion that is expiring soon. Please read the info below and let us know if you’re interested, right here on your thread. If so, I can connect you with Jamie from Admin. to assist with any questions you may have. No pressure to do so….it’s up to you.

Here is a link to read about it -
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Unbelievable it’s been three months already. Maybe not to you..due to your first six weeks, but I’ll bet you’re making up for that somewhat now. Hopefully you’ve had a good week.
May your weekend be all you want it to be.
Cheers to Three Months with your new hip! :cheers:
@Mersada
 
Thank you @Layla ! Can't believe it's three months already.

I finally got a password on Tuesday, so I was able to work this week and earn my pay...lol. @djklaugh The IT department is not onsite therefore they can get away with slacking. It can be frustrating at times...but, I'm in now.

As for the One Stp program, I started it before my surgery, but ended up forgetting to keep up with it. Also, after surgery, I didn't think I should be doing pt with an app since I had that hairline crack in my hip. They also want you to record a short walk and they didn't want me to go in a circle (I live in a studio apartment) When I tried to do the walking in my hall I lose phone service in the hallway, so I just gave up on it.

I had my pt today, the stairs are getting easier and easier but, I still do it the toddler way on my own...still not that confident with it.

I am thinking of joining the new gym in my area called LA fitness....they have a pool and I thought that might be good exercise for my hip and for weight loss since it's low impact. I am going to go take a tour over the weekend. They are a tad on the pricier side, but the amenities are more than the other gyms in the area. I need to do something more...the weight is not coming off doing intermitant fasting alone. Its frustrating.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. I'm gonna lurk the boards a bit and see what I have missed.
 
Still not feeling I can do extended walks yet, hip is still stiff and the leg feels slightly longer. Hope both improve.

Hi @Mersada,
I can relate to the leg feeling longer than the other. My surgeon assured me that the feeling will go away, and that he measured very carefully so that I would be even.
Had never heard about vibration therapy. Did it hurt?
Take good care. Yoli
 
Yoli,

You are three weeks out. Of course you can't do extended walks yet--at least freestyle.

You should be able to slowly build up some distance with a walker. I was shocked at how much exercise I could get with the walker. Or have you moved to the cane?
 
I was thinking about joining a gym that has a pool for exercise. Anyone think its to early in recovery for that. I don't want to hinder my recovery. I just want to lose some of this weight.
 
I would say, yes, Mersada. It’s an excellent low impact exercise. In order to feel confident in doing so, consider contacting your surgeons care team for a nod and the reassurance
it’s safe for you to begin swimming for exercise :swim: then enjoy!
Happy Thursday….it’s almost the weekend. :yay:
@Mersada
 
@Mersada I think if your surgeon's good with its definitely worth it. I don't swim well but I did a lot of water walking and different stretches and exercises in the pool after my surgery. It was wonderful, actually lost some weight and could feel that I was getting stronger. Unfortunately our gym shut down their pool. :hairpulling:
 
I didn’t swim in water therapy. I did walking in water like gentle pressure from the water to help build up muscle in THR areas as well as he core muscles. Really gentle at YMCA. Then the best part is the hot tub after to relax the whole body.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Mersada!
How have you been over the past several weeks? I hope happy, healthy and enjoying life with your new hip…without the pain. Hopefully work is going well and the stairs are getting a little easier for you. Please leave an update when you have time. I’d love to hear how all is going for you.
Have a wonderful week!
@Mersada
 
@Layla. Thank you for thinking of me. Happy 4th month of recovery to me!! Feels like it was so long ago but, my hip is still tight. Doesn’t feel normal still. I’m in physical therapy twice a week. I only have 8 sessions left that my insurance will pay. Then the pt center said they would work something out with me. I think I will pass on that because it’s expensive enough paying a 25 dollar copay each session. That’s 200 a month. I’m thinking once my sessions are up I’m going to join LA fitness. Which is the newest nicest gym we have and it’s six minutes from home. It’s about 50 a month but they have a pool. It would still be cheaper than what I’m paying for pt right now.
Other good news—my job had a virtual hiring pool for supervisor positions. It was a test I took back in 2017 for supervisor positiom but there were no openings in my office for the past 5 years every I went to the hiring pool. This time there was an opening at our office Amd I was at the top
Of the list so I interviewed and got the position. I start September 13. It’s a slight raise so it’s a good deal. It’s amazing how th hiring pool happened right about the time I got back to work from surgery. Any earlier And I would have missed it.
Well that’s about all happening in life for me. Good things. Now if this hip would loosen up And feel normal that would be the icing on the cake. Pt has me doing ten minutes on treadmill and that seems like a lot for me right now.
Again thank you @Layla for thinking of me on surgery anniversary day!! ♥️
 
Back
Top Bottom