THR Finally On The Recovery Side

Hi Mersada! So wonderful to hear from you. Amazing it’s been a full year already since your surgery.

Reading your words in the quote, Klassy, highlighted above brought back memories. It was a long journey for you and I’m so happy to read how well you’re doing living life without pain. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful Spring and Summer!
@Mersada
 
Wonderful to hear from you @Mersada! It's always good to hear back from Bonesmarties that have recovered and gone on to live a normal life again, and even more special when it's someone that faced bigger challenges than most. Really happy to hear you are doing well.
 
Hello Mersada

I don’t belong in this area but read your post and wanted at this late hour to wish you happy dreams. I’m not sure which side of the country you are but I’m on the west coast. My group is knee revisions.

You are in my prayers and many others. Soon you’ll be doing the twist.

Mamie
 
Hello Mersada

I don’t belong in this area but read your post and wanted at this late hour to wish you happy dreams. I’m not sure which side of the country you are but I’m on the west coast.
I am in NYC--Staten Island borough
 
Has everything gone well for you?
I’ve read to see you are doing well and that’s such great news. I pray it continues to be a recovery with total success for years to come.

Mamie
 
Everything has gone well. I should have been walking a little more than I have. My hip gets a little tight after walking less than a half hour. I haven't trained it well, I suppose. I am working on that now.
 
You seem to have had a great recovery, I’m a bit surprised to see your hip still gets tight. Do you have an exercise routine? Do you stretch on a regular basis?
 
You seem to have had a great recovery, I’m a bit surprised to see your hip still gets tight. Do you have an exercise routine? Do you stretch on a regular basis?
No I stopped my exercise and haven't been walking as much as I should. I am working on that now.
 
I am working on that now
You know what to do, get your Lil’ Ol’ Self on out there out there and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature while loosening that hip. :walking:
Go slow in the beginning, don’t overdo. You don’t want to visit the ODIC at this late date. No fun!! :wink: I hope you have a great week, Mersada.
 
Mersada! So good to see your update.. and to read that you are doing well. I agree with Layla, just get out when you can and walk..you'll do just fine.
Did I mention how glad I am to see your update?
 
Mersada, I’m really happy you know what needs to be done and continue to give it your best. That’s not always easy. No one but you live in whatever pain you endure nor can anyone do our routines in life to manage what you have successfully accomplished so far. Don’t forget to remind yourself of your successful recovery and it will motivate you to do whatever you need for continued recovery. You will remain in my prayers.
 
Just wanted to pop in and wish everyong a happy Easter!! This forum helped me so much with my pre-surgery anxiety, I will forever be grateful!!

It's been 2 years since surgery 4/16/21 and I feel great. Still trying to increase my walking and have been rather slow at it...lol.

I also added a new addition to my home, thought I would share.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Finally On The Recovery Side
    crystal.1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 73
  • [Bonesmart.org] Finally On The Recovery Side
    crystal.2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 71
@Mersada So nice to see you here. Well done on getting on with living again post THR. It only gets better!

Love your new feline friend!
 
Hi Mersada!
What a pleasant surprise to hear from you and know that you're doing well. Thanks for stopping by.
I can't believe you'll be celebrating two years with your newish hip in only one weeks time. Amazing!
Happy Two Year Anniversary! Congrats on the precious new addition. I hope you have a wonderful Spring Summer 2023!
@Mersada
 
:wave:@Mersada
So nice to hear from you...
what a pretty furbaby:catwindow:
Hope your spring is Sweet:flwrysmile:
 
Happy October everyone! Hope everyone is well and recovering well, as I did. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. This forum helped me big time when I was contemplating surgery and interviewing surgeons. This is where I poured out all my fears and anxiety. Everyone was so helpful. I am eternally grateful.

The reason I wanted to come in today and ask you guys if anyone here uses a rebounder to exercise. I just ordered one and spoke to my surgeon's office and they said it was ok to use. Anyone have any experience using that they can share with me? It's been since 4/21 that I had my surgery. Everything else is pretty good.

I also lost my dog in March and have since become a cat lady. I got the first cat to keep my dog company and since she passed, I just decided to get another cat to keep each other happy.

Looking forward to hearing about some of your exercise routines including rebounders. I still worry a bit during Zumba classes--which I just resumed. I wonder if I can dislocate with some of the moves.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Finally On The Recovery Side
    CrystalHazel.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 56
@Mersada It's lovely to hear from you and to hear that you are doing well! I don't have any experience with the rebounder ... are you getting one with the bar to hold on to? Those do look like fun!
As for dislocating ... ANY hip - born-with or implanted - can dislocate but at this stage of your hip replacement recovery I'd guess that your chances of that happening are about the same as if it were a natural hip. And it takes a lot of torque in the wrong direction to get a natural hip to dislocate. So just be aware and cautious ... you should be fine.

I love the picture of your pretty kitties :)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom