Guest viewing is limited

MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
A scarf, maybe? A big one? One that dangles? Like a dress? Yes, wear a dress!

:heehee:
 
Can't wear a dress with bare legs! Tights? Impossible. Leggings? Even more impossible. Trousers? Pointless under a dress. Och. Back to my wee pedaler.
 
Just reading through various threads it seems to me that a lot of us are feeling down about the progress we're making. I'm wondering if we've got an outbreak of Februaryitis? When the Spring comes and the days are lighter we'll all start to skip about like spring lambs! Something to look forward to?
 
Ha! I wondered the other day when I was going to have the guts to try 'skipping' on the old log leg! :heehee:

I'm sure there are a million reasons for our sad 'tudes.....but for me, it's just that adjustment period of no longer feeling really sick and tired....but my leg still not being ready for the big kid's playground. I should be singing "Stuck in the middle with you" to Mr. I.M. Plant! That being said, I'm working on an attitude adjustment. I'll let you know in a week how it goes :loll:

In all honesty, having a moment of improvement is both an upper and a downer. So exciting, and a great idea of what might be to come - but hard to accept when you lose it and are back to swelling and stiffness! Some of us have to grieve those lost moments! :cry:

Thanks for being the ever witty, hard loving, naked pedaler form of support for us, though. We emotional ones aren't always easy, but we'll have a million firm friendly handshakes ready if you ever need them!
 
Stuff the handshake @L.I.T - I'm going in for the full-on hug then withdrawing in haste while l stand back and watch the reaction! Unless of course Spex is butt naked after pedalling on her pedaler, then l might just beat the retreat and wave instead - from a distance!

Yes, progress is a bittersweet experience and February is an itis time but we're half way through now. And besides, it's Valentine's Day tomorrow so lots of love and cuddles to all BS folk on the forum both mods and members

:loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr: :loveshwr:
:roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr: :roseshwr:

And for Spex. :friends:
 
Argh! That's bullying! Leave me alone.
Time for a round up on progress: Bottom line I'm doing OK. The MUA was a major turning point. I'm off for my final appointment with my lovely physio this morning. Its now 17 weeks since the op. My knee bends and straightens beautifully, is a bit stiff at times but that soon wears off. I can't remember the last time I took a pain killer. Final appointment with the OS in 3 weeks. I don't really need to see him but his special research interest is in differential recovery from joint replacement surgery. He was interested in my case due to my genetically moderated tendency to develop adhesions.
By and large, I would now consider another TKR for my other knee which isn't very happy. Would I go back to that OS?- yes. Would I go back to that physio? another emphatic yes!!
 
Am going to give her a rare unsigned copy of my book. Its less fattening!
 
Well I'm now officially discharged from physio. A very positive appointment. She says that the best exercise for me now is just plain walking. Not necessarily long distances. Also stairs. We don't have any but I'll seek some out! All good.
BUT, when out wandering round shops today my other knee just buckled!!!! I hope its just attention seeking behaviour due to jealousy of my new knee but I can't help thinking....
 
Am going to give her a rare unsigned copy of my book. Its less fattening!

Is that the shady grey one??

These flippin` knees. They flip in, they flip out - and that`s the good one! Glad you had such a positive physio session; a good point to sign off at - til the next time!
 
It's great to hear you've done so well, @Spex10 . :yes!: :happydance: :yay:

Yes, walking is the best exercise for your knee - that's true right from the day after surgery.
I don't have stairs in my house, either and I used to practice going up and down a small flight of stairs in my local shopping mall. I'm sure someone wondered who this crazy lady was, going up and down the stairs several times! :giggle:
 
Is that the shady grey one??

@Spex10 how come you keep getting pulled into this naked talk? :loll:

I'm so happy to hear your report! It must be the week to get discharged from PT! Stairs... Ugh... Today I had to 'hop' down two floors in the courthouse. I'm sure the lawyers were wondering what kind of childish game of hopscotch I was playing.

Thanks for hangin' around here and giving us old softies a swift kick to the rear when we needed it!
 
I'll miss seeing her. Her calm kind confident approach made me feel better about things when I was having a bad time. As with everything else -it ain't what you do its the way that you do it! She put the therapist into physiotherapist.
 
@KarriB @Spex10, I know what you mean! I already miss mine and it's only been a week ago today that I last saw him.  :bawl: Funny - didn't have withdrawal from the pains pills .... But I'm having it from my PT! :whistle:

Sounds like you had a grand one, spex!
 
When they told me I was done I actually asked to be "weaned" off PT by cutting back to two times a week for 2 weeks. Plus I wasn't sure I was ready to give up the massages. :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom