Guest viewing is limited

MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to quickly say that I'm definitely not wearing the sandals here! They're for our holiday later this month. Its hot where we're going!!
 
I'm afraid to go for a pedicure because of possible infections. Call me over cautious!
Huh? You must have trimmed sometime.. I have fallen gotten scraped and bug bit and no infection.. We can't live in a bubble.. Germs are good.. ( don't get me started on antibiotic wipes!)
 
I must say I hadn't ever worried about possible infection from a pedicure. Nothing too drastic went on. Buffing, filing, exfoliating, lots of cream etc then nice nail varnish. No open cuts or anything like that.
 
@little red canoe, I've been trimming my own toenails. Not a pretty sight! You are so right, I'm being silly. But, I have read of infections coming after everything has healed. Not something I want. I'm sure as time goes on I'll be less concerned with infections. Of course, with all these cats running in and out I'm exposed to lots of germs! When I get a pedicure I'll tell then no cutting of the cuticles!
 
How many cats @sistersinhim? The most we ever had at one time was four. Currently only one but he's a massive Maine Coon.
 
Two problems I had with my first pedicure, several months after a TKR - climbing up onto the chair, so my feet could go in the foot bath, and having to sit with my knees bent for so long.
I didn't sustain any injuries, but I had warned the therapist to be gentle.
 
Yes I did have rather an unladylike scramble up into the seat but my knee gave no trouble at all. It was very well-behaved and bendy! The therapist treated me like I was a very very old lady with glass feet!
 
I waited a year after TKR for a pedicure, so took care of things myself. To be honest it was because I wanted to be sure I wouldn't infect someone else with my germs. When I did finally have one it was wonderful!
 
I'm a rescuer and I have 10 right now. I lost one last week due to AIDS. The most I've had is 13. I've asked God to please not send me anymore! I'm really tied down and can't leave anymore than a few days and nights. My vet gives me a break on her charges and that really helps! They definitely keep me busy and broke! They helped me rehab my knee!
 
I finally got a pedicure 2 weeks ago and it felt wonderful. My favorite outset was the calf massage, lol. My OS told me it was ok to get one.
 
That's a good idea to ask your OS. I'll do that, too.
 
@Spex10 .... I think you are doing wonderful with your knee! All the walking you're able to do is quite an accomplishment. You are wisely pulling back a bit when you do something that is a bit much for this point in recovery, but still testing the waters (literally) to see what works and what doesn't. That's perfect. I hope you enjoy your holiday.
 
Well I found myself doing some most uncharacteristic exercise this morning -the radio was blasting out old Chuck Berry songs in tribute to him and I accidentally discovered that I was dancing all round the kitchen as I made breakfast! RIP Chuck.
 
It is such a blessing when those unexpected things just happen! You two ladies are doing wonderfully! KC and the Sunshine Band was my unexpected dancing group!
 
The neighbours must have wondered why there was apparently an elephant thumping about in our house! I still can't get those songs out of my head though so might have another session later! Alternative PT anyone?
 
TKR zumba? Zumberry? Hey, I live in a nicely populated retirement haven....not such a bad idea over here! Glad to see you are doing well, @Spex10 ! Speaking of cats, our 'remedial' one just found a piece of string. She batted it around a bit, and is sitting and staring at it. It's been about 2 minutes now. Maybe she thinks it's going to move? Maybe she's not thinking at all? So many possibilities! :loll:
 
Aww a remedial cat! Poor thing. String eh? Simple things please simple minds.
My cat (see avatar) has been a most therapeutic companion during my recovery. He's pretty huffy these days as I'm out and about so much more.
Hot news- yesterday I managed up 2 flights of stairs using alternating legs and without using my stick or holding banisters. At snails pace but still a major step forward (literally!)
 
What good news about those steps! I don't have the courage to try them yet without holding on. Good for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom