TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have been well and truly overdoing things this week and am firmly in the over did it club and hunting for the exit. I do have a sparkling fridge!
The good news is that my new baby Grandaughter has arrived safe and well and is gorgeous. :egypdance:
I had a couple of sleepless nights and fretful days before she arrived as my daughter had a very difficult first delivery with complications and things were not entirely smooth this time but thankfully worked out well and both are safe and in good form. I am so thankful. I think that has contributed to me being so worn out this week.
I have only seen photos so far but will be going to see her on Wednesday and Thursday if all goes to plan. I am not looking forward to the journey at the moment as my knee is stiff and swollen due to too last weeks trip followed by to much time on my feet and sitting at my computer and not enough time resting, icing and elevating. It will however be worth it.
Last week I felt ready to take on the world and felt guilty that I wasn't back at work. This week I have come back to earth with a bump and am so glad I am still off. I am planning to take a full 12 weeks off in line with my doctors advice. I will start back on 28th May if I have a job. I should find out that week, I still don't have an interview date.
Hope everyone is well,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your grand daughter TF. So pleased all went well. Its very easy to overdo things still isnt it and get that stiff and swollen knee. With my meds changing for my BP my ankles are getting really swollen as i knew they would. When its a choice of the swollen ankles or high bp i have to put up with the ankles. My husband is working over the bank holiday so Im taking it easy at home which I dont mind at all. Things with Robyns Mum have plummeted again as now there is Marks new gf in the mix and I seem to be in the middle of things yet again. I never knew trying to organise a 3rd birthday party for her next weekend would be so difficult. I wish they would all take a step back and think of Robyn first. Sorry to go on. Little bit stressed about it at the moment. Also right knee is getting really painful. Dosent help. Hope you have a lovely weekend and get some rest before you see your beautiful grand daughter at the end of the week. Take Care x
 
CONGRATULATIONS Toothfairy on the safe arrival of your grandaugher. Very special time for you all. You'll feel a lot happier when you've seen your daughter and the new bub. I bet you can't wait. These knees are going to be telling us for quite some time what we can and can't do. I hope your knee feels better before you travel again. Take care. Jenny :martini:
 
Thanks Pat robynhood and Jenny kimejen
It will be very special to meet the new arrival. When Grandaughter 1 was born they lived locally so I saw her the same day but that was a very anxious time as my daughter was in high care and very poorly. At least this time they are both well which is such a relief. I can manage to wait a few days to see them (just).
Sorry to hear that things are still difficult Pat, I think you have hit the nail on the head when you said 'I wish they would all step back and think of Robyn first' no wonder you are stressed and distressed. In my view being distressed never helps with stress levels and stress leads to tense muscles which all increases the pain. It becomes a spiral. I hope things get sorted out for her party and that she can have a happy birthday which she deserves. Hope,you have that poor stiff knee iced and elevated. I am having a quiet day today and have my knee up. I am just going to do a bit more knitting. It has been sadly neglected,
Have a good day,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi pat, sorry t hear you are feeling stressed, keep ranting, we will listen! I hope the party sorts out, I'm sure it will and litte Robyn will have a ball. Hope your meds settle and your BP and ankles calm down. Take care, hugs and sunshine ! :SUNsmile: Fx robynhood
 
Hi TF, just wanted to say, many congrats again, am glad they are both doing well, I can hear those knitting needles clicking from here :rotfl:

Love Fernie x
 
Yay a granddaughter how wonderful congratulations :happydance: :egypdance: :spin: :ok: nice to have that delivery all done and dusted...now time for lots of cuddles for Mum and Bub.

No need to rush about now...a couple of weeks of rest(even though it includes a bit of driving)to get yourself back on the track...you'll be fine you've been powering along for weeks now. Try and make the journey as gentle as possible..don't forget to have stops so you can get out and have a little walk and a stretch. :whistle:

I spend five hours out yesterday mainly travelling to and them watching my nephew play footaball...so easy we do Overlook the need to just move. Sitting, sitting sitting, :gaah: :hissy: new knee is going to need some extra TLC today to make up for our adventure. It is so frustrating because I was not 'doing' anything...so not doing can be as counter-productive as doing :headbang: ...still the whole journey is about life long learning isn't it TF. :wink:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
and add congratulations on your new granddaughter. Next to great-grandchildren, grandchildren are the best!!!!
 
Thank you everyone. My knee is in a major strop with me despite spending a fair bit of time resting, icing and elevating yesterday and today. I think I will need to either miss or drastically cut back on my exercise bike for a couple of days to let it settle. It is a shame as I am really enjoying it but perhaps 30 minutes is just too much when my knee is having a grumble. Maybe just do 5 tomorrow and repeat a couple of times during the day if my knee is happy and leave alone if it is unhappy.
I had planned to make some cakes and meals to take to my daughters but if my knee is grumpy I might just buy some food. On the positive side the little Aran cardi is making some progress. I am knitting both fronts and the back all in one piece up to the armholes so progress looks slow.
No matter what my knee is doing I am going to visit my precious new grandchild later this week.
On a different note has anyone heard of or tried a product called Physiocool? It is a reusable self cooling compression bandage. A friend told me about it today and I was intrigued and googled it. There is a hospital in Dorset trialling it successfully on TKR patients. I am intrigued and think I will buy one to try.
Must get some sleep now.
Apologies for being so neglectful of posts at the moment. I will try to catch up soon,
Hugs to all,
Toothfairy x
 
Congrats, grandma! What a precious gift a new granddaughter is!
My knee is being grumpy as well. I wake up feeling so good, after a few hours I am limping again. Today and yesterday were extended ice and rest times for me as well.
Take care and enjoy your trip. Cuddle up a storm!
 
Just catching up on your thread TF and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS is in order. :yay: Finally your little granddaughter has arrived how lovely I bet your looking forward to meeting her. 30 minutes on the bike wow you are doing great! Although you might have to cut back a little if it is giving you grief! take care :flwrysmile:
 
Toothfairy, enjoy your visit to see your daughter and new grandaughter. I hope the trip goes well. What does Big sister think about all this? Have lots of cuddles. :friends:
 
Thanks Jenny kimejen and Ready and Kathy landoz
I am really looking forward to meeting the new arrival and also to spending time with my daughter and number on Grandaughter who is currently thrilled with her new sister and is being very sweet. The novelty may well wear off!
I am waiting to hear if we are still going as my daughter has mastitis and is feeling a bit poorly. She started on antibiotics last night and says she is a bit better today but will let me know later if she is up to visitors. If we don't go this week we will go next week.
I think my knee will be pleased if it is another week before we go.
It is feeling better each day but is still getting swollen and tight if I stand too much. I have realised that I tweaked it the other day when I missed a step and went down two at the same time. :yikes: I didn't think much of it a the time but am now fairly certain that this is what has aggravated my knee. It is not painful just a bit more swollen than it was. It will soon settle as long as I keep behaving!
I feel much better about it now I have figured out the cause!
I will be treating it very gently for the next couple of weeks so it is as recovered as possible before I go back to work.
On another note I go a letter from the hospital today with an appointment for my pre-op assessment for knee two :yikes:
It is on 3rd June. It is really strange, I have been expecting it but feel really nervous! I expect that is quite normal and am sure I will cycle through many emotions between now and having knee two done! robynhood jetthugger Fernie
Hope you are all having a lovely day,
Hugs Toothfairy x :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Lord TF , 3rd June is near ! Kudos to you x million! So looks like mid to late June ? You are v brave, there's no way I could go through this again so soon. But you know how it is done now :heehee:. You have a solid crew to get though rough knee no 2.:)

Yes, those pesky trips which we dismiss at the time come back to haunt us, there is no getting away from the knee king :bow: :bow:

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon, poor honey. Fernie x
 
Tooth Fairy,


Congratulations on your granddaughter. She will look beautiful in all the new things you have knit for her.
We had our TKR about the same time - mine was 2/20, and I'm having the same problem as you. Rode the recumbent bike too long, rested and elevated for a couple of days, and then, of course, I had to get back on the bike again. About an hour after 5 minutes on the bike, my knee had gone very stiff and swollen. Very hard to know what to do at this point, but I think I'm going to stay off the bike for awhile and up the walking program. I did call the dr., and he put me on an anti-inflammatory, took one last night, and it seems better this morning. I remind myself that when I got my pacemaker in 1999, it took me about six months before I didn't want to rip the foreign object out of my body. That helps me believe that I will, in fact, also get used to this "alien knee", and that it's already infinitely better than the old arthritic one.

I admire you all who are back to work. You're right, it sounds like the getting ready thing in the morning, and getting there can be the hardest part. I see you are close to getting the other knee done, and I wish you all the best with that.

Enjoy that new grandbaby, and have a great day, week. :angel:
Dorothy
 
Thanks Fernie , it is a thought starting over with knee 2 but it will be good and another step on the road to two super efficient non creaky knees that won't crunch with every step. I will be able to sneak up behind people again!
Hello turtle68 and welcome to my thread. It is quite a juggling act this recovery, finding the balance between enough exercise to make progress and not over doing things. I am still using my bike but have reduced time and intensity. I have also increased my resting, ice and elevating time again and my knee is much better.
I will take an ice pack with me in the car tomorrow and sit with my knee nicely chilling while we travel.
I am really looking forward to seeing my granddaughters and my daughter. I am very lucky to have them.
Wishing everyone a lovely day, I will report back when I am home again, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes!: :wink:
 
Hi TF, wishing you a wonderful time visiting your daughter and grand daughters. Its just what you need to give yourself a lift. You are very lucky. Take care of that knee tho. Special hugs x x
 
Thank you Pat, I hope things are looking up for you too,
Hugs and special hugs back to you,
Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
Hey Fluttery one - just wanted to wish you a lovely and painfree journey today. Look forward to a full report on the grandaughters when you get back.

Such a special day for you.
lots of smiles and best wishes, your super-sonic virtual Fernie friend... x
 
Hi TF, sorry I've been off a few days! Like you, got stuck in zodiac! If you find the exit, let me know! :whistle:
Hope your trip is going well & you get loads of snuggle time with your grandchildren.
Never had mastitis, but imagine its not very pleasant! Maybe your ice packs will come in useful for more than knees? I hope your daughter responds quickly to the anti-b's.
Will catch up with you on your return.
Big hugs & hope the weather is splendid where you are! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom