PKR Exercise & Gym Classes etc after Patello-Femoral Replacement

@gothgirl1
You'll notice that I have copied your newest post with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thanks I was about to post it here so hopefully now someone will answer..
 
I suspect that as winter passes and you come up on your one year anniversary, that tight band feeling will have resolved.
 
I had a patello femoral replacement on 12/9. I am a little over 5 weeks post op. The recovery has not been horrible. I do feel a change in my knee when the barometric pressure drops, that constant aching. So the weather I can say definitely does affect what's going on in the knee.
 
Well, at five months post TKR , I joined a group tour and hiked in the French and Swiss alps. My OS gave me the go ahead after my three month checkup. I had no problems, although I hiked a lot more thoughtfully than before the surgery. I now hike a few miles every week with a local group and do three Pilates reformer classes every week. My surgery was without complications and I was in good shape prior to it. I’m careful about what I do and, if it hurts I don’t do it. Good luck with your recovery.

Gmom - how are you with Pilates on the kneecap?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom