Excellent sign / hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the dentist right now because orthopedics wants to make sure I have no issues with my teeth I went through this last year with my right hip so we are headed in the right direction I also returned the NP Call she said she wants me to be seen sooner so we can push up the surgery - we shall see - perhaps they're doing this because my hip is so bad , who knows.
 
Squeaky wheel and all that Rich.. Take care


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I'm cleared for surgery, no issues with my teeth i knew that already, whatever.
Spoke to the nurse practitioner and my appt was pushed up to Sept 5th at 2pm , big deal, the issue is the weight i have not lost any weight even remotely close to what my surgeon says i needed to lose to do the SX , so at this point the appt i'm only spinning my wheels , i don't even care anymore honestly...we all know when i see the surgeon he's going to tell me what i don 't want to hear " Mr Cooper we agreed you lose weight and we will do the SX you didn't hold your end of the bargain "

* If he says this i swear as sure as the sun rises in the east i will be letting him have it with both barrels i'm done with this, i'll just live on percs *
 
Rich....at 5 feet 7 inches (67 inches) and 277 pounds, your BMI is 43.4. Your doctor wanted you to get below 40. 255 pounds is a BMI of 39.9. That is 22 pounds from where you were a week ago at 277 (don't know what you are today).

Your appointment is (hooray!!!) September 5th. So, launch a huge project to drink massive amounts of water and eat healthy, low calorie foods between now and then. See if you can drop at least a couple of pounds. If you are less than 20 pounds from his goal, you have excellent grounds for a discussion about the surgery.

Actually, you have grounds for discussion anyway because you NEED the surgery in order to be able to move and lose weight. So....even if you don't get closer to his goal, you can still make the argument (nicely, of course). Can you get your wife to go with you and back you up? As I recall she was a lot of help last time.
 
My wife is livid/excited and determined and WILL talk for me next Thursday , i already talked to Lisa tonight , so yes she is going with me , i even went so far as to ask her " Will you talk to them for me" i sure will hun she said we need to get this hip done for you.i'm eating ONLY what i'm allowed and drinking lots of water.so i dont know what more i can do.

Rich " the frustrated one ":headbang: :sad: :gaah: :tantrum: :hissy::skep: :beg:
 
Go Lisa!!!

I reckon Lisa will talk your surgeon into doing the surgery Rich... Good advice from Jamie, you are doing as much as you can..

Roll on 5 Sept :)
 
Poppet - I hope lisa can convince them i am doing the best i can and have been for a long time now, lisa is very convincing once she gets going , i have seen her in action with one of the other surgeons and i was floored when i sat back and watched her go , just pull the string and off she went, i was so proud i said to myself " thats my wife ":) :spin:
 
Sounds a bit like myself when I get fired up Rich, my hubby keeps saying to me "you could have been in the special forces, no problem" !!
 
I am learning from her though , that i don't have to go to every fight i'm in invited to and it really makes sense because my life is so less stressful, but what i do take from her when she does speak up is she's to the point she's never disrespectful and she is always passionate , just like me,i learn the hard way that now when she says " "will you just leave me alone please" i do, in the past i would hang all over her and hound her to talk especially when we'd fight, the Mahoney(her maiden name) in her would come out, (she's irish) and that's all it took i knew enough to give her , her space - so i'm hard headed, i'm also irish, not a good combination two irish people living under the same roof ..LOL

Anyway i'm sure she already knows what she's going to say tp my surgeon, she doesn't prepare she goes with the flow, amazing , i could never do it .but again i'm not her right ?:bow: :tada:
 
Okay!!! Now I have confidence that this will turn out well when you see the doc. You guys will double team him and you have your wife on as first string. Ya can't lose!!!!
 
My surgeon is pretty passive and i know when i speak up to him he backs right off and honestly i dont care if and when i speak up to him(although the plan is for Lisa ONLY to talk to him) i hurt his feelings or water him off , i dont care anymore i have to get this SX done ASAP, i'm no ones buddy anymore i pay the price when i'm your pal, i think i am going to be okay and i also took your advice i'm going to start drinking so much water i'm going to float.:thankyou:
 
So happy your appointment is earlier Rich! Well done! Two very determined people will get this done!
 
We can only hope we can get it done my wife is a stubborn - - - i think she'' convince him to give me a break, lord knows i deserve one, i have been through enough.

How are you doing these days, it can't always be about me in these messages / posts ya know :)
 
Be careful not to overdo drinking the water Rich, you may unbalance your electrolytes :)
 
Electrolytes ? i have heard that before but what are they exactly and if i did unbalance them what would happen, i am going to drink lots of water but i'm not going crazy with it.
 
I know how you feel and I can't offer any medical help but I am with you in spirit. Hang in there. I know I cried a lot before my diagnosis and very little after because someone finally put a name to the pain...I just had to wait. I to am over-overweight...I hate the word obese, I think it was made up by some medical professional who was underweight, had a family history of being underweight and believed everyone on earth should be underweight. Sorry went off a bit there...My OS wanted me to loose some weight, tearfully I ask how much, he then said I was "doable" but don't gain any weight before surgery. Yes I would have liked to lost some weight before surgery, maybe getting in and out of bed or out of a chair may have been easier but really at this point I don't see where 25 pounds would have made much of a difference. I hope you find some relief, yell at us we can take it!
 
Assuming that your kidneys function correctly, you should be getting between 64-80 ounces of fluid a day normally. A healthy person can safely drink more. But a lot of people drink inadequate amounts of water these days, so that "normal" level can seem like a lot. When I was in Weight Watchers, I was drinking about a gallon (128 ounces) of water throughout the day and evening. The bathroom was my best friend!!!

Remember, that you get some fluids from food you eat as well as from water. Consuming too much water is extremely rare, especially for someone who is not exercising heavily or forcing large amounts in a short period of time. Normal kidneys can excrete about 1 liter of fluid per hour. So just ensure that you drink the water throughout the day and you should be just fine.

Stay away from diet soda pop and drinks with caffine. They dehydrate you and many of the diet drinks have added salt in them. Pure, plain water is best.
 
This hip is teaching vast amounts of patience and I don't like it but I have accepted it , I have realized just because I don't like something doesn't mean I have to like it , anyhow yesterday I started drinking plain ole H2o I add a few equeal and it breaks up the taste anyway I'm out to dinner with my wife an. She just sat down I better go and enjoy her company and her birthday today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom