TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a typical look of a garden box with my cloche supports in for colder weather.
[Bonesmart.org] Everything Comes to She Who Waits
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Google" says, C.T. Scan or M.R.I are used to determine soft tissue damage.

MRI scans just give clearer images of the soft tissue. If I am having my photo taken (even if its an internal photo) I want to look my best :heehee:. Its a nice sharp picture or nothing.

But of course you are right.:yes!: I will get what I get, and if I can't have MRI I will ask for a CT scan instead. I had forgotten about CT scans, so really pleased you raised it.:friends:
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Carol,
Can an O.S. Diagnosis be done by a manual exam ? Can he tell soft tissue damage by handling
& moving your knee around ?:shrug: I would like to know, back to "Google":heehee:
@JustJeff
Your yard is Gorgeous, I have woodchucks so, no gardening in my yard :sad: I do love to watch
Them....We also have...Deer, foxes, skunks, hawks, raccoons. I live on the edge of the woods.
One time I had wild Turkeys at my bird feeder, they were huge :yikes: Do you have trouble with
Wildlife in your yard ?:kitty:
Have a Wonderful Day,
Diana :loveshwr::wave::loveshwr:
 
Can an O.S. Diagnosis be done by a manual exam ? Can he tell soft tissue damage by handling
& moving your knee around ?:shrug: I would like to know, back to "Google

Hi Diana, I don't know. I guess it might be possible depending on what is wrong.

I need to have a serious talk to you. You ready? Miss Diana your knee is a success story. Its fulfilled all your expectations and some. You should be out there doing all the lovely things your new knee allows not supporting, and comforting me - not to mention making me kill myself laughing. I'm stuck on this path because I am still plodding in the direction of the Promised Land, but you arrived there months ago. See what I'm saying? Carol
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol,
I am going to make a point of reading Shortie's forum today :) It's always good to learn from
Others journey's.
I don't think you should jump to thinking revision, until after your 2nd opinion. There are
Plenty of other answers to problems. Like my O.S. Says "We don't just do Surgeries":SUNsmile:
Are you doing any fun things until your appointment ? :walking:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Are you doing any fun things until your appointment

Not specifically. I find that the best days are the ones that just happen. We planned a Sunday lunch out yesterday and it was a bit of a disappointment - mediocre food and not much atmosphere. Whereas today we had a walk in the forest and stopped off at a little cafe for a sausage sandwich and it was perfect - sunshine, bird song, lovely sausage and big mugs of tea.

The next awayday for me is on my birthday - 1 August. Me and my sister are off for a 3 night break. We've been their many times and it suits us, mainly because they have good after dinner entertainment. Remember its the place I do my standing still, moving my arms around unique dancing.

What about you.? Any fun things in the pipeline? Carol
 
@patient 99
Dear Carol,
The reason I am still here is, I have quite a few friends on "Bonesmart" who I still keep
In touch with from last year. Some are doing great, some still have problems. I promised them I
Would be here for them until they reached the "Promised Land" I am a person of my word, so here
I am :flwrysmile:I also work nights, so I have the time. Now, The reason I am here for you is.....You & I are the
Same...cynical, Hilarious, speak our minds, honest. You are the "British" me.
Until you step foot in the promised land for good, I'm afraid you are stuck with me :friends:
Plus, I love Ya :loveshwr::loveshwr:( In the U.S, we don't have a problem saying this )
Diana :friends:P.S....I am like gum on the bottom of your shoe, just try getting rid of me :rotfl::rofsign::loll:
 
@patient 99
The next big thing for me is...My husbands Birthday is Wednesday June 25.:happydance:I took
The night off of work. We are taking him out to eat. I was going to have a cook- out, but
I would rather be served, than have to serve others :heehee: I may even have a :martini:
My husband will be 65, I am 54... The man has more energy than I do in my little finger.
He has a replaced shoulder & hip & Arthritis in his whole body. Yet, everyday he gets up for
Work. I didn't see him all weekend ( he worked 20 hrs. Overtime ):yikes: He can't sit down.
I on the other hand have no problem relaxing all day long :zzz:
My husband has 6 weeks paid vacation, we don't go anywhere over night, because I still work
Nights through the summer.
So, he takes Monday's off all summer, we will go out to eat & possible walk along the beach.
Half the Summer I sit in front of my Air Conditioner, I don't go out in the heat :yikes:
I hate the Summer:SUNsmile: Love the winter :snow dig:
 
I have quite a few friends on "Bonesmart"

So others are getting your attention too. Well I am not sure about that! :bawl:
I'd like names please. I'm going to google to see if there is a polite way to say `push off'


Until you step foot in the promised land for good, I'm afraid you are stuck with me

Oh well that's alright then:happydance:
 
He has a replaced shoulder

I didn't know you could get a replaced shoulder. Is the recovery similar to hips and knees? Is a cook-out the same as a take-away? How far are you from the beach? Like you we live on the edge of a forest but getting to the beach (a pebble beach) is a 45min drive. Its not the distance that makes it take that long, but the traffic on single lane roads. We certainly don't get all the animals in our garden that you do. Foxes are everywhere as are grey squirrels. We get deer in the garden and you have to be careful driving at night because they are on the roads. Mike hit one one night - it came out of nowhere. His car was a right off. Really shook him up.

65 is a special birthday for men in the UK. Traditionally is was the age of retirement (although that's recently changed). Men still get a free bus pass when they reach 65 (60 for women) and other concessions at cinemas etc.
The thing Mike likes best of all is that he gets old age pensioner rates when he goes to get his hair cut (he is 67). He wishes there were OAP rates on pints of beer - I told him that only happens in the Promised Land. He gave me a funny look. I don't think he knows that much about PL. xx Carol


we will go out to eat & possible walk along the beach.

Sounds delightful. Bet you even use the L word:blush::blush::blush:
 
@patient 99
So many questions :heehee: A shoulder replacement is hard because there are 8 muscles that
Hold it in place. I think he was out of work for 2 months. I don't know what a "Take Away" is
A Cook out is when you throw a bunch of meat ( hot dogs, steak, burgers ) on the grill &
Cook out. Also, plenty of beer:cheers: & good music or a Red Sox game on the radio.
I am in the "Promised Land" as far as location.......I live 10 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, by car :driver:
I really do live in a Beautiful State ( Massachusetts ) We have Mountains, Beaches, skiing, boating,
Great food, you name it we have it. Best hospitals in the world...We are all proud "Bostonians"
We get discounts on movies, coffees, hotels....He is a members of AARP...Do you have this in England ?
You are right......I do Love my Husband :loveshwr:& have for 25 yrs.
Diana :wave::loveshwr:
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Carol,
Can an O.S. Diagnosis be done by a manual exam ? Can he tell soft tissue damage by handling
& moving your knee around ?:shrug: I would like to know, back to "Google":heehee:
@JustJeff
Your yard is Gorgeous, I have woodchucks so, no gardening in my yard :sad: I do love to watch
Them....We also have...Deer, foxes, skunks, hawks, raccoons. I live on the edge of the woods.
One time I had wild Turkeys at my bird feeder, they were huge :yikes: Do you have trouble with
Wildlife in your yard ?:kitty:
Have a Wonderful Day,
Diana :loveshwr::wave::loveshwr:
Diana,
Thank you do much! I love growing things and having a healthy food supply living right outside. My friends are loving the salads made from the large harvest that I brought with me on vacation here in Ventnor.
We have squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits. There was a groundhog who moved in, in the fall 2 years ago. I got a trap to relocate him in the spring when he came out but I never saw him again. money for trap wasted. I did catch 2 squirrels but it was just inconvenient for them.
I don't have any trouble in my garden boxes due to the hardware cloth that surrounds them. Animals can't burrow under as the mesh flares out at about a foot from the vertical. Grass grows through it, effectively camouflaging it. Never had any problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Hi Diana, a Take Away is when you go to the restaurant, but instead of eating in the restaurant they put the food in containers and you eat it at home. A `cook out' is what I'd call a barbeque. AARP??


.I do Love my Husband :loveshwr:& have for 25 yrs.

What all the time for 25 years. :wowspring:I don't even love ME that much. And you know how loveable
I am:wink:

ps: the scab came off my head today. Thought you'd like to know.
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol :wave:
We call that "Take Out" Barbeque is more a down south thing, with ribs & chicken. I am
Very happy your scab has fallen off, I was eating Supper as I read this :sick:
a.A.R.P is a group for folks over 50, you get really great discounts for Everything :happydance:
I will wait for Josephine's answer to you. I am running late for work, talk Soon:type:
I probably have loved my Husband 22 of the 25 years, Off & On :rotfl::rofsign:
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr::wave:
 
@Josephine Please could you tell me in layman's terms what an open arthrolysis is and also what an arthroscopic arthrolysis is?
'arthro' means joint. 'lysis' means 'breaking down of'. So arthrolysis in and of itself just means breaking down of in a joint! You have to quantity it by adding other information such as "arthrolysis of adhesions in a knee joint". In this case, the 'lysis' is general done with diathermy (a sophisticated form of cautery) or just a scalpel, scissors of blunt dissection which means teasing or breaking the tissues apart with a blunt instrument. And actually, quite a lot of surgery is done using blunt dissection as it tends to bleed a lot less.
I didn't know you could get a replaced shoulder. Is the recovery similar to hips and knees?
All these joints can be replaced
Hip
Knee*
Ankle*
Big toe
Small toes
Shoulder*
Elbow*
Wrist
Joints in the hand
Fingers
Spine (intervertebral joints)

*the recovery for these joints is at least as bad as a knee and often worse!
Can an O.S. Diagnosis be done by a manual exam ? Can he tell soft tissue damage by handling moving your knee around ?:shrug: I would like to know, back to "Google"
Of course he can! He knows what a normal knee feels like so if the anything feels abnormal, flaccid or otherwise malfunctioning he can usually tell. However, without doubt, the person who has significant skills in this regard is a chiropractor
 
@patient 99
Isn't Josephine wonderful :loveshwr:She answered your Questions & mine. I find her information
Extremely helpful. Has your O.S manually examined your knee ? Possibly this & an X- Ray could
Give you some answers.
My O.S never really touches my knee, granted I don't have a problem,but I'm sure they could tell
A lot.
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
@Josephine Thanks you.

And an arthroscopic arthrolysis is similar to an open arthrolysis except the former is key hole?

The last time I saw the surgeon who did my TKR he sent a letter to my GP saying `I do not think that her symptoms are bad enough for an open arthrolysis. An arthroscopic arthrolysis is possible, but in my experience it is rarely really successful and increases the risk of infection'.

There is no quantifying it as you suggested ie, arthrolysis of adhesions?

Just so that I know I've got it right, the procedure, open or keyhole, involves teasing or breaking the tissue apart. The aim being to get rid of adhesions or excessive scar tissue that is tethering the knee?

Is it normally done when ROM is approx. 100/0, and where there is only occasional pain, but constant discomfort when active - knee feels like a log.
 
Isn't Josephine wonderful :loveshwr:She answered your Questions & mine.

Hi Diana, I am eternally grateful for what she does. Interesting to know that OSs can tell quite a lot from just handling the knee. My OS did do that and he checked to see if my hip was OK too - it was.

Did some gardening today. I tried it without the elastic support. Whilst in the past I could have gone all day, I did about 3 hours which I thought wasn't bad going. You know it sometimes feels like there is a really good replacement knee in there just needing somebody to untie it.

Sorry I put you off your supper<chuckle>. I guess you can take this `sharing' just a bit too far at times :mute:
Say happy birthday to your husband for me. Hope the meal, little drinkies and the beach walk is lovely.Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom