TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the knees clunking:

My new knee is 2 years and 5 months old and it still sometimes makes clunking noises. Some days it clunks, some days it doesn't. Since my surgeon has assured me it is nothing to worry about, all the knee components are in the right place and in good working order, and the clunking doesn't hurt at all, I just ignore it. I think it's just because I have hard metal and plastic, instead of softer bone and cartilage.

The clunking sounds quite loud to me, but nobody else seems to hear it.
 
Hi, pleased you had a good time. Was this a Warner Hotel?

I'm really hoping to go to a pool soon, :swim:when I get the permission from my haematology consultant. I must use my bike again, static that is.:upright:

No bingo wings for Carol then!! :climb:This is the nearest I can get to your new dance!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Was this a Warner Hotel?
Hi Sue, Yes it was Warners. I love Warners because they ENTERTAIN you. I dont want to put my best frock on just to sit and eat dinner. Also children aren't allowed, so there is no peeing in the pool or food on the floor in the restaurant. Carol
 
Hello to all my "cyber friends on Carol's thread". Sounds like you had a great time and got some inspiration. @Dabber @new knee in June , @robynhood It is always good to hear from you. I am inspired by all of you, and like Carol I like to hear how everyone else's knees are doing. I have a neighbor who had TKR 2 months ago, and she's already in water aerobics and all over the place. Makes me extremely jealous, but it is what it is.

Having a really s"&@$ day today as doing colonoscopy prep for procedure tomorrow. Just trying to keep busy.

Take care.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
Just stopping by to say hello! Good to see you all are still around. I hope all is well and I am sorry to hear Dorothy that you are having a colonoscopy. I hope all goes well!

Have a wonderful kneeasy night! :flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear you had a good break Carol does you the world of good getting away. You know as I got better with my knee recovery I actually changed bedrooms. The memories of the one I recovered in was pain depression and and despair. I couldn't bear it so moved to the sunny bedroom at the front of the house when my daughter moved out. Did wonders for my state of mind. So sorry to hear you having another procedure Dorothy. Hope all goes well. Have a good week Carol. Onwards and Upwards❤️❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@patient 99
Carol, Are you there ? :skep: I was just reading on Someone's thread ( I forget whose ) that they
Had all over body aches, after Knee- replacement:tantrum: It is from trying to re- align our bodies
Quickly after surgery. That explains my aches, maybe this could help someone else. I limped for
3 yrs. & suddenly after surgery, no more limp. My other muscles ache, back, other leg, calves.
The more I do, The more I ache:headbang:
Could this be the O.D.I.C:shrug: I really think it is....... Re-alignment = O.D.I.C.....
Oh My Gosh !!!!!!! I am so smart.....I amaze myself:egypdance:The good news is it does get better:happydance:
Have a wonderful Day:SUNsmile:
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
Oh poor you @turtle68 has it all happened now, how did it go?
Rock on @patient 99 set the pace for us!
@robynhood sounds a good plan to move rooms, I like ours but having spent almost a year in it, well, you can just have too much!
Hello @daugher stalker I do love your avatar.
@new knee in June My GP said more or less the same thing as you. All those muscles need to get back to working normally. She thought my knee looked great and I walked straight and the rest would follow AND remember the arthritis pain.....big one that!
I went for a little walk by myself, usually I hang onto Dh. Our youngest grandson is 3 today but we will have cake on Sat.:wowspring:
Dabs
 
Hi all, procedure is over and all is well, nothing unusual. Don't have to do that for another 10 years.
@robynhood moving rooms is a great idea. Since I'm more recovered from TKR, I use bed in master only for sleeping and will go into guest room if I want to watch tv late. Sue, that is great you got out for a walk and you're right about our bodies adjusting. Diana, hopefully one day we will get all these body parts to work together. Carol, how is the hallway decorating coming along? We had some painting done and I had him change the color before the paint was even dry. That's what is great about paint. @daughter stalker thank you for your good wishes and I like your avatar as well.

ciao, Dorothy
 
Oh My Gosh !!!!!!! I am so smart.....I amaze myself

chuckle. OK Ms Smarty Pants. They had a quiz at my Motown Weekend break. One of the questions (which I couldn't answer ) was what were the first names of the Blues Brothers????? Googling not allowed:cool::cool:

Your theory as to what is causing your aches and pains seems logical - I put mine down to old age. Who said that??:yikes::yikes: Cheek.
 
@patient 99
Good Morning Carol,
I refuse to chalk this up to old age:yikes: I am only 54, How will I feel when I'm 65 :old:
I shutter to think about this ( covering my ears ):whistle:
The answer to your Trivia question is......Jake, played by Dan Ackroyd ( sp) & Elwood
Played by the Late, Great.... John Belushi.
No googling needed:heehee: See, my mind is still sharp:yay:
Today I am planting 3 gardens, Off to dig in the dirt:cool:
Have a great day,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
I couldn't bear it so moved to the sunny bedroom

Hi Pat, I can so understand this. Sometimes when we are depressed we (including GPs) think `pill', but there is so much more to it. What a very wise move on your part. Now the next question is what will you do to ensure the old bedroom doesn't remain a no-go room? Perhaps all that's needed is time???

I was thinking about you the other day (no reason, you just came into my head). Both of us have a dread of having to have the other knee done. However, given that your baker's cyst is so painful have you got anything to lose by going ahead and having your 2nd TKR? You would have pain and all that goes with it, but it would mean you would be in recovery, unlike now where you are just suffering. That was my thought. Carol
 
Hi Carol,
Have any plans for the weekend? I hadn't thought about no kids in a pool is a clean pool. I often wonder if adults are not worse offenders. When I was a kid a friend had a sign in their bathroom that said. "We don't swim in your Toilet, Please do not pee in our pool", complete with graphics, still makes me smile to think about that sign.
 
still makes me smile to think about that sign.


Hi Chris, its funny the things that stick in our memories. I've just been out doing a bit of shopping (my favourite thing in the whole world). Also I've spent most of the morning listening to my sister having a moan. Her favourite thing in the whole world was to have a regular flow of boyfriends. She has been married for years, but she still hankers after those heady days - getting dressed up, heart a flutter for a while. Now she has to make do with her husband ( a lovely man) and Me (Not such a lovely sister). She says she wants more EXCITEMENT. I said `Don't we all'. I wish I could help. I really do. But short of dressing up as a man and arriving at her door with a bunch of flowers I don't know what to suggest. All I know about these days is TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS. xx Carol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom