TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just come back from an exercise class designed for people trying to hold off having knee replacements. I went to help my god given right knee.

I was truly amazed when one of my class mates said that I obviously knew a lot about knee replacements. It made me smile. 14 months ago I didn't know my ROM from my elbow. My class mate thought a Revision meant that the surgeon had training to update his skills. I would have said the same not too long ago.:scratch:

I think the point I am making is that it brought home to me just how well informed we Bonesmarties are. I know the learning curve wasn't so steep for some of you. But I am sure there were others like me who knew absolutely nothing - not even the right height to elevate and ice was something I had in a gin and tonic.

I accept that I still could not carry out the surgery (chuckle), but I could now address the basics. Who would have thought it :what::what: . All down to Bonesmarties. If knowledge is power you folk have sure empowered me. Carol

ps now could you please just help me to win the lottery. I'd be ever so grateful. xx
 
Great post Carol,
It is amazing all the information available on Bonesmart, from the basics right up to more complex information about Knee and Hip replacments with the latest scientific information.

now could you please just help me to win the lottery
If you win are you flying all of us to a Bonesmartie convention? :heehee:
 
Hi Chris, I would of course like to say yes. But you lot would all want to go first class - plenty of room to stretch. Tell you what, if I win a £million I will pay half. If I win £10 million everything is on Aunty Carol, including all the ice, personal masseurs, extra pillows - the lot. Diana can even take her snake. Can't be fairer than that. x Carol.

Should just add that I've tried to win the lottery before. Mutley gave me the numbers that time. Not a sausage. Do you want to give me 6 numbers now between 1 and 90 for tomorrow's lotto.
 
6-10-11-25-54-65:yahoo::yahoo:There you go Dr. Carol...soon to be surgeon to the stars :heehee:
Now, did I hear there will be Body Searches before this flight...:wink: If so, count me in:yes!::yes!:
I would also like to request 8 additional 1st. Class tickets for my "Mighty WARRIORS":roseshwr:
& make room in cargo for lots of "WALNUTS":cheers:
Can't Wait :wave::loveshwr::wave:
Diana:flwrysmile: @patient 99
 
Hi Diana thanks for the numbers. Its pouring of rain, but if I don't go out and buy a lotto ticket and the numbers come up I don't know what I'd do. For starters I'd buy a gun and take it from there.

Full body search. You would have to form an orderly queue - after me.:heehee::heehee:
 
@patient 99
Hello Carol,
Good Luck on the #'s, I better play them too :) Rain here today & all week :tantrum:
I can't plant my gardens or paint my deck:gaah:I am so bored, so off to the gym to walk
Treadmill for 1 hour:happydance:
Have a great Weekend,
Diana:wave::loveshwr::wave:
 
Oh:rofsign:If you win we could charter a plane and really have fun at the airport!
 
I better play them too
Apparently the lotto numbers only go up to 49, so I had to replace 54 and 65 with 48 and 49. But I braved the rain and bought the ticket. So just waiting now:chillpill:


off to the gym


I don't like the gym. Nobody talks to you. They all look so earnest and, yes, righteous . I've stood next to a person on the treadmill for up to half and hour and they haven't so much as smiled at me. There's a big mirror in front of us, so even if they didn't want to turn their head they could wink or something. I've thought I might put my tongue out or blow a raspberry just to see what reaction I get. :wave:
 
Hi Dorothy, not sure if you are still away. I've just messaged Sue. I wondered what you thought. Do you think that as she is now talking about her knee and even thinking of exercising it that it sounds positive?
 
@patient 99
Hi Carol:wave:We have 1 lottery game here ( Mega Millions) that goes up to 99. I guess
It's O.K that you changed the #'s to suit your game better. Bravo, for trudging out into the
Rain.
I have often thought how rude the gym is ( everyone has head phones on ) If I tried to talk
To anyone they wouldn't hear me:heehee: So sad, I'm sure we could make some new friends:friends:
If you saw me you would laugh, a middle-aged, slow moving Rock & Roll Mama:rotfl::old::rotfl:
Rock On,
Diana:treadmill:
 
a middle-aged, slow moving Rock & Roll Mama

Diana, I most certainly would not laugh. I would casually walk up to you (with my shades on of course) and say `hi Mama how you doing. Want to score some glucosemone with omega 3.

Talking supplements. At yesterday's class we had a talk on the benefits of supplements to improve bones. The speaker said none of the research showed that they did any good. Apparently only the oils in oily fish (sardines, mackerel, salmon etc) made a difference. Carol

ps: unpack your bags, we didn't get a single number. But written on the ticket `supporting life changing projects in your community'. Perhaps I should try that angle. I'm definitely a strong candidate. I live in a community and I sure would like my life changed - starting with a Raquel Welch wig for 21 May. What about you D'D? anything life changing you fancy?

pss: I keep meaning to ask what does MTM mean when you write to Bionic woman2.
 
Z


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well I'm not sure where that Z came from I was reading your posts Carol and must have pressed something on my phone. I was thinking what a great idea the class you went to for pre op. I think when arthritis is so bad bone on bone there is no other option left but like you I would grab hold of anything that could delay another TKR just yet. This site has taught me so much as well as meeting so many people from all over the world with one big thing in common. I'm always grateful for that. My knee changes from day to day and I'm hoping I can at least reach the end of this year without another op. Hope everyone has a good relaxing Sunday.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@patient 99
Dear Carol,
Sorry about the lottery, We'll keep on trying:) I laughed out loud ( LOL ) about the
Glucosamine w/ Fish oil chaser:rotfl::rotfl: I'll have a double :cheers: If I could change 1 thing...
It would be this weather:blackcloud:Too much rain....Yesterday, Today, all next week:tantrum: I might
See the:SUNsmile:Next Saturday. Very Depressing.....:hairpulling:
Well, Dearest Carol....I am off to work for a few hours of glorious peace, with my favorite
Person on this Earth...( Myself ):happydance:I think I'll give myself a raise:rotfl::rofsign:
Have a Wonderful Day,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
P.S....M.T.M = Multi....Tasking.....Mama:friends:
 
What do you do, @new knee in June if Carol doesn't mind me using her thread. I cannot work through nearly 2000 posts. :heehee:
Supplements, makes you wonder why we need new knees if they work!
 
I would grab hold of anything that could delay another TKR

Hi Pat, as you say you can't do anything to reverse bone on bone, but even knees that have reached that stage can be helped by building muscle. Whilst this seems obvious now, for a long time I thought the less I asked of my un-operated knee the longer it would be before I had to have another TKR. In fact all that's been happening is that I've been letting this leg/knee get progressively weaker. My going to the Escape classes is to remedy this.
Of course I wouldn't be able to do these classes if I was getting bone on bone pain, but that hasn't happened YET.

When I had my TKR on my left knee I couldn't lift my leg for several days, my muscles were so weak. Hopefully when round two comes for the right knee it will be in better shape.

You said your knee changes from day to day. What still the roller coaster? I have taken to wearing a compression sleeve all day. I was worried about becoming overly dependent on it, but I've found nothing on the Net to suggest constantly wearing it can cause problems. Its quite a light support, but boy does it help me. If I try to manage without it my knee feels really uncomfortable. Wearing it below my knee means that it doesn't restrict the bend.

How is the baker's cyst now? Carol
 
@patient 99
Are you sure you didn't hit the Lottery & Escape to warmer climates without Us ? :skep:
Are you & Wally enjoying a Piña Colada on some Sun drenched Tropical Island ?:cheers2:
I soooooo envy you,
Diana:wave:
P.S....
I found a lonely "Z" hanging around, Do you know where it belongs ?:rotfl::rofsign:
 
Hi Carol. My knee changing day to day referred to my non TKR knee I can get up one day and its fine all day then today fir instance I've been limping around the house all day. I think its more to do with the Bakers Cyst because its a different type of pain I'm getting. This isnt bone on bone. This is like nerve pain at the back of my knee and its horrible. I also wear a support on my knee and it defnitley helps. My left knee is absolutely fine. Looking at me every day saying come on get the other one done.. You will be fine. No thank you. Not just yet.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom