Bilateral TKR Eva41 on the Road to Recovery in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about ten weeks out and can do just about all I want to do, BUT I find that I still need some arm assistance when I get up from a seated position and I do still feel it a bit in my knees. Other than that, my recovery has gone well too so no complaints. :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you! I'm thinking it might be because I am working those quad muscles really hard at PT. I do notice it more in the evening after a particular hard PT session. I just need to be PATIENT!


BTKR 1 April 2014
 
Ok, I'm 15 weeks post op. WHY does it still hurt to get up from chairs and walk up and down stairs? I'm so frustrated and over this whole rehab thing!!! I'm thinking this us taking way too long and there's a problem. I just need a reason to keep pushing myself!
 
It is very frustrating, but try to remember that it can take up to a year for full recovery from TKR. We all were in pain so long before we finally had surgery, and we want to finally be pain-free. You will get there…..
 
I am working those quad muscles really hard at PT.
WHY does it still hurt to get up from chairs and walk up and down stairs?
Very possibly asked and answered. It's very easy to overdo things.

If it's your quads hurting rather than your knees, it really is QED -- you're getting the effects of training.
 
Thank you @Lovestoread, you are so right! I'm 100% better with the walking. No pain at all. I have no regrets at all doing both knees at once. I had such an easy recovery in the beginning, I foolishly thought I would be completely healed by now. Just a short little pity party, I'm back practicing gratitude and know it will be a longer journey than I ever expected.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
QUADS!!! All the muscles are still in recovery and I understand it can take up to a year for a FULL recovery!

I went back to work full time on June 25. While I am not in pain at all, I still "feel it" in the muscles around my knees and again, while not painful, it can be a little uncomfortable getting up and down, and sometimes if I have been sitting for too long, the first few steps are "warm ups"...lol.

On returning to work, I have had several coworkers contact me about my experience from surgery to recovery. So many of them are putting it off because they are afraid.

A funny story for all of you:

TSA Pre is awesome! You can leave your shoes on, your laptop in your bag, etc. Except for me of course. First time through the scan, I set off the alarm and they had me go back to remove my shoes; second time I set it off again and I went back and they had me remove my jewelry. I set it off for the THIRD time and I am thinking what could I possibly have on that's metal....ohhhhh!!! Sheepishly I said "ma'am, I've had both of my knees replaced." "Why didn't you mention it before?"..."it's my first time flying since my surgery and I forgot." LMAO!!!!
 
This is the view from the back of our summer house in Idaho. This is what I see everyday. While revamping my grateful attitude, this and my new knees are at the top of my list. I'm feeling motivated to get this rehab finished in this peace environment.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Eva41 on the Road to Recovery in Las Vegas
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1405601893.458012.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom